Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Incredible air fares to US from UK

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx, tried clearing your cache and deleting your cookies?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, it's just let me in, and I haven't used expedia for years, so it must be some cookies.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, if i do that won't it mean that the cookies I want will be zapped as well?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, ok, got it. I just signed out then changed the suffix in teh browser bar. unfortunatley flights to seattle are $621
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx,

Random search gave me: LHR-SEA 15/1/09 - 29/1/09 from AU$339 Return inclusive of all taxes and fees = £158.-
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jeu-d-esprit, specific dates - March 7th Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx,

7/3/09 - 14/3/09 = from AU$383 Return inclusive of all taxes and fees
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jeu-d-esprit, Puzzled did you search through "flights" or "deals"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Geez folks, I'm not your local travel agent - got to do your homework and be creative !
rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jeu-d-esprit, Hmmmm,.... I give advice here, and answer questions, in the spirit they were asked. If it's too much trouble then sorry I asked Sad. I'm usually pretty good at tracking down a good deal, but you clearly know something that other folk doesn't.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx,

http://www.expedia.com.au/pub/agent.dll?qryt=2&tovr=-1294637292&ps3u=

Hope this helps - it's by random flight search.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 27-08-08 21:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jeu-d-esprit, Thanks. The price difference is on the time of day - I searched for mornign out and evening back. The flight times on teh cheapest deal may not connect for Kelowna, but I'll check it out.. Thanks again Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx,

Good luck and happy travels ! - Gotta go for now Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I called NWA today. My flight is confirmed , No worrys Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
could also try going to nwa.com as their site guarantees lowest NWA fares.
snow report
jeu-d-esprit, thanks for extra searching, I checked out NWA japan as your tip before booking LHR-DEN on the expedia-oz site as could only find MAN-DEN at 70,800 JPY. Total Price. No more 'rabbit hunting' I have booked already & don't want to see a more convenient option. Saying that I see JPY 38,310 Total Price on early DEC flights - could sneek a trip before christmas ! If you can be confident about snowfall.
ski holidays
MEfree30, Great info & thnks for offer of more guidance.
ski holidays
Yep, it was fun while it lasted but unfortunately the Aussie Expedia site has pulled all NWA flights as far as I can tell.

Hope there were a lot of lucky folks that acted promptly and got their desired tickets !

But in the meantime don't despair .... there is still Orbitz.com - with slightly higher prices, but still excellent deals - and the NWA/Japan website since I last checked.

Good luck to everyone that missed out ! Very Happy
snow report
just tried exact dates quoted and 4 others across the winter (midweek departures) on AU Exp site, and they all come up as AUD850 so looks like sold out! oh dear
ski holidays
From the NWA/JAP website:

"To book a flight reservation on this site, you must be a resident of Japan. Please login to your WorldPerks account by providing the information below. If this is your first visit to nwa.com Reservations, you will be prompted to complete a short registration."

Sad
ski holidays
TangoFiver,

Like I mentioned before you got to be creative : you just google a japanese address and continue as a guest: voilà - takes less than a minute !
Got a complete confirmed booking yesterday Very Happy
snow report
jeu-d-esprit wrote:
TangoFiver,

Like I mentioned before you got to be creative : you just google a japanese address and continue as a guest: voilà - takes less than a minute !
Got a complete confirmed booking yesterday Very Happy

People travelling to the US (Non Us Citiznes) have to provide home address etc which the airline then passes to the US government. Presumably you change the address later on the website. is there a charge?

How did you crack this?

Billing Address On Your Credit Card
(Card must be issued in Japan with a billing address in Japan)
latest report
stanton,

It's only meant as a billing address for payment with your CC.
My CC co. has not called (yet) Little Angel

As a future US visitor you'll have to provide all info in a separate e-Visa, starting Jan 09.
snow report
In a funny way I'm pleased the temptation of the cheap flights has been removed. Although I'd convinced myself a 4th trip this Winter wasn't going to happen to save some money I'd found found myself pricing a trip to Colorado and was wavering.
latest report
jeu-d-esprit wrote:
stanton,

It's only meant as a billing address for payment with your CC.
My CC co. has not called (yet) Little Angel

As a future US visitor you'll have to provide all info in a separate e-Visa, starting Jan 09.

Normally if the Billing Address is different from THe CC address ( Unless there is an option for different billing address which I cannot see on NWA Japan site) the transaction fails.
snow report
Irrelevant now, but Edinburgh JFK was £168 in March.
snow conditions
Mine got booked and ticketed at a very decent price and Expedia Oz now seem keen to email me to add things on. It was all over the web so presumably someone twigged that they were gving away fares without charging the fuel surcharge - perhaps this was a deliberate ploy by NWA to generate some cashflow?
snow conditions
fatbob, From what has been written here it looks like a 'Fare-loading' issue; given that it seems to be Expedia only it may well have been their 'boo-boo' ... who cares .. as long as you all opted for e-ticket then your gain ... snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As of last night low NWA fares still on Zuji.com and Orbitz.com Very Happy
Haven't checked yet this morning.
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
Mine got booked and ticketed at a very decent price and Expedia Oz now seem keen to email me to add things on. It was all over the web so presumably someone twigged that they were gving away fares without charging the fuel surcharge - perhaps this was a deliberate ploy by NWA to generate some cashflow?

I got a very nice deal via ozzy expedia LHR-LAX return for €163 all in Very Happy I double checked by phone but afterwards I saw the Airlines confirmation references on the Expedia confirmation & then checked via the Airline websites. All ok Very Happy
snow conditions
Still seems to be available on zuji.com, less than £200 return London to Denver in January (paid in Singapore Dollars). Damn I'm wavering again.
latest report
Colin B wrote:
Still seems to be available on zuji.com, less than £200 return London to Denver in January (paid in Singapore Dollars). Damn I'm wavering again.

I just booked another!! why not Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
stanton wrote:

Congrats ! - you're becoming very good and creative at it Laughing

Might become a LHR-cockroach myself with all my bookings and might bump into you ! wink
snow report
jeu-d-esprit wrote:
stanton wrote:

Congrats ! - you're becoming very good and creative at it Laughing

Might become a LHR-cockroach myself with all my bookings and might bump into you ! wink

I do try to avoid Heathrow with the disgusting unhygienic cockroach invested carpets and unclean bathroom facilities.

ITs still going to cost me more to get to Heathrow from Amsterdam than LHR to LAX !!
snow conditions
I had a call from Expedia Australia.

Air France cancelled the return trip to London. I asked what they were going to do about it?

No Problem, re-booked on a Fight back to Paris then another flight over to london still the same price but more Airmiles a win win win situation Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy