Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Armada JJ (previous JP vs Julien I believe)

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied these? Any opinions... was looking at them as a powder ski-they look handy and seem t o have a more versatile reverse sidecut ARG-type shape.

Opinions appreciated-also if you tried 'em where were they mounted?

Ross

Product vid for those interested:

http://youtube.com/v/CFZDJH2Aj5Y
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The above also leads to Armada Arv's potentially being up for sale, drilled once for free ride at armadas suggest mark (ie not centre mounted) drilled once for rossi freeride bindings. Skied handful of times spotless bases/edges. Received full tune with a thin layer of storage wax (they didnt see snow as soon as I expected them to).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looks like a scott mission on steroids... with less sidecut... or something Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, I'd rather you didn't associate my potential new ski with those Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
arv, will you change your username, again?

I skied the first incarnation of JP vs J. Nice skis. No idea where they were mounted they had demo binders. I found them a little too soft for my liking but very agile for a reasonably big ski.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This years look quite funky, similar design to the Rossi S7? Hoping to borrow a pair of either on a powder day and see how they compare to reverse/reverse.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112565
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, ah thanks-will keep an eye on that. parlor ARV actually came from Lake Land Airport in Wisconsin. Code-"ARV".

DaveC, similar looking, the s7 has 176, 188 size available, think the 185 of the JJ may appeal more to me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DaveC, not skied a reverse/reverse so thinking the new JP might me an easy introduction to the idea.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
does't look like it's reverse anything though Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno, it's got a reverse sidecut in the tip and tail and a rockered tip?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arv, I stand by my comment but it's certainly getting more towards the "funshape" end of the spectrum

go for it, they look like a lot of fun. i have some fat, almost no sidecut skis with lots of tip rocker and they.... um.... rock in the right conditions
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno wrote:
does't look like it's reverse anything though Puzzled

Well, it's halfway there in both senses. It's as reverse sidecut as a DPS138 is, and I'm going to add a rockered tip/conventional tail this year just to have a bit more of a stable pow charger/hucker (if I ever sack up for >10ft intentionally anyway).

I don't think it'll ski much like a reverse/reverse though, given it won't insta-pivot and it probably won't powerslide/slarve. Still looks like it'll be awesome in deep snow though!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DaveC, I was just checking out the Lotus 120's Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If I remember right, Arno has a pair going Wink I'm going to be trying to get my hands on Lotus 120s or PM Gear Brockers this year, since I'd really like something along those lines, as well as the JPvsJ and S7.
snow report
arv, sweet ski Cool

DaveC, think we're in danger of splitting hairs but it looks like the JJ has a bit more conventional sidecut than the 138.

I'm probably going to keep my 120s. Was thinking of replacing them with some newer shinier ones or maybe some 200cms ones but can't really justify it given they only get 4 or 5 days use a year
latest report
Arno, what length are your current efforts... with dukes?
latest report
they have had dukes and P18s on them. currently unmounted.
they are really playful and easy to ski at 190. i would think that the 200s won't feel any longer than my 194 XXLs. that was my thinking anyway
snow report
I have skied on the new 08/09 JJ, ARG and alpha 1. All feature "elf shoe" reverse camber and dual sidecuts.

I also had a pair of the old JJ's or Jp vs julien as well.

The new JJ has got to be one of the most versitile and exciting reverse camber ski's on the market right now. Personally i found it had more of an edge over some of the other reverse camber ski's on the market because:

- It doesn't lose too much contact with the reverse camber (which is good inbetween off trail areas, for riding t bars, and traversing across ridge tops they aren't too twitchy)

- Having tapered tips is good as they don't dive

- having tapered tails is good in tight shoots as it requires less effort to turn.

- also in variable snow pack you float ontop of the crap more and are less likely to get caught up.

- it's loads of fun on crappy days to do butters and can even hold itself on trail.

- It's also at 115 underfoot reasonibly narrow!? for this kind of ski and dare i say it a good all-rounder ( for someone that's had in this order Public enemy, volkl bridge, K2 seth, Volkl gotama as all-rounders in the past)
snow conditions
michelle84, interesting thoughts, cheers. Have you skied any of the other reverse/rockered skis out of interest? Can you compare to Hellbents/Spatula shapes?
latest report
That was a direct comparison to the hellbents, just an underhand one because i didn't want to wee wee in anyones chips.

I find there's too much reverse on the hell bents although i have friends that swear by them an even use them as park ski or to ski patrol on everyday!!!. (i feel sorry for the people they take down in the bloodbath)

The HB kind of put me off reverse camber ski's and i thought they'd only be useful for those very few days or riding in japan. But the JJ's were a real surprise.

I think a fairer comparison would be to compare the jj's to the K2 obsethed which is similar waist but no dual camber. The obsethed has reverse but only 20cms from the tip and tail and it ski's nicely (if mounted forward of k2 recommended spot) On a personal level i prefer a more tapered/tradional tip/tail shape for cut up/wind blown/variable terrain which the JJ has over the obsethed
snow report
Interesting - so I'm guessing you skied these in Europe? I'm on Praxis whenever the snow is soft and they're like a hellbent on steroids for "things that don't make life easy on groomers", but I love them... I'd like something for cruddy day after days where groomers are a bit more of a necessity to get around.
ski holidays
no i've skied them in new zealand mostly. However i did ski the obsethed and hellbents in europe as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy