Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Converting from CASI to BASI ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks everybody for the insights and especially to veeeight, and skimottaret, for the contact details in Switzerland. Have been busy e-mailing and looks like I may have sorted myself out a job in Verbier for the comming season Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowface71, fantastic news, well done... which ski school?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowface71, I think you're better off keeping with CSIA as well instead of paying to change to BASI. It's a lot of expense.

Good for you for getting a job in Switzerland. Well done. snowHead

Snowshark do you know which ski schools in Austria have taken on BASI Level 1's as you described? I thought you had to be at least a BASI Level 2 or equivalent to get a job in Austria, says so on the BASI qualifications notes page anyway. I understand that some schools use their own discretion with regards to this though, but is it only some Austrian schools which use this discretion?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
VolklAttivaS5, Many schools in Austria insist on foreigners going through the Anwaerter course. Others seem to employ BASI L2's and above without issue.

Ski Schule Sunny in Finkenberg took on a couple of BASI L1's last season. I understood this to be at the discretion of the Ski School. It seems at half term, ski schools all over austria are desperate for ski instructors.

Austrian Ski schools are, however, quick to dismiss unsuitable candidates. I'm pleased to say the BASI lads at Finkenberg did well. (altough only L1, they were experienced and excellent skiers and easily exceeded the teaching abilities of Anwaerters in other schools.)

As for other countries, I can't comment.

A point of curiosity: Alpine Ski Leaders are employed in (Apparent) teaching roles by British (school) holiday firms operating in Austria, yet ASL's don't appear to be allowed to work on dry slopes and Snow domes within UK.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy