Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone stayed in Stuben am Arlberg?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of taking wife and 3 kids to Stuben this year, primarilly because I am a St Anton/Lech addict and with times a bit tough just now, Stuben is working out at half the price to stay at Hotel Montana (Oberlech) where we've taken the kids last couple of years. I know the pros and cons of Stuben as I regularly ski there for lunch at Gasthof Stuben. Our youngest will be 5 and a second time skier so will be putting him in ski school. The older 2 will probably ski with us. Does anyone have experience of using the ski school there?

Need to get my Mooserwirt dose, as the boys trip to St Anton looking in doubt for me, so just trying to paint as good a picture for Stuben to the Mrs.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm an Arlberg addict and although I've never stayed in Stuben. there are some good runs there - and it has always seemed fairly quiet. Zug looks nice too. I think SkiWorld have chalets there. I've always thought the Filomena apartments in Lech look good (had a nose around one day).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FYI booked 4 star hotel - Hubertushof in Stuben. Looks pretty decent and a fraction of the price for St Anton or Lech
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi Boabaski
Never skiied in that area yet but I've been thinking of a Stuben trip for some time and just looked at that hotel - looks great.
What are the pros/cons of Stuben?
cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
patrick318 wrote:
hi Boabaski
Never skiied in that area yet but I've been thinking of a Stuben trip for some time and just looked at that hotel - looks great.
What are the pros/cons of Stuben?
cheers

Hi Patrick
Don't know if you have ever skied St Anton etc before or not but here are what I think of Stuben.
Pluses of Stuben - lovely village in stunning setting, cracking restaurants for lunch (and would therefore assume dinner), quiet, close to St Anton (10 mins) and you can ski to St Anton from Stuben and vice versa, amazing powder if that's your thing. 2 cracking runs into Stuben (one around 7km), 5 mins to Zurs and 10 mins to Lech by taxi. Train station (Langen) only a couple of minutes away. Cheaper accomodation that surrounding area/resorts.
Minuses - quiet and nothing but hotels and guesthouses (only 1 sportshop I think). Only 2 runs into village and I would assume no nightlife at all - but then again St Anton is only 10 mins away.

I'm taking my wife and 3 kids and so is my brother in law. My initial reservations were about my youngest (5) who started skiing this year - what would ski school be like etc. But the more I think about it the better I think it will be. As it is a quiet resort, the teacher to pupil ratio should be pretty good.

Anyway, hope this helps

Bob
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy