Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quiksilver's $400million hit!

Poster: A snowHead
Quiksilver bought Rossignol for $560 million 3 years ago. Just sold it for $147 million. Makes those Carradan skis seem very cheap at $19,000 a pair. Here's the release...

Huntington Beach, Calif. Quiksilver, Inc., said today that it has received a binding offer from Chartreuse & Mont Blanc to buy the Rossignol Group for 100 million euros ($147.2 million).

The sports-apparel company said that Chartreuse & Mont Blanc is headed by Bruno Cercley, who is a former chief executive officer of Rossignol. The deal, expected to close in the fall, includes the Rossignol, Dynastar, Look and Lange brands of winter sports equipment and apparel.

Robert B. McKnight, Jr., Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive and President of Quiksilver, Inc., commented, "This offer is a compelling transaction for Quiksilver and represents the culmination of a thorough sale process. Once completed, we can fully concentrate our efforts on our core apparel and footwear brands Quiksilver, Roxy and DC."

Quiksilver paid $560.8 million for Rossignol three years ago, but put the unit up for sale this year after becoming disappointed with its foray into hardgoods and the winter market. Quiksilver expects the transaction to close in fall 2008 and said it plans to use sale proceeds to pay down debt.
Chartreuse & Mont Blanc is majority owned by Macquarie Group, and has a non-voting minority interest by Jarden Corp, the parent company of K2 and Volkl.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh, no more Roxy ski's then... Sad Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was in Huntington Beach last week and I can't imagine anywhere less winter sports-like. An expensive lesson in business for the surf dudes of Orange County, CA.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, there is skiing less than 2 hours' drive from Huntingdon Beach and direct flights from Orange County airport to SLC

That said, for some reason I am quite happy that Dynastar is back in French hands (kind of - Macquarie are Australian aren't they?)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, yes, it's a bank that has diversified to be an industrial conglomerate. I think its share price has been under considerable pressure lately.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm Rossignol, sister company of the M6 toll road and the Isle of Wight ferry IIRC .....the glamour of the ski industry wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, and manafacturers of toilet paper dispenser's as well!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perhaps they saw a gap in the market for newbie users of their skis....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dynastar still have a factory & head office in Sallanches - which is just a hop skip and jump from Chamonix.
They pride themselves on being a true French ski firm (unlike Salomon who now apparently produce in Romania?)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno wrote:
rob@rar, there is skiing less than 2 hours' drive from Huntingdon Beach

Difficult to imagine in the heat of the summer there, although there are some reasonable size hills in the distance. Where is the nearest skiing? Felt like it would be a nice place to live, especially if there is weekend skiing nearby Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skiing near Huntington Beach is in the San Bernadino mnts- not snow sure at all and can be very crowded on the weekends with short verticle. I grew up in So Cal and only went skiing there a handful of times prefering Utah (or Tahoe or CO) much more. From what I understand, some of the local areas of geared more towards the terrrain park, which is probably a good move...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the awesomeness that is www.bearmountain.com
not been but i am sure it is better than a snowdome and i think there are a few other hills nearby
i agree with you. my company's head office is in newport beach and it has crossed my mind to go for a relocation at some point
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, as a friend commented, "if you're there, it's skiing, but it's not worth going there for the skiing".
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, that's probably right.
the friday evening flights to SLC from orange county are, however, a very handy option
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
speaking of great business performance merril lynch has in the last 18 months lost a 1/4 of everything they have made since 71 when they were first listed.. inflation adjusted.. brilliant!
latest report
CANV CANVINGTON, Shocked
snow report
CANV CANVINGTON, quite impressive that all these financial institutions, who employ "experts" to predict future trends, have got it so badly wrong.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, if you predict what people want to hear you wil normally get a decade of good city pay being an 'expert'
snow report
merrils new boss, hired in jan to fix the mess, is getting paid 80 odd million bucks this year.. he will write everything off as worthless and take all hit up front.. then as the crunch comes to an end and the rubbish merril owns is sold at 30 cents in the dollar or whatever he will be hailed as the master of wall street.. its not rocket science wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy