Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

INNBBRUCK AIRPORT TO FISS

Poster: A snowHead
Hello -

This December I will be going to FISS, landing at Innsbruck Airport I have basically 2 ways of getting there

Taxi from the Airport to Innsbruck Station - train to Landeck - Taxi from Landeck to FISS

or

Take a taxi direct from the airport to FISS

My question is has anyone done either of the above, and in their opinion which is the best method to use. I do not know exact costs I think by taxi direct it is about Euros 140.00
but I am trying to find out how much more expensive approximately this is than going by train to Landeck etc

Any suggestions from anyone who has done this trip welcome,

Regards

RR
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Innsbruck to Fiss is ca 56 miles, whereas Innsbruck to Landeck is ca 45 miles.

Looking at the ÖBB site a 2nd class ticket is 22.80 one way from Innsbruck train station to Landeck. However Innsbruck train station is ca 9 miles from Innsbruck airport so you would need a taxi at each end. I estimate it would cost around €85 using two taxis and a train but it would be more messing about and take longer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB wrote:
Innsbruck to Fiss is ca 56 miles, whereas Innsbruck to Landeck is ca 45 miles.

Looking at the ÖBB site a 2nd class ticket is 22.80 one way from Innsbruck train station to Landeck. However Innsbruck train station is ca 9 miles from Innsbruck airport so you would need a taxi at each end. I estimate it would cost around €85 using two taxis and a train but it would be more messing about and take longer.

Thanks DB - what you say is along the line of thought I have, I thought I would save about Euros 40.00 with all the fooling around with taxi - train - taxi - so looks like it will be out the airport into a cab. I could arrange for a taxi to collect me but never sure on plane arrivals.

Again thanks for the reply - cheers RR
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
redrooster wrote:
so looks like it will be out the airport into a cab. I could arrange for a taxi to collect me but never sure on plane arrivals.

Just give the taxi firm your flight number and program their number into your mobile. If there is a delay then ring them as soon as possible after landing. I've no doubt local Innsbruck taxi firms are used to flight delays and working around them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When I used to do airport taxis (in UK), I'd have the flight number, and ask, where possible, that the passengers sent me a text or called me as they were collecting their bags. I'd keep an eye on teletext....although several airports now have a text alert system where they will text you as the plane takes off, as it is on approach, as it touches down and as the bags are on the carousel.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You can use www.holiday-taxi.at Blush
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From airport to Innsbruck zentrum by bus. Train to Landeck. Bus from Landeck to Fiss. No taxi needed, total cost 15.90 euros. Double this for the return journey is 31.80.
Now consider your taxi cost, return 280 euros.
Public transport takes a smidge over 2 hours....taxi maybe an hour less.
That hour saved is going to cost you around 4 euros a minute.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Public transport takes a smidge over 2 hours

Is that really true all the time? Don't think so, at least not so towards the Arlberg, as there is not a train every hour
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Langerzug wrote:
Quote:

Public transport takes a smidge over 2 hours

Is that really true all the time? Don't think so, at least not so towards the Arlberg, as there is not a train every hour

Go check the OBB website for yourself then rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I did, and got confirmation.
3.02 hrs (e.g.), is not exactly a smidge over 2 hours is it? rolling eyes
And neither are you mentioning that it can also very well be that 3 times changing (one train, three different buses...is necessary).... rolling eyes Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Langerzug wrote:
Well I did, and got confirmation.
3.02 hrs (e.g.), is not exactly a smidge over 2 hours is it? rolling eyes
And neither are you mentioning that it can also very well be that 3 times changing (one train, three different buses...is necessary).... rolling eyes Shocked

Your insulting contradiction is barely worth a comment....however....

To clear up any doubt;

Details I entered, from Innsbruck Flughafen to Fiss Gemeindeamt via Landeck-Zams bahnhof.

Departure time 11am on Wed 16th Dec.

Answers:
Option 1
Depart 1115 arrive 1331
Bus F
Railjet 561/160
Bus 4236
Journey time 2:16

Option 2
Depart 1230 arrive 1453
Bus F
Railjet 662
Bus 4216
Bus 4236
Journey time 2:23

Option 3
Depart 1430 arrive 1636
Bus F
Rex 4388
Bus 4236
Journey time 2:16

There is one option where the journey time is 3:02 and this leaves at 0559, this early in the morning. But this is a bus/train/bus combination.
The longest option available is a duration of 8 hours 24 minutes departs at 22:44 and arrives 0708.

Clearly you were looking at maybe a different route or something?

My advice would be to make sure of your facts before posting and also to think carefully before contradicting someone who lives and works in Austria, otherwise you may end up looking a little foolish.

Now, where were we...

Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 9-12-15 23:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got to agree with mayr public transport makes good sense unless there is a family/group. Catching the bus is directly outside the train station in Landeck/Zams and is a sort of direct connection. All very easy. If you book early the Railjet tickets will be cheap too. Haven't checked but would there also be an option to go from airport to Vols? The faster trains may not stop there though?!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Millom wrote:
Got to agree with mayr public transport makes good sense unless there is a family/group.

+1

Will also repeat you don't need a taxi from the airport to train station in IBK - the bus F goes from right in front of the airport to right in front of the train station. Costs somewhere around €2-3 and takes 10-15 mins tops.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 9-12-15 21:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best to go public transport all the way or cab all the way.

30€ public transport, 150€ cab

Can't wait for my trip to Fiss in January... My favourite hotel in my favourite resort - that's a good combo snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have it your way.
But the "smidge over 2 hours" really is only applicable when your flight is arriving at that particular moment. Otherwise chances are fair (ooops, Meine Damen und Herren, the luggage is a bit later....) you'll have to wait up to an extra hour at the station. Making it easily 3,5, possibly 4 hours.
And having three changes with luggage and ski's...how nice is that?
Don't get me wrong: The taxi's are expensive. But we should not present the public transport-alternative too rosy either.
Oh, and the "I live in Austria".....my experience on that both in Austria (with Austrians) and in Holland (with fellow Dutchmen that is) is not very impressive.
latest report
@mayr, it may be a typo, but option 2 as you've listed actually takes 3:13 if it departs 12:30 and arrives 15:43 Puzzled
snow report
Lauka wrote:
@mayr, it may be a typo, but option 2 as you've listed actually takes 3:13 if it departs 12:30 and arrives 15:43 Puzzled

Thanks noted...updated. The journey time was correct Embarassed
snow report
Oh. a hissy fit on a thread which is 7 years old and has been resurrected by a spammer Laughing
snow report
@Langerzug,
Maybe the taxi has a puncture and the driver doesn't have a spare. rolling eyes
I just had 13 changes of transport Tues/Wed last week in around 43 hours of continuous travelling with all the gear to get home....one of my 3 flights was late, meaning I might not get home until the third day.....did I care?.....if I didn't like it I wouldn't do it.
If you wanna take a taxi fine, if you don't there are other options...maybe for the more adventurous though wink
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Oh. a hissy fit on a thread which is 7 years old and has been resurrected by a spammer Laughing

Glad you're paying attention wink

Where is the hissy fit? Puzzled
ski holidays
I thought @Langerzug was being a bit hissy, and you were a bit punchy
latest report
And now someone from Chelmers is havin a go!

Regular banter, but sometimes it's necessary to crack the whip Very Happy
ski holidays
@mayr, sounds like an exciting trip if it needed that much transportation! Where were you?
snow report
Quote:
Maybe the taxi has a puncture and the driver doesn't have a spare

From experience: all taxi's in Innsbruck are Turkish nowadays, so in case of a puncture the brother/father/cousin will be there within 10 minutes Laughing Laughing Laughing
(important lesson learned: don't book your Innsbruck taxi in Fiss/Ischgl/Lech etc; saves you up to 100 euro's per ride! both ways!)
snow report
I appreciated the information; once I bypassed all the banter.
latest report
jaksbak wrote:
I appreciated the information; once I bypassed all the banter.

That can take some doing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy