Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The fuddy-duddy image

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nice one Masque, Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow! Now I've only read the first and last full pages (dial is too expensive to read the whole thing) but I'm astonished at the general level of feeling that has been displayed! I'm saying nothing because my feelings about the SCGB are unprintable anyway, so I've stayed off this until given the nod by snowskisnow yesterday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, it certainly stirred up a can of worms!!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why do people get so worked up? So far as I can see, SCGB does non-members no harm, so if you don't like it, don't join it. I am neutral about it; I joined for financial reasons and I'll leave if (when) it ceases to pay me to belong.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, and opened up a hornets nest!!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, actually (and nothing particularly about the SCGB) in general sports in Britain are run by well-meaning amateurs - when I was racing it was all ex services people with big moutaches. This isn't limited to ski-ing, but applies to many sports. Our general attitude to sport is still very amateur and it shows. When we, as a nation, start to take sport seriously we might get the results the press seem to think we merit.

Having said that, and while not wishing to stir up the hornets further, I don't think anyone (or any organisation) who are not actively involved in any competitive sport should have a say in the matter.

Incidentally at least we now get commentators who know what they're talking about. David Vine once said "he's carving well, staying OFF his edges"! Rock on John Clarke, Nick Fellows, Graham Bell et al. Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, now you're bringing back memories, David Vine, what did he know about skiing?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski wrote:
Well, actually (and nothing particularly about the SCGB) in general sports in Britain are run by well-meaning amateurs - when I was racing it was all ex services people with big moutaches. This isn't limited to ski-ing, but applies to many sports. Our general attitude to sport is still very amateur and it shows. When we, as a nation, start to take sport seriously we might get the results the press seem to think we merit.

Having said that, and while not wishing to stir up the hornets further, I don't think anyone (or any organisation) who are not actively involved in any competitive sport should have a say in the matter.

Incidentally at least we now get commentators who know what they're talking about. David Vine once said "he's carving well, staying OFF his edges"! Rock on John Clarke, Nick Fellows, Graham Bell et al. Little Angel

Who cares? For 99%+ of skiers, skiing is a recreation which they take more or less seriously and at which they are somewhere between crap and brilliant. Its not a serious competitive sport for most of us, and there is no reason why SCGB should expend significant resources on competitive skiing (although it should expend some). If people wish to indulge in serious competitive skiing, good for them; they have my admiration, but not my money.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy