Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to buy?

Poster: A snowHead
I think I have the gear I need for this season - a pair of Kneissl Tankers with Sollies on them, a pair of Scott Missions with NX21s, a pair of Volkl V-Pros for rock skis, standard offpiste equipment, Goretex jacket and trousers, underlayers etc. I am considering getting new boots, since I can't quite get rid of pain with mine - if so, this is likely to be a visit to the Cham Zoo for AT boots.

But of course my eye is drawn to various deals, offers, gadgets, etc and I may be in the position to afford one or two (we're NOT talking about huge funds though).

So if you were me what would you buy this season? I won't do a poll as I would prefer snowheads' creativity to flow unimpeded, but I'll start the list with some suggestions.

- stick with buying the AT boots, it's the best investment
- stop being a slave to marketing and enjoy your skiing, you've got enough things
- get a pair of proper powder skis (Praxis, Prior, Moment, Bros, who knows), you can't rent them in Europe on the few days you can really enjoy them
- get a pair of piste skis (VERY unlikely especially as I can rent them if I ever feel the need)
- don't buy anything and spend more money on instruction or guides (trouble is, I might do that anyway)
- don't buy anything and spend money on an extra weekend
- buy How to Win Friends and Influence People, read it and make up with grazygeorges
- other?

My skiing this year is likely to be 3 weeks plus 3 weekends, if that helps with the suggestions.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon,

Boots sound the best idea....especially if you have pain with your old ones. If you plan a trip to the zoo....ask them what you need to supply in advance like pics of feets or something... and make sure they have your model covered..

I did all this prior to a visit..(to Lockwoods) and everything has been fine so far...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with JT you can get away without most of the "kit" but boots are the exception. A well fitting and comfy pair of boots will bring joy as nothing else can and also enable you to ski longer and to your maximum potential.
Go see the boyz.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
horizon, I wouldn't want to ski for a day in painful boots, you might be able to combine a shopping trip to the zoo with a holiday? If that straps the budget you could always borrow How to make Friends and Influence People from the library wink snowHead

I'm going to have a boring year shopping wise as I've not got everything I need, none of it has had much use and I can't justify any more spending on stuff I don't really need (I've already got 3 pair of gloves etc.). I wouldn't mind a trendier helmet, but again the one I have is perfectly servicable so I shouldn't really buy a new one. But if you are looking for some spends it is something that might need replacing in your kit if you use one.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2nd hand neno fartbag off ebay, oh and boots.

I'm going to get mine CEM'd (unless the prognosis is REALLY bad) and then spending any 'spare' on a really lairy pair of trousers Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trousers all the way. Mine are white with little colourful robots on them.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm going to be in the don't buy anything and get more skiing in camp this season, although another pair of merino thermals wouldn't go amiss . Hubby probably need some new sallies, and base layers.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JT wrote:
If you plan a trip to the zoo....ask them what you need to supply in advance like pics of feets or something...

Fantastic stand-alone phrase, don't you think? wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fallliner wrote:

Robots? Awesome.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cunners wrote:
fallliner wrote:

Robots? Awesome.

I want robots too!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Praxis. If it snows, you'll appriciate it Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fallliner wrote:

I think we need a link to these. Anything with robots is instantly the best possible thing you can buy.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
horizon wrote:
I think I have the gear I need for this season - a pair of Kneissl Tankers with Sollies on them, a pair of Scott Missions with NX21s, a pair of Volkl V-Pros for rock skis, standard offpiste equipment, Goretex jacket and trousers, underlayers etc. I am considering getting new boots, since I can't quite get rid of pain with mine - if so, this is likely to be a visit to the Cham Zoo for AT boots.

But of course my eye is drawn to various deals, offers, gadgets, etc and I may be in the position to afford one or two (we're NOT talking about huge funds though).

So if you were me what would you buy this season? I won't do a poll as I would prefer snowheads' creativity to flow unimpeded, but I'll start the list with some suggestions.

- stick with buying the AT boots, it's the best investment
- stop being a slave to marketing and enjoy your skiing, you've got enough things
- get a pair of proper powder skis (Praxis, Prior, Moment, Bros, who knows), you can't rent them in Europe on the few days you can really enjoy them
- get a pair of piste skis (VERY unlikely especially as I can rent them if I ever feel the need)
- don't buy anything and spend more money on instruction or guides (trouble is, I might do that anyway)
- don't buy anything and spend money on an extra weekend
- buy How to Win Friends and Influence People, read it and make up with grazygeorges
- other?

My skiing this year is likely to be 3 weeks plus 3 weekends, if that helps with the suggestions.

STFU JONG

Wink

flog the missions (but keep the sollies) stick the NX21s on the tankers then get some high performance AT boots and some proper powder skis and mount the sollies on them

simple Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DaveC wrote:
fallliner wrote:

I think we need a link to these. Anything with robots is instantly the best possible thing you can buy.

Hmm Except 5 year old pocket rockets - they were fairly poo-poo to start with and haven't improved with age wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob wrote:
Hmm Except 5 year old pocket rockets - they were fairly poo-poo to start with and haven't improved with age wink

That was my first thought. Although I quite like robots. I don't want them on my trousers though, I'd like one to hang out with my wife, and to do my job.

Apart from that, what Arno said. Oh and wrong forum, JONG. Wink

I'm guessing that your skiing will be limited by holiday leave rather than money so you need to have new toys to get you through those lonely grey winter nights.

I real pair of powder skis sounds like just the ticket.

Clearly sort the boots first mind.

Naxos to Tanker. Sollies to... something fun. Awesome deals on Pontoons & Hellbents out there... shame you'd have to look at the Hellbents if you bought them. Or you could come ski here and leave them with me, and I promise a wood veneer topsheet by the time you come back...
snow report
I actually quite like the hellbent topsheet, especially last years. A 3 headed puking death and massive zombie army on horseback disembarking from a galleon on a sea of blood just seems somehow right.
snow report
Cunners, dude, how old are you?
latest report
Thought I'd resurrect this as I ended up buying the touring boots from Footworks. Haven't yet skied in them yet but they do have a fantastic colour combination of black and Jelly Bean green, matching absolutely nothing else in my equipment.

HOWEVER...on the same weekend a friend went to a ski trade show and called me to tell me of deals... I ended up getting a second pair of Tankers (diff topsheet though) and Barons. My only excuse is that they were cheap as chips (220 euros each).

I guess I need to do more skiing to justify all the equipment I now have.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy