Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels in Geneva?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any suggestions?

I've been asked to find a hotel in which to base a meeting of our customers/users for the first weekend in Jan 2009. They're vets, so looking for something nice but not too posh/pricey. Anything down by the lake fit the bill? Would expect something in the region of 30 (maybe up to 40 attendees including us), and would need a seminar room, maybe two.

Idea is to get the business over and done with ASAP and then head out to the slopes on a free day (or two).
snow report
 brian
brian
GrahamN,

I think this would be ideal ...

http://www.bon-rivage.ch/

with the slight caveat Embarassed that it's not actually in Geneva, it's along the lake between Montreux and Vevey, about 50 mins drive from the airport or get the train. Of course, you would be 50 mins closer to Verbier wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GrahamN - surely something in Chamonix would be more appropriate to your customers' needs?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton, you might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment! Surprising as it may seem, we do have some customers (and even staff) who DON'T SKI Shocked Shocked Shocked - we're clearly not choosy enough with either - so I guess the thinking is that it may be less offputting for those who don't if we're not actually in a ski resort. Also possibly may be a bit cheaper, and closer to main transport.

brian, looks nice, but I think if we're that far out of town we're just as well being in resort. And I was thinking of heading for day trips south round to Megeve, Flaine, Morzine or Cham rather than right round to Verbier, which may be a bit far (same with VdI Wink, even though the skiing there's great). Thanks though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GrahamN, Megeve would be a great choice, an attractive base for the misguided folk who don't ski. Only about an hour's drive from Geneva, and no heroic hill climbing required. Can't possibly suggest a hotel though (I've never even considered spending a night in a hotel in Megeve!). The tourist office would probably be able to help. I wouldn't take bunch of people including non skiers to Flaine. Chamonix would be good, too - even non skiers can enjoy looking at mountain peaks and glaciers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GrahamN, try the Movenpick which is near the airport but only one train stop from the lake.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy