Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Offer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is the Salomon offer on the BASI website the only one we’re getting this year? I’m sure the offer’s normally arrived in the post by now.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, i talked to the Movement distibutor last month and he said they were going to be in the offer...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1, Is the BASI offer ever that good ? I find if you're happy with last years or older, you can usually do better elsewhere ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski, i agree one option is to just call up the distributors. I said i was basi and they would have given me the BASI offer level discount and one gave me a higher discount on a pair of ex demo skis.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski wrote:
beanie1, Is the BASI offer ever that good ?

Depends what you are looking for, and whether it's on offer. The BASI offer has XW Furys for about 60% of S&R price. The prices on softgoods are good too.

For years after K2 stopped participating officially, I'd ring them and they'd give me a decent deal when I mentioned BASI.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can anyone remember how much the avalanche transcievers were in last years offer?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I spoke to Basi the other day and they said that the offers would be in the next Basi news, which will be out sometime in September.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Late this year isn't it? Wonder if any skis i buy will arrive before start of Nov?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you guys really don't get it...[Basi as an organisation that is] i order my stock in febuary [december or january if i want race boots for summer camps] if the deal arrives with you guys in september you are purely relying on what the companies have in "free stock" ie stuff left over for retailers to top up with....it is no wonder that skis don't arrive til november or don't arrive at all...why don't BASI put the deal together in march the instructors order by May and guess what kit will arrive in September

the ski industry is small, it works on lead times and production runs, most companies have already started preparation if not production of next years kit about now, i know Atomic for one have just sent me an e mail telling me that there will be an overlap in production between 08 and 09 and some of my second delivery of boots will have a different finish on the clog as the moulds have been polished for the new 09 production Toofy Grin Toofy Grin no problem in my book

BASI get your house in order, instructors... please don't whinge when you can't get the stuff you want when you order it 4 months after the oder book closed Little Angel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
in addition i see a lot of the problem is the lack of synergy between BASI the suppliers and retailers

in my book we want to help instructors out as much as possible, we are in business though and need to pay ther rent, most retailers get greedy and want ot make full margin on selling anything so are not interested in helping out or being involved with the BASI deal.....point being if they did help out, it would mean that the instructor came into the shop got to know what the shop did and can refer people to the shop it is a big circle of everyone helping everyone

on the flip side a few years back we handleds a basi deal for one brand, we were one of 4 retailers in teh UK where you could call up, place your order with that brand and skis were shipped to the store for you, the problme came when the supplier delivered late or not at all, and the instructor blamed the shop for not having their skis as the shop had handled the order

there must be a way to make it work but it relys on everyone being fair and not one group being greedy and wanting more of the share

[/rant over] Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think skimottaret, summed it up. Most distributors will offer instructors deals. Best bet to call the distributors to see what stock they have left.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hey kiwi, does that iclude icelantic, vist and high society wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kiwi1 wrote:
I think skimottaret, summed it up. Most distributors will offer instructors deals. Best bet to call the distributors to see what stock they have left.

thats the point ...by now it is a case of what is left
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM wrote:
kiwi1 wrote:

thats the point ...by now it is a case of what is left

I agree. Most Distributor order books are closed in March, for September delivery, If you haven't got an order in by then, you'll just be lucky to get exactly what you want. I've found that if you call any distributor come November they'll be deals to be had, no matter who you are.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy