Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MK Friday 29th August

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone fancy meeting up on Friday morning? Butterfly & I are planning to be there from about 10 - 10.30am for a couple of hours' skiing then lunch. If anyone is around, do come & join us snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jo225, I'm on nights otherwise I would rolling eyes Have fun Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And I'm on days, otherwise I would have too Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
working in Stevenage at football beginning of Oct so trying a few cheeky hours there then, whats it like only every been to chill factore
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jase2472, wasn't good last Thursday when I went - too busy - but then again it was the afternoon. Most people will tell you that the mornings are so much better and really good fun.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman wrote:
jase2472, wasn't good last Thursday when I went - too busy - but then again it was the afternoon. Most people will tell you that the mornings are so much better and really good fun.

thats when i will hopefully be going
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds, RachelQ, shame you can't make it Sad

jase2472, as Specialman says, it's probably better in the mornings, & also better during school term-time, because there always seems to be a cordoned-off area for tobogganing in the holidays (regardless of whether anyone is using it...).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, we went and had fun, and to start with it was pretty good, because the whole of the right hand side (looking down from the top) was open & clear of obstacles except for one at the very top, but...

..very soon after that they blocked off the lower third or so and eventually a party of tobogganers turned up. After they went it remained closed with nobody on it until another group arrived as we were leaving.

.. the left hand slope had a maintentance vehicle at the top, so access to the top third was barred and the rest of it was littered with poorly protected "toys".

.. the snow got rather icy in places and suddenly they started up the snow cannons - what a blinking racket they make too as well as diminishing visibility and the sole effect of the new stuff seemed to be to create a very thin slippery carpet on top of the icy bits. rolling eyes

Here are a few pic links. (I have added a description to each.)

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As Butterfly says, there was rather too much 'slope furniture' around, & there was (again) an 'accident waiting to happen' rail (luckily, it didn't!). The usable slope area was probably half of the actual area, what with the closures & the fenced-off jumps etc. - if only they would charge accordingly!

Strangely, the snow cannons seemed to make the snow condition rather worse - I think this might have been why Specialman experienced bad conditions in the afternoon the other day...

However, we did still have a very enjoyable time! When we first arrived (@10.30am) the snow was lovely, & there was a whole slope on which to appreciate it for a little while Very Happy So don't be too put off - after all, the school holidays will be over soon, so no more fenced-off tobogganing areas...

And Butterfly looked very good on her new skis snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why am I not surprised? Plastic slopes are so much better value. I've only been to MK once (SH ski test, and we had a similar experience) and would never go to a snowdome again - appalling value - none IMO. When I went it was £30 for 3 hours. Gloucester you can ski all day for £16 and it's much quieter and they don't close off part of the slope Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, but does plastic feel the same to ski on? And doesn't it hurt like crazy if you slip over on it? I went to have a look at Sheffield dry slope and it looked in need of serious care & attention too.

I think the biggest problem yesterday was it being the Friday at the end of the school holidays so it was full of kids. First thing in the morning midweek during term time it's generally much quieter and cheaper too - on one occasion when I took my sister to Tamworth there were just the two of us for the first 20 mins and no obstacles at all.

BTW the skis are good! On my last run I managed to catch one on something near the bottom while negotiating the "toys" (I assume it was a hard lump of snow) and managed to spin round it, nearly a full 360 , but didn't fall over!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Looks like an accident waiting to happen Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle, somebody should tell them that their half-pipe is upside down!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Gloucester you can ski all day for £16

would you seriously ski all day on plastic? You say they are better value but lots of plastic slopes are rundown and in disrepair. I spent a bit of time at brentwood dry slope and i can tell you the number of injuries there was hugely greater than at MK even with all the pesky bright orange snowboarder grind pipes. I lost track of the number of snapped fingers and dislocated thumbs. got so i that i wont go on a dry slope as i feel they are dangerous.

If i was spending a tenner an hour im not sure i could last 1.6 hours on plastic and would much rather spend my £10 per hour to be on some snow.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michelle wrote:

I thought you had to be able to turn parallel at these places? (see great body turn above) Very Happy
ski holidays
Glycol leak from pipe at the top of the left-hand most slope looking up. Should be fixed soon. Otherwise, snow has been pretty good of late - overall much better over last 6 months than same period last year. More of an effort seems to be being made to keep one slope free of furniture but school hols always means more tobogganing sessions and more slopestyle.
latest report
Michelle wrote:

Michelle, I assume those aren't your poles as I'm sure I recollect you keep them in your pockets..... Laughing wink Razz
ski holidays
I was over at MK yesterday for 2 hours and the slope was in good condition, the top part by the left hand lift was closed but you could cross over by the 2nd support down.
Very quiet with most lessons happening on the nursery slope the main slope got a few more in the last half hour.
ski holidays
blakey, Nah, if you had to be able to turn parallel half of us would never get there Laughing Laughing You just need to be able to use the tow, link your turns and ski and stop in control, however you manage it snowHead
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
blakey, Nah, if you had to be able to turn parallel half of us would never get there Laughing Laughing You just need to be able to use the tow, link your turns and ski and stop in control, however you manage it snowHead

hahahaha Very Happy

i tried the manchester one, it was good to get the planks back on but such a let down on the slow speed of the lift and how short the run is!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy