Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can't believe my luck...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked a December trip to Val 'D'isere t'other week so that's one trip sorted but out of the blue, this mnring had call from a guy I met last year in Les Gets, asking if I wanted to go late Feb/early march. Thought the missus would go spare but she's well up for it and as a bonus, one of my boardng mates has also said he's well up for it. Can't beleive that I'm already getting two trips in!! Smile

The question is where should we go?

We've always had epic snow at that time of year before but has anyone got any suggestions on a resorts that's generally amazing for snowboarding at that time of year but without it costing a fortune?

Was thinking Three Valleys, St Anton or LDA. heard these are wicked when there's massive dumps.

Can't do USA/Canada/Japan because we can only do 7 days so Europe it has to be. Night life will be essential - are there any big events on in Europe at the end of Feb that we could tie-in with for a good Apres?

I'm all giddy with excitement.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

late Feb/early march.

don't go anywhere in France late Feb/early March, it'll be mobbed. You need to wait till second week of March, which will be much less busy after the end of the school hols.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, is that French school hols? Aren't they about a trillion years long and every kid in France is off at the same time?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
no, they're just four weeks (feels like a trillion years sometimes) and they stagger the weeks, so they're not all off at once (feels like they are....). But anyone without kids would be a bit barmy to go in the first week of March if they could go the following week and have much nicer conditions. Besides, the last few years, the very best snow has been in mid to late March!

To get in BEFORE the French school hols you have to go no later than the first week of Feb.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

late Feb/early march.

don't go anywhere in France late Feb/early March, it'll be mobbed. You need to wait till second week of March, which will be much less busy after the end of the school hols.

Specialman, we always go on our family ski hol late Feb and usually to France (LDA past 2 seasons), I can honestly say I have never seen the holiday period as being a problem. Granted it is probably a little busier but if you go to a large enough resort that shouldn't be a problem. I have heard the stories of nightmare lift q's etc but have never experienced it myself, OK the main lifts in the morning can be a bit busy but thats about it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman, go to St Anton if you're going to Val D'Isere in the Jan. Think the Austrian holidays have finished by first week of March but might be wrong, even if they haven't still go to St Anton or go the 2nd week of March and go to St Anton.

See this link for why I say this besides if you're going to France in the Jan then it will make a change won't it going to Austria in the March. I don't know if it really is more expensive than say The Three Valleys as that can get pricey, perhaps someone else could advise. Les Deux Alpes would be your cheapest option I'd have thought. I'm off to St Anton meself in Jan Toofy Grin :-

http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=132&desc=St+Anton%2C+Austria&resname=132&x=32&y=7

Or what about Verbier? Says on this link that it's cheaper than many of the French resorts

http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=133&desc=Verbier%2C+Switzerland&resname=133&x=31&y=14

I went to Meribel on 23rd Feb this year and it was absolutely heaving as it was still holidays in France. I wouldn't go that time again out of choice but someone else fixed it up that week. Didn't get stuck in any queues but made sure I was on the lifts before the ski schools set off. Although I didn't get stuck in a lift queue it did mean because of the volume of people in the main areas sometimes the snow got all cut up and slushy much, much quicker than it would have done in a quiet off peak week. If I was you I'd choose 2nd week of March for France and check the Austrian holidays if you want St Anton. I reckon you won't go wrong going there plus you'll be able to go to the Krazy Kangaruh and Mooserwirt if you three like your apres ski.

So best price them all up to check to be on the safe side. Check out the Chalet Hotel De Verbier in er, Verbier thought they had some reasonable deals on with Inghams when I had a look recently. It's a catered chalet hotel right in the centre next to the Tourist Office.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

we always go on our family ski hol late Feb and usually to France (LDA past 2 seasons), I can honestly say I have never seen the holiday period as being a problem.

Gregd, if that's all you've ever known, you won't know what you're missing. Quiet slopes, quiet restaurants, stroll onto a lift with no queue at all, entire pistes to yourselves...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Quote:

we always go on our family ski hol late Feb and usually to France (LDA past 2 seasons), I can honestly say I have never seen the holiday period as being a problem.

Gregd, if that's all you've ever known, you won't know what you're missing. Quiet slopes, quiet restaurants, stroll onto a lift with no queue at all, entire pistes to yourselves...

pam w, who said it was all i've ever known, we haven't always been a family, I was happy once upon a time Laughing Laughing Laughing, (don't tell the handbrake i said that) what I said was that I didn't see it as a major problem, beggars can't be choosers and busy slopes are better than no slopes at all wink .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy