Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere - plumber!

Poster: A snowHead
A strange request I know but I'm looking for a plumber in Val d'Isere to fix a shower in an apartment there!

Can anyone recommend someone (a) reliable and (b) reasonably priced?!

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paul, we're good, but we're not that good rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul, Finding a French plumber is like finding hen's teeth, finding one in winter is even rarer. You could try phoning SAMSE, the builders merchant in Bourg St Maurice, most of the tradesmen in the Tarentaise use them & they might have some contact details. We had some work done last year by a couple of English guys who live in Sainte Foy, give my daughter, Emma, a call on 04 79 06 18 04 she should have a note of their number to hand. Although the best guy I've found is Masque who posts on this site, he's a whizz at French plumbing and French electricity. By a strange coincedence we're out in La Rosiere next week whether you could persuade him to give up some ski time? You could mail him on john@amicis.net. Good Luck
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowHeads tip: You can send a private message to any snowHeads member, follow the 'You have x new messages' link top right. Saves making email addresses public.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To late! But not much of a worry and "2 Finger" will pay with Margaux (plonk not Hemingway . . . on second thoughts . . . )
JohnB
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PS. What've you done to the shower?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A long shot, but how about emailing/ringing the Val tourist board to ask for help in finding one?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never mind about giving out masque's email, he's given out his daughter's phone number, and we've all read Austin 7's post... Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Probably worth removing it though, else he'll eventually start getting ridiculous amounts of spam to it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What do you mean "start getting" I average 200+ a day but most are filtered out before I have to worry - helps having your own mail server!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, okay. It'll probably double now, but I guess you're set for that. Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well so far today I've signed him up for SAGA, menshealth.com, dialaplumber.com, haircuts'r'us.com, madseptics.com & iloveskibunnies.com Wink
I'm sure I could think of many more Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
iloveskibunnies.com? In your dreams thunderbuns, you're not knotting your fingers in my curls and I already get c**p from SAGA (who's holiday's rely on you being so sedated or so p*ssed that you don't realise that the value is non existent. You should know what me'Mam thought of the one she went on!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Believe me darlin'; I would have to be sedated to SAGA levels to knot my fingers in your dreads, you're old enough to be my Dad Laughing Wink

(Ski Bunny turns 30 in 2 weeks - aaarrrrggghhhhhh)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
But I sure as hell don't look like him (that may not be a good thing).
30 eh? So begins the gentle decent into the world of cellulite creams, 'Tena Lady discrete' and KY jelly – and that’s just the beginning. How do I know this? The Masque has a wider skills base than kermit plumbing and website design.
Tried the pencil test lately?
latest report
Nasty ! Twisted Evil
snow report
Masque, she did.
The pencil broke.
snow conditions
Ouch, Lucie - you better check this out. Laughing
ski holidays
Fox, there are two pencil tests, which one are you thinking of?
ski holidays
the drop test. But the downward pressure was too much, and she crushed it.
snow report
Many thanks for the helpful responses (and the optimism, David!).

No idea whats wrong with the shower yet - will find out when I get there at the weekend. Hopefully it's nothing that a good thump won't fix but it's great to have options in case this doesn't work!
ski holidays
Fox, I've a feeling you've not quite followed that thought to it's logical conclusion!!! Or the painful possibilities that might arise.
Ahh . . . the ignorance and arrogance of youth versus the pragmatism and persistence of maturity . . .
snow report
You could try ringing an outfit called Mountain Rooms - they're an apartment agency in Val run by an English couple - they will have their own contacts and may be able to help you. A friend of mine lets his apartment through them and they have been very good so far.... worth a try?
latest report
BOOOOIIINNNG
ski holidays
The call out charges may be a little expensive wink
snow report
[quote="Wear The Fox Hat"]the drop test. But the downward pressure was too much, and she crushed it.[/quote]
Well that dates it Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy