Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Panorama Resort, Canada - Accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about spending a few days at Panorama Resort in early Jan 09 before heading to Banff. Some of the reviews on the net say the accommodation isn’t that great and the place gets over run by student yobs on the weekends i.e. noisy...

Anybody been there last season and can name a good place to stay – or to avoid? Was looking at Taynton Lodge or one of the Lookout townhomes?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alexk, welcome to snowHead
Sorry, but not stayed in Panorama...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alexk, welcome to snowHeads. I have stayed in Panorama a couple of times, booked accommodation through the resort website, it was absolutely fine - small condo with all the necessary facilities. I'm pretty sure the accommodation is standard throughout the resort, the whole thing is an Intrawest model village type of place (not terribly attractive! - but the hill is great). I wasn't bothered by noise at night, and indeed wasn't aware of any yobs generally, but I guess that, if you're concerned, you could just make sure that you book somewhere that's a block or two away from the single, main street. Also, perhaps worth making sure there isn't a hot tub right outside your window - people frolic in those quite late in the evening. Generally, it isn't a riotous sort of place, the nightlife (at least when I was there) was pretty non-existent.

Have a look at this report though it's a bit out-of-date, also at this thread for more information.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
alexk, Its all graded from memory in terms of Silver, Gold etc - we stayed in a gold studio and it was pretty good, very warm that was my only complaint.
I think the negative reviews are on the cheaper accomodation - which was the Pine Lodge I think. Certainly I recally people saying it was a little shabby.
Unfortunately, you don't have a great deal of choice as every building is owned by Intrawest, probably every room identical - so really I would guess a case of paying as much as you want/can for the higher level of room.
Taynton Lodge is meant to be about the highest of the apartments - don't know about the townhomes, though given the name I would expect also pretty good.

Unless you go on a particularly busy holiday season - I somehow doubt you'll get much in the way of roudiness - when I was there in Jan 07 it was utterly dead every night, boringly so, to be honest.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info all. I think by Jan I will need a few quiet days, so boring might actually be good for a few days. Then on to Banff for some action!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed in the bottom price Pine Lodge, the room was a good size & clean. The corridors outside were a little shabby - but it was only a few meters to the main chair lift and near the communal hot tubs. Everyone seemed to gone to bed by 9 pm. Only yobs? I met were 2 french speeking ski bums in the small Pine Lodge hot tub, they had smuggled in some booze & passed round joints - good company with tales of daring beyond the boundary ropes. It is a great hill, but the resort is not great with poor food & no nightlife.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alexk, i took the family to Panorama Jan this year, we were originally in Pine Inn, but after 2 days of coming back to our room to find the cleaners had left our door open we upgraded to a private condo arranged for us by Phil and Clair from Earl Grey Lodge. Earl Grey Lodge itself is fantastic accomodation. Panorama Springs is nice as well.

We didnt find it overrun by student yobs at the weekends, weeekends were busier but there still wasnt any queues and there was nothing too rowdy . . . on the slopes anyway, in the crazy horse was another matter but all good fun Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had hoped that the name Crazy Horse might imply some sort of "buzz"... I was mistaken, every time I went in there it was dead, the tables were full but I've felt more atmosphere in the office at 8.30 on Monday mornings....
Must be unlucky, then!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eddyr, the live music night was rammed, one in one out on the door and lots of craziness going on . . . i lost my husband for a while in there but was kindly looked after a group of boarders with jaegerbombs . . . this was very late though or rather very early in the morning . . .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've stayed in the Riverbend condos (twice) and in the Pine Inn. The Pine is really cheap and very close to the hill, but you have no facilities in your room and the decor is a little dated and shabby. I'd much prefer the Riverbend - accommodation in the lower village is more spacious and quieter than in the upper village, and, as there's a bucket lift connecting the two centres, there's little convenience benefit from being in the upper village.

I've been in Panorama for several weekends, and I've never seen anything that could remotely be described as a noisy student yob. You're more likely to encounter snowball-throwing primary school kids who've been let loose by their parents because the place is so safe.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny Jones, good point, although there was a park for little kids to play in they all found it much more fun to clamber on the mounds of snow round the outdoor seating area for the canteen and throw snowballs around this area generally making an nuisance of themselves which was quite annoying
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We stayed in the Pine Lodge or Tree or whatever it's called. Shabby and rather small by N.American standards, but adequate and right on the snow. The place was deadish (in UK school Easter hols), and off the snow is not somewhere I'd recommend. The skiing is quite distinctive and in many respects excellent.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BTW, in BC you can't drink until you're 21, and they seem to take that quite seriously (being Canadian), so if you're under 21, don't forget the duty free.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond wrote:
The skiing is quite distinctive and in many respects excellent.

The skiing in Panorama is absolutely fabulous for strong intermediates who enjoy trees, steeps and bumps but aren't ready for too many couloirs and cliffs. If you want to cruise groomers, you'll be bored by lunchtime on your first day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonny Jones, good summary.
snow report
richmond, was just about to post the very same thing. I really liked the skiing there, but did think the village was horrible.
snow conditions
richmond, 19. It's 19. Depending where you are you can get away with being underage ex, Revelstoke.
latest report
arv, sorry, silly me.
ski holidays
richmond, I'll get over it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy