Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI level 1 wtf????

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, I enjoyed mine, did you? Did you keep in touch with any of the people on your course? Did you get chance to freeski much on yours in Val D'Isere?

Obviously mine was in a dome so your experience will have been more like stab's will be in Zermatt. Apart from it being skiing not boarding of course.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a mong aren't I? Laughing I wonder if there's anything else I didnt worry about. Do you get any play time at the beginning to get your legs back or is it straight in?

VolklAttivaS5, yeah in a nutshell, no intention of teaching now or next season but in 3 years maybe I'd like a change, or at least the qualifications needed to have a change if I wanted to.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stab, We had a bit of a blast on the first day skiing to warm up (as well as a structured warm up each day) and about 45-60 minutes at the end of each day for free skiing before heading back to the classroom for evening theory sessions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, fan fapping tastic, now I'm hyped to go Very Happy w00t w00t
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, relax and enjoy the ride... if its anything like my course, you're gonna enjoy how much nicer and easier you will go.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ronald, yeah but you couldn't ski properly before NehNeh

Laughing
I guess I come across as freaking out.
THATS BECAUSE I AM OMFG IM GOING TO DIE AARRRGGHHHHHH11111!!!1 DO NOT WANT

hehe. Taking a day off from freakin out, going to the jungfraujoch for some high altitude chilling.
Looking at the piste maps for zermatt today and they are open right down to schwarzsee, that's awesome.
This may be my last post for a few weeks. Straight after I finish this basi ting I go to landgraaf for a couple of days then teh belgium.
Feel free to debate whether or not I will
(a) Fail.
(b) Forget to turn up monday morning.
(c) get caught smoking.
(d) Get caught listening to music.
(e) Forget where I am and start abusing skiers.
(f) Go off in a strop after arguing with someone.
(g) Pass
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If it's not (g) don't bother coming back.

Seriously, I'm sure you'll be fine and enjoy the week. L1 is not that hard, and the quality of the instruction is normally very high. Who knows, you may come back a better boarder and discover a new passion for passing on your greatness Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, good luck and don't forget to enjoy yourself! Looking forwards to hearing about all the traumas Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab wrote:
Ronald, yeah but you couldn't ski properly before NehNeh

Sadly... pretty much true Wink

But at least I didn't try sking on a board yet Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hahaha pass. Very Happy using my phone right now, dumping snowmen in zermatt today. Child protection tonight then 1st aid sat and sun. I nearly went home on tuesday i was doing so badly but pulled myself together. And skiers are still on the whole a weird bunch.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, yay a pass for the stoner !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, Sorted Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, well done!! you will really enjoy the first aid course on a bad hangover Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, nice one.
snow report
stab, Well done mate!
ski holidays
stab, nice one Smile
latest report
stab, that's great news well done. What was the pass rate and was Ash Newnes the Trainer or someone else?
ski holidays
stab, good work that fella!
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
stab, that's great news well done. What was the pass rate and was Ash Newnes the Trainer or someone else?

Back home now, everyone passed, 9 out of 9 Very Happy The trainer was Ben who is a top lad, a right jib monkey as well. The good thing was he encouraged jibbing/freestyle as part of the 5 strands Flow element. Friday was good fun, blind snowboarding Cool and jibbing. Central theme is a bit boring but it's so important to get right.
I had some hassle with my stance all week but on the last day he noticed my shoulder was wrong in my turns, I straightened it out and bingo, stance was good. Pretty stoked to go ride now as I improved a lot.

So now I have snowboard L1, my child protection module and my 1st aid all ticked off. 35 hours to go and I get my licence then 35 more to go for my L2, which apparantley I am ready for Smile
latest report
stab, well done mate Smile Glad you enjoyed it and felt you've improved. All stoked for L2 as well - who'd have thought that Wink
snow conditions
child protection and 1st aid wasnt so much fun but they are done now.
L2 looks way deeper than L1 but it's ultimately where I want to be, any more and I have to do 2nd discipline which imo is impossible although I was thinking about nordic to get to isia freestyle coach or whatever it's called.
ski holidays
stab, wonderful news well done! Fantastic that all 9 passed too. And ready for your L2 already! Great.

Glad that you got lots out of it, I hoped you would do even for your own boarding........ Very Happy Did you need to adjust your stance width by the way when we talked about that previously or were they alright with you to have it as whatever is comfortable?

Quote:

Central theme is a bit boring but it's so important to get right.

Laughing Laughing on reading the very first page of this thread who'd have thought that you would utter those words Shocked wink Amazing after all that worrying too!

Do you feel that you have taken away a lot of stuff that will make a real difference to you and them when you teach family and friends how to board now compared to what you were doing with them before?

If you are ready for L2 already-well, you never know stab, you could go on and on with this if you wanted to.

Good for you.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 23-11-08 22:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
stab, the BASP First Aid course. Er yes I didn't want to put you off before but I agree it is not as fun wink -I was glad when mine was finished and that's it for a good while until refresher time comes round.

L2 is a lot harder than L1 yes. At least if you get that you can command presumably more money teaching in Switzerland and it would open up other countries for you to teach in as well (except France).

2nd discipline, well for ISIA award you could go for L1 only in Ski. Not impossible at all and you have the advantage of living in Switzerland where you could get your skiing up to scratch quite quickly I should imagine, although maybe not something to rush with and do right away. I have only just started snowboarding recently ish in a Snowdome only and have only done it for a few hours I've not even been on snow yet with it (will be week after next!) and having never boarded before ever like I said. I have passed L1 Ski already and so in a year or two well then I will go for the L1 Snowboard after I've passed L2 Ski. It's just the other way round for you. I reckon you could do it with some work same as other way round for me.

Mind you, I dunno whether boarding is easier to pick up as a second discipline and get to the required level for ISIA i.e. L1 than skiing is? Hard to say having been a skier from the beginning. Puzzled
ski holidays
stab, well done mate Razz
latest report
stab, well done!
ski holidays
stab, congrats
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Glad that you got lots out of it, I hoped you would do even for your own boarding........ Very Happy Did you need to adjust your stance width by the way when we talked about that previously or were they alright with you to have it as whatever is comfortable?

Do you feel that you have taken away a lot of stuff that will make a real difference to you and them when you teach family and friends how to board now compared to what you were doing with them before?

I didnt answer this properly, out of the 9 of us only I screwed up the teaching part and had to redo it, I nailed it 2nd time. 1st time I had to teach toe side falling leaf, I didnt see the difference beween that and toeside diagonal side slip and that showed in my lesson. Because I taught myself I guess I missed out on some of the terms, like garlands for example, didnt have a scooby doo what that was, turns out I do them anyway just know I know what they are called Laughing

As for teaching friends/family its made it much clearer to me in terms of the learning process.

I would like to see the snowboarding break away from BASI though and become its own thing, loads of stories about skier hassle from the people who took the accomodation package with BASI.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, ah right.
Quote:

loads of stories about skier hassle from the people who took the accomodation package with BASI.

Shocked Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy