Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ex hire skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, im currently looking for my first pair of skis, preferably ex-hire or last seasons models to minimise cost. I've had a look at the different levels of skiing ability and would describe myself as level 6 ("Level Six skiers confidently make parallel turns on blue runs but do not ski many advanced trails. Level Six skiers use their poles to time turns. A Level Six skier is interested in learning to ski better on more challenging terrain.") I've had a look at some skis and want some that will help me progress easily in terms of technique but also still be challenging in a few years so i dont have to buy a new pair too quickly. I was looking and salomon x-wing 10's and a few others, but just wondered if anyone had any ideas on some good skis and where to get ex-hire or last seasons from? thanks, tom
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, I have a pair of Dynastar 4800s for sale, just the very thing! Laughing Laughing

Other than that I can be of no help at all, though my skis would suit your requirements and are in pretty much new condition.

A zillion other people will be along in a minute to offer you gratuitous advice and expensive alternative options.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lofty1988, Ex Hire skis are often not the best option as they have usually had a short but hard life and the ski tech will know how to make the bases look ok. Get s/h. The x wings would be fine but think about weeks skied rather than age, if you are unsure how to appraise the condition. Lizzard, `s 4800 would suit your ability but condition is everything. I once bought s/h some fisher RSJ`s which I loved but didnt survive the first base grind.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was at Snow & Rock (Chill Factore)the other day and they were selling last years stock off at about half price, forget the ex hire, there ex hire for a reason, give them a ring and see what they have, they will probably send them to your nearest store F.O.C.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies, I've just had a little look at some reviews online and the rossignol bandit B2's seem to really stand out, there doesnt seem to be a bad review against them, so I might see if I can find some second hand ones online. Do any of you happen to know of any good websites, or even have a pair to sell? (I usually go for 165 cm).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe try ski-bay on ebay he normallly has good ex demo skis
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lofty1988, you wont get too many good words about b2`s here except from me.
They are good skis and when they came out they were arguably the most popular ski for a couple of years. They are go anywhere skis, light, easy to turn and capable off piste. They get criticised for being a bit soft and unresponsive, and there are better skis around now but for your stated requirements, imho, they will be great. You might find 07 or 08 models still around new for bargain prices.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lofty1988, You wont go far wtong wiht a pair of xwing 10's to be honest a good all rounder that will give you plenty of room to grow into them and develop

If you are going ex rental or second hand just make sure the base and edges are in good condition without to many scapes or gouges! Happy shopping
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy