Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking the hubby here for xmas, it'll be his first experience of skiing/boarding in europe and whilst i've found it easy to get info on the slopes etc i'm struggling on the apres

Firstly the chalet we're staying in doesnt have a hot tub, for him unwinding tired muscles in the tub (generally whilst i slave away in the kitchen preparing a banquet for him) is an intragal part of the trip. Therefore are there any Thermal/Public baths in the area that would satisfy his need here?

Secondly, whats the night life like? Any good bar recomendations.

Thirdly, we're in a catered chalet but have to fend for oursleves one night so restaurant recommendations would be apprecaited, plus i guess at that time of years its best to make a reservation, right?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a pretty nice outdoor pool and an indoor leisure centre all covered by the lift pass. Can't remember whether there was a hot tub though

Night life isn't desperately sophisticated - this is slightly old info because I very rarely have the energy to go out boozing after a hard day on the slopes. The Underground was pretty good last time I was there; there are plenty of other places though.

The best restaurant in town is the Petit Creux - a good idea to book ahead. Dining on the slopes is better than in town IMO. Take time for some nice lunches if you can!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno knows Alpe d'Huez pretty well - I agree about the pool (there's a sauna but no hot tub I think, though worth checking). There's also an indoor pool (also no hot tub I believe) in the sports centre, which also has tennis courts, a climbing area etc.

There's an interesting place that does only fondues - I think it's called Crazy Fondue - anyway, it's in the galleries close to the ice rink in the centre.

I find AdH apres better than in a number of other French resorts (not Austrian-crazy, more towards "cool") but I can't remember any bar names.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
horizon, i'm much better at finding my way around the ski area than the town! usually stay in vaujany or down in the valley these days
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i quite liked what i can remember of "the irish pub" which seemed to be staffed by a load of Aussies. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rogg, an irish pub in france staffed by aussies lol just what i'm looking for Toofy Grin

horizon, Arno, thanx for the info
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snobunni, There is a hot tub at the outdoor pool but it is not free to use with your lift pass - you have to pay a couple of Euros for it. There is also a new place that has opened up call La Spa which offers hot tub/steam room/sauna/massage etc and is near to Smithies and the Igloo - both places you will no doubt stumble upon if you are up for a good night out! The Underground is also worth stopping in at for a drink or two!! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
katski, la spa sounds good, no doubt we'll check it out, thanks for the info
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's 2 fondue places in the covered mall (well one is at the outside bit as it were (I thought it the better of the 2). Re the pool, remember your SPEEDOS or you will have to buy or rent them (this comment is aimed at your Hubby, no idea what the dress restrictions for girlies is). There's an indoor pool too I think in a separate building.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ghost Dog wrote:
There's 2 fondue places in the covered mall (well one is at the outside bit as it were (I thought it the better of the 2). Re the pool, remember your SPEEDOS or you will have to buy or rent them (this comment is aimed at your Hubby, no idea what the dress restrictions for girlies is). There's an indoor pool too I think in a separate building.

Snobunni the really do mean SPEEDOS - he won't be let in to the public with what boardies, surf shorts or anthing remotely similar that would pass muster (and preserve modesty) in the UK - it's budgie smugglers all the way in ADH..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy