Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Flights to Europe from Ryanair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Peter Ross wrote:
Quote:

I remember the highest road pass in Europe is near here as Le Tour de France went over it this year.

I guess you are talking about the Col de la Bonette which at 2715m is the 4th highest road pass in Europe after the Col de l'Iseran (2764m), Stelvio Pass (2754m) & Col Agnel (2744m), although there is a scenic loop road around the the summit at Cime de la Bonette which reaches 2802m and qualifies as the highest through road in Europe. There may also be higher roads or passes, either not asphalted or open to cars, that could perhaps be reached by motorcycle.
The Big Trail Bike Club do an annual pilgrimage to these highest passes every summer, they call it the Stella Alpina Plus, I guess they are all closed for the winter though.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
luigi wrote:
I guess they are all closed for the winter though.

None of them are open in the winter. As a general rule anything above 2200m isnt kept open. I imagine it is too much effort for roads that carry so little traffic.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WARNING **THREAD HIJACK**

I drive past Stansted airport 5 days a week, twice a day...

For me its "Stansted".... then on the Sign of a newly refurbished hotel I see " Hotel X, London Stanstead"

and now people use "Stanstead" here as well.

so which is it?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy