Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zoom flights 'grounded over fees'

Poster: A snowHead
smudger, I haven't heard anything more from Inghams about my Fernie trip I must admit although I'm not worried. They will sort it I'm sure. It says on the website that customers won't suffer financially. I'm sure they can get the flights through Air Canada if they want, they are probably looking for a cheaper carrier though. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
VolklAttivaS5, smudger,
Phoned my agent on Saturday,and he had heard from Inghams that things are taking a little longer to sort than expected, but not to worry and we should be hearing from them by the 21st.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rookiemark, Have you heard any news yet?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
smudger,
No, still all silence from Inghams, just this on their website.
Inghams clients booked on the Zoom charter flight from Manchester to Calgary are advised that we are currently making alternative flights arrangements and that our charter programme on this route will continue to operate this winter.

Clients will be advised of the new arrangements after 17th September (via their travel agent if applicable). There is no need for clients or travel agents to contact us at this stage.

We would like to stress that no Inghams clients will suffer any financial loss as a result of the airline’s failure.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rookiemark, Thanks...

Hopefully we'll hear something positive soon!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
smudger, Good News!! Very Happy My tame travel agent mate just rang and told me our flights are now sorted, we are now traveling with Thomas Cook airlines and the flight times are virtually the same. He said I should get confirmation in writing by early next week. Been chatting to others who are in the same boat on another forum and they have been changed to Monarch Puzzled .Apparently Inghams are dealing with this on a date by date booking by booking basis according to the travel agent so you will have to wait to get a letter from Inghams to find out which flight you are on.
Ps What date are you supposed to flying on? maybe we could meet for a pint If we are both there at the same time?
Regards
Mark
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rookiemark, what dates were you going to give me an idea and is that from Manchester to Calgary? I'm going 18th Feb from Manchester to Calgary and waiting for my flight details to be confirmed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
VolklAttivaS5, We go from Manchester to Calgary on the 14th of January for 2 weeks.
My friendly travel agent said that Inghams were sorting the flights out Chronologically i.e soonest departure first, so I'm sure yours will be confirmed soon.
Changing the subject slightly, we may be able to discuss this problem in person soon, as I beleve you are out in Tignes in December, and I'm at the ski and board camp from the 2nd to the 5th. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rookiemark, thanks for that. Yes we can discuss it personally by all means....I am there in Tignes 29th Nov-20th Dec and am planning on meeting up with Incogskisno, holidayloverxx and others so that would be cool. I have the first week free so to speak and then I am on courses 6th-20th then so that will make meeting up with peeps more difficult. You will have to give me a shout before I go, not sure if my accomodation has WiFi or not you see. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
... not sure if my accomodation has WiFi or not you see. Very Happy

Free wifi in the Alpaka. Pop in there for a drink and they'll give you the password.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, ok thanks!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rookiemark, Thanks very much for the info!

Unfortunately we are going at different times...we leave on the 4th Feb. Anyone else there at this time?

Glad to know it's all getting sorted. I'm really excited about this one Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
smudger, We got notice from Inghams about 4 weeks before zoom tooka nose dive. They have redirected us from Gatwick to Heathrow T5 with BA, and give us a £90 pound refund. I didn't know any different at the time, but evidently someone must of.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Crystal have pulled my Manchester to Calgary Monarch flight. They offered me a Gatwick flight which is roo inconvenient for me or Manchester via LHR at a supplement of £150. I am cynical in thinking there is some oppotunism on the demise of Zoom. The original booking was a great deal not as attractive now. I see Inghams are now using a Thomas Cook charter flight from MAN to Calgary but TUI don't seem to have a slice of this.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 26-09-08 20:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just received a letter from my Mastercard provider: the cost of my Zoom flights has been credited back to my account.

Three cheers for the Consumer Credit Act.
latest report
Quote:

Three cheers for the Consumer Credit Act

The EU has, I believe, driven a lot of the improved consumer protection, so next time someone says "What's the EU ever done for me?"........
snow conditions
smudger, Rookiemark, I received my amended flight details for Manchester to Calgary today so it wasn't too long a wait for them to get to my date at all.

Flight on way out is now much earlier at 09.15 instead of 13.00 (means 07.15 check in though and 04.15 set off from home-ouch!) although way back is only 35 minutes earlier at 16.05 instead of 16.45. Happy with that, the early start on way out doesn't matter so much as I never sleep properly the night before anyway, I prefer that to an early start on the way back. I see though it was just as well I had booked a Wednesday to Wednesday ski trip-apparently Inghams have had to put the kybosh on Saturday to Saturday flights to Calgary (from Manchester anyway) so it said on the letter and Wednesdays is all they've got due to flight sourcing problems.

They have offered me a full refund if the flight times aren't convenient so I'm pleased with them. I will keep those flights they've offered me anyway.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Three cheers for the Consumer Credit Act

The EU has, I believe, driven a lot of the improved consumer protection, so next time someone says "What's the EU ever done for me?"........

Not that one (which came in about 2 years after we joined the "Common Market" as it was then).

And actually, not all that much of it. Most of the EU directives on consumer law were already exceeded by our laws.

There are a few bits though where EU directives have been an improvement (for the consumer) over what we already had.
ski holidays
Stands to reason that there will be some difficulty in accomodating everyone on like for like deals and I'm not surprised that surviving airlines are taking opportunity to jack up prices a bit as looks like capacity constraints will bite this winter.

Don't think there will be many late bargains to Canada this winter.
latest report
VolklAttivaS5,
Good news and I'm glad your flight is sorted. Sorry about the Early start though Crying or Very sad ah well you'll probably be so tired that you'll sleep well on the flight. I'm also lucky enough to have booked a Wednesday flight, it would have been a right pain for me having to travel down to one of the London airports.
ski holidays
Rookiemark, yeah well Gatwick and Manchester are equidistant from my house but I'm sure Manchester is quicker to get to instead of all that M25 and M23 poo. I can never sleep properly the night before I'm going away anyway and like you say at least I might get some zeds on the plane then. 9 hour flight eh, longest I've flown is 5 hours so far so it's almost double. I expect it will be fine though knowing that lovely snow will be there the other side!

Thanks a lot
snow report
We are booked with Inghams on Monarch for a Saturday flight during February, fingers crossed at the moment (particulary as the oil price is below $100.00 per barrel again) but has anyone been changed from Monarch at this stage?

Thanks.
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
[ apparently Inghams have had to put the kybosh on Saturday to Saturday flights to Calgary (from Manchester anyway) so it said on the letter and Wednesdays is all they've got due to flight sourcing problems.

!!!! Does that mean there are no places for the Sat-Sat flights from Manchester, Im booked with Inghams to fly Man-Cal on a Saturday flight in January, We haven't had a letter from Inghams yet about our updated flights.

Ah well better to have a date change than a total cancellation I suppose.
ski holidays
mark handford, I'm not 100% sure, but somone on another forum told me, he had to change his dates to Wednesday from Manchester, so it seems that the Saturday departure may be a no no.
ski holidays
Rookiemark,

Low and behold just had the letter from Inghams this morning... have now changed to a Wednesday flight with Thomas Cook, flying from Manchester on 28th Jan for 14 nights.

They confirmed that they only have the following seat numbers available:

Wednesday 21st Man to Cal - 119 seats as of 11.45 today
Wednesday 28th Man to Cal - 112 seats as of 11.45 today

I would recommend all those who need to change do it as quickly as possible because I asked if they had enough seats to cover what they had originally sold, they declined to comment and said to book as soon as possible to avoid dissappointment!
ski holidays
smudger, VolklAttivaS5, mark handford, After being first to break the news about the wendnesday flights with Thomas Cook, it seems I am the last to receive confirmation by letter. Puzzled Got it this morning. My flight is out is 9.15 also,so it seems no lie in for me that day.Sad
I think Inghams have done a pretty good Job in the circumstances, offeting 14 days at no extra cost to those who had booked 10 and £40.00 discount, to those who want to change Holidays due to the change in flight times. Getting exited now!! Can't wait Laughing snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy