Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daftest name for a ski

Poster: A snowHead
"Enforcers" indeed. Reminds me of seeing elderly folk in matching cardies in cars towing caravans called "Avenger" and "Marauder" (genuine examples). Any dafter ones about?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, I believeb there was a Swiss brand called 'W*nk' or 'W*nker'.

It never caught on in this country for some reason.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ignore my last post.

The brand I was thinking of was a ski called 'Wally'

The other names were shops in Austria that were popular in British holiday snaps.

My confusion is down to memory loss with old age.

http://www.wally.com/jumpNews.asp?idLang=IT&idChannel=25&idUser=0&idNews=151&Attivo=undefined
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo, Laughing Laughing Laughing

I always wondered why the cleaner which was for many years called "Jif" became "Cif" and wondered if "Jif" was unspeakably obscene in some important export market.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Latchigo, you W..................

..ally
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, what about Oil of Ulay? Or Marathon bars? Or Opal Fruits?

Stupid ski names? Hippy Stinx....(although when you meet someone who uses them, it kinda makes sense wink )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've always had a soft spot for "Sir Francis Bacon" as a ski name.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spotty

(Roxy Ski's)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Linds, but do they have spots, like those rather nice Roxy helmets - and jackets - of a few years ago? If so, perfect name. "Opal fruits" is about as unexceptional as you can imagine. They have to be called something. If they were called, say "jealous killers" or "poisonous infidels" or "perfidious underminers" it would be worth remarking, and about as appropriate as calling a ski an "Enforcer" or a caravan a "Marauder". Maybe a nice smooth piste ski could be called a "placator"?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd suggest ski co's take a page out of snowheads book, indeed a series of pages

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22728

The Rossignol Bipolar Clanger and K2 Splurge Nurd are clear winners from where I'm sitting.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
"Enforcers" indeed. Any dafter ones about?

They all seem pretty daft to me ... usually with XRI, GTI, TIs, FFS etc added for go faster stripes .... and the concept of 'oversize' must have come from a particularly poorly hung marketing nerd .. and as for K2 , do they have to prove they were smoking illegal substances at the time ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

If they were called, say "jealous killers" or "poisonous infidels" or "perfidious underminers" it would be worth remarking,

pam w, Not what Easiski said when she saw some at Mondial ski a few years ago on the 1st PSB Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well in terms of odd ski names I'm looking at the thread entitled 4frnt msp and hoping that it must be an acronym or something for forefront rather an an actual ski name
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ninthward comte 1870

comte is a v pleasant cheese....................they did a butterlicious as well, which i know is a park rat term, but is comte?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't Rossignol make a rather inappropriately named junior ski - the Lolita?
latest report
paulio, Laughing
snow conditions
paulio, Do you have to get them shorter?
ski holidays
Narrow Ass Snowboards,

Commikazi
latest report
Volkl "Chopstick" - not the sort of name I'd expect for a 128mm waisted reverse camber ski.
ski holidays
I want a pair of those Perfidious Underminers! Laughing
ski holidays
paulio, yes, I saw a pair of "Lolita" skis on eBay. Shocked
latest report
Just came across the Lolita skis on Ski Republic's website, and was sure it would have been remarked upon on Snowheads. Sure enough, a quick search found this thread.

I rather think that no-one at Rossignol has any idea what the book is actually about. Or perhaps I am wrong and next year they will launch a whole "Young-Nympho" line of skis for little girls? Some more names for them to consider: the Rossignol Strumpet? The Rossignol Hooker?
snow conditions
Daft names I like:

AMPLID TEDDY BARE
ATOMIC PIMP
K2 OBSETHED
LINE MOTHERSHIP
MOVEMENT YAKA JAM
SALOMON ROCKER
SCOTT STUNT
VOLKL TIGERSHARK

Daft names I don't like:

DYNASTAR LEGEND MYTHIC RIDER FLUID
LINE SIR FRANCIS BACON
MOVEMENT KAMASUTRA
NORDICA HOT ROD NITROUS / AFTERBURNER / SPEEDMACHINE MACH 2 etc
snow report
Cunners wrote:
I've always had a soft spot for "Sir Francis Bacon" as a ski name.

Seems to be rather idolized among some tribes.
ski holidays
shorely, the upcoming DYNASTAR BIG DUMP wins hands down
latest report
Arno wrote:
shorely, the upcoming DYNASTAR BIG DUMP wins hands down

Ew.... I'd rather the Big Dump didn't win hands down. They have come up trumps though and I expect to see a splattering of them on the mountain.
snow report
Latchigo wrote:
pam w, I believeb there was a Swiss brand called 'W*nk' or 'W*nker'.

Totally off topic but reminds me of a 100% true story from my days working in a call centre.

We used to have to spell out postcodes and were meant to use the proper phonetic alphabet (H for Hotel etc).

Anyhow, I'm checking some spelling with this old guy on the phone and said "Is that Y for W*NK?" There was a long silence as i realised what i'd said wasn't sure what to do, then the guy goes "my dear, i think you'll find that w*nk begins with a W".
snow report
Also Off topic (since it's a bike, not a ski), but the "Cove Handjob" (http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/frames/mountain/product/handjob-9308) bothers me everytime i see one.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 13-02-09 18:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.scottybob.com/telemark/fatbastard.html
snow report
magic_hat, Laughing Laughing Laughing Classic!
latest report
I always thought that K2 "Burnin' Luvs" referred to STDs Toofy Grin
snow report
troublemaker wrote:

LINE SIR FRANCIS BACON

I don't get it - did Line just randomly go through famous Brits in wikipedia??? Can't wait for the Geoffrey Chaucers or perhaps Ethelred the Unready Very Happy rolling eyes Actually the Ethelreds have gotta bit of a ring to them!!!
latest report
One of Eric Pollard's heros, I understand.

If I were naming skis I'd start with the Sir Humphrey and then work my my way though the rest of Yes Minister.
snow conditions
Sleipnir, I 'most died laffin when people asked for reviews of them.

Cunners, I want some Father Jack Hacketts.
snow report
magic_hat wrote:
Also Off topic (since it's a bike, not a ski), but the "Cove Handjob" (http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/frames/mountain/product/handjob-9308) bothers me everytime i see one.

I prefer the "Cove Stiffee"
ski holidays
comprex wrote:
Cunners, I want some Father Jack Hacketts.

A pair of fecks please! Laughing Laughing
snow report
Quote:
I believe there was a Swiss brand called 'W*nk'
Actually, a name I gave to my beloved RX8s on the first day in Austria after their 'service' at well known sports superstore near where I work, presumably with a knife and fork. The credit note that the French workshop guy subsequently gave me said 'goodwill refund', which was somewhat of an irony...Laughing
(And no, it wasn't the workman blaming... NehNeh)
snow conditions
Skied on Vank mountain in Garmish Germany. Spelt With a W, I thought it was good rolling eyes I was skiing with the American Army at the time, and they did not get it at all Puzzled Thats because most of them were Vankers Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Nordica 'Doberman' for crying out loud. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy