Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowworld in Landgraaf, Holland

Poster: A snowHead
We stopped of with Jake in Landgraaf after a trip to Saas Fee, staying over night in the Hotel thats on site. The place is huge and pretty impressive, and being some 500m long with two main pistes and a permanent park. The slope doesn't seem to as steep as the UK domes, but the snow was in very good condition. The place was very cold -5 I could have done with an extra layer, (t shirt and jacket is always enough for at MK) There was a huge icey patch at the bottom of one of the slopes about 30m. This was due to the european race squads using that side of the slope.

Etiquette was poor with a bad standard of teaching, I don't think I saw an intstucter and it looked like a lot of people were self taught or taught buy their friends. From time to time I had to keep my cool, being knocked into on quite a few occassions.

Anyway I made a video of Jake, but you guys can see the size of the place from the video.

3 of us staying in the Hotel cost me 150 Euros for bed, breakfast and an evening meal, the lift pass was 22 Euros (I think) for 4 hours that included a discount for staying in the hotel. Jakes pass for the day was around 20 euros.

All in all a great day out, its arround 180 miles from Calais so it could be done in a day trip.

Here's the video http://video.mpora.com/watch/lHDLTGKm5/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for posting. It looks huge and well worth a visit, is it expensive ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks a cool place, is that the one thats near Maastricht as well?? I have heard of that one and it looks pretty impressive. Might have to get a trip down there one day Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had only been telling my parents about this place a couple of days ago, but I hadn't seen inside before - it is collossal in comparison with MK. I wonder if we could fill a coach and go from Harwich/Felixstone (can never remember which on the passenger ferries go from), or from Dover through the tunnel. My kids French class used to go to France through the tunnel with a coach from Chelmsford and with a full coach it only used to work out at £20 a ticket (though that was before the recent Diesel price hikes).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, if you organise it, I'll come (weekends only)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't mind looking into it when I get a few moments - just to see if its a possibility - I wonder how much a coach is? I guess I could ask Fords at Althorne for an estimate - I guess you can charter a coach to go on an ad hoc trip - I've never so much as got close to organising anything along these lines. If anyone here has more experience or runs a coach company I'd appreciate any pointers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welkom bij Holland Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
steve-terry, "the lift pass was 22 Euros (I think) for 4 hours that included a discount for staying in the hotel."

Even if that is discounted it seems very good value compared to Xscape at £29 for 2 hours Shock
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So who fancies a trip?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41739
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That looks great!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if the price is right, i'm interested Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Libertine, vote on the other thread Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It is indeed impressive.

I've been running weekend training sessions there for the last 2 summers. Having the hotel on site this year makes things much easier. CEM hasbeen on one of these.
As a group or ski team, they offer pretty good deals.

During the summer, half of one piste is water injected for race training but this still leaves a vast area for free skiing.

As for doing it as a daytrip, I wouldn't recommend it. It's only 3 hours form Calais but a day inside can be quite draining with no natural light, making the journey home a real chore. I would recommend at least an overnight stay.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Get a non skiing/ boarding person to drive back, staying the night does make sense, but then you'll want to ride the next day. Very Happy

Heres the link again.

http://video.mpora.com/watch/lHDLTGKm5/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone wants to know about Langraaf (photos , videos)

http://images.google.nl/images?hl=nl&q=Landgraaf%20SnowWorld&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

http://video.google.nl/videosearch?hl=nl&q=Landgraaf%20SnowWorld&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
ski holidays
I have just returned back from an overnight trip to Landgraaf (27th/28th).
Very impressive slope, makes MK seem like a nursery area. Snow condition excellent due to low temperature, much colder than I anticipated.

Great slope, good price, food reasonable, hotel comfortable worth a visit for a decent summer snow fix.

BUT BEWARE

Landgraaf ski hire do NOT adjust hire skis according to the DIN scale they just hand out skis.

The first day one of the kids I was with had skis with different din settings 4 and 6

The very pleasant and helpful member of staff imformed me due to the tight limits on staff numbers, they do not adjust bindings to the individual hirer of the skis.
There were not even screwdrivers readily available to adjust them myself.
To get the approximately correct din settings for the three kids I was with consisted of swapping of skis until found a pair with a more suitable DIN Puzzled

All the dry slopes and snow slopes in the UK and all hire shops abroad that I have used in the past ten years adjust the DIN to the individual skier I thought it was an European norm.
ski holidays
Dunk, that's unbelievable, and reckless, and dangerous. Shocked
snow conditions
Dunk wrote:
I have just returned back from an overnight trip to Landgraaf (27th/28th).
Very impressive slope, makes MK seem like a nursery area. Snow condition excellent due to low temperature, much colder than I anticipated.

Great slope, good price, food reasonable, hotel comfortable worth a visit for a decent summer snow fix.

BUT BEWARE

Landgraaf ski hire do NOT adjust hire skis according to the DIN scale they just hand out skis.

The first day one of the kids I was with had skis with different din settings 4 and 6

The very pleasant and helpful member of staff imformed me due to the tight limits on staff numbers, they do not adjust bindings to the individual hirer of the skis.
There were not even screwdrivers readily available to adjust them myself.
To get the approximately correct din settings for the three kids I was with consisted of swapping of skis until found a pair with a more suitable DIN Puzzled

All the dry slopes and snow slopes in the UK and all hire shops abroad that I have used in the past ten years adjust the DIN to the individual skier I thought it was an European norm.

You want to Ski or what?
snow report
stanton, sort the formatting out - otherwise the post is pants
snow conditions
stanton, I can ski, but some people without the experience I have, may hurt themselves by using UNSAFE equipment.

As I said great slope,

but beware!

I do not understand where you are coming from, unless you have a complete disregard for clients safety?
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, was annoying me too, so I sorted it Toofy Grin
snow conditions
In my humble opinion their hire equipment is rubbish, not well cared for and all.

Behaviour of people on the slope: extremely dangerous, and this was 'low season'
At peak times in winter apparently they have up to 1400 people in the hall Shocked

The hall itself is great, but there is room for improvement all around. The snow becomes very loose in some places, while an icy centre develops during the afternoon. Can't imagine what it will be like in high season....
snow conditions
Am probably going there in a couple of weeks. I can't figure out the pricing structure on their website at all!

Room for improvement there too, then!
snow report
Just back from there. No complaints. Very Happy
ski holidays
They're not responding to my emails about lessons and pricing. Sad
latest report
paulio, call them, they mostly speak good English
snow report
slikedges, yep, going to do just that 'real soon'.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy