Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing in January for dirt cheap?

Poster: A snowHead
Chasseur, it's not so much your agent, as when you book. I booked this year's about a week before we went. Will do similar next season.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chasseur wrote:
Caspar, who's your normal agent? Best I've found so far for first week in Jan (09) in 3* CC is £365 inc f & t.

Incidentally, we did La Tania last Jan in a 3* CC for £370 inc f & t with Crystal. This Jan (09) same hol is £530!!

is that for single occupancy? or sharing?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops, sharing.

Caspar, sure, I understand that, but this year looking for some early deals/low deposits and spreading the cost out a bit more.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year I booked in November for a trip in mid january. Amount paid was £355.16 (including credit card handling fee) - for 2 people, with manchester flights and H/B accomodation in Courmayeur. Nice!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, £355 for 2 pax. That is not nice thats fantastic! Weld done!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, Who with?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chasseur, Fair play. Normally though, you don't get the real savings until really late. There were others in our chalet this year who couldn't resist telling me that they had booked about 4 weeks before the trip and had only paid about £360 per head. They were gutted when I told them how much we had paid (well they started it! Twisted Evil )
Obviously it's the luck of the draw if you leave it really late. I might have my work cut out for me this season as I think I'll have about 10 or 12 people to book for Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IT was with crystal, from the crystal website.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I phoned crystal the other day and they have stopped doing short breaks. Maybe selling them at that price explains why!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MIne was for a full week, not a short break.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oh for goodness sake. stung by the snowheads elite again. i get really upset constantly being picked apart on this site!!

so let me be completely upfront about the chalet i have now organised for january

i've spoken with a chalet owner in austria who is going to do a deal for MY group at £280 for the week 17th Jan. if you want to come - please PM me, if you don't then walk away. FLIGHTs are not include, neither is LIFT PASS, or SKI HIRE

i will also be offering one of the attendees the chance to win their accomodation for free.

so extra good deal for someone...

thanks for all your comments and "observations" but thanks to the people who stood up for me...

the price included flight and fully catered accommodation. now maybe i've been tainted by the high flight prices from scotland nearly £200 sometimes so that for me would make the chalet £330...I personally thought that sounded like a good deal for what looked a nice chalet - ((thankfully I have now been put in my place)). hence the question mark - it wasn't a statement - merely to find out if anyone else was interested...i'm sure they are fully put off now by all the negative comments.

PS i do NOTHING professionally - i work 35 hours a week - same as the rest of you in a dead end job with VERY low wages and i do this FOR FUN!! thank you VERY MUCH!!! the only thing i get out of it is a free place for myself - which I am giving away in the janaury trip as i WOULD like to run more trips - put down full deposits on chalets etc and look to grow the interest in the solo skiing thing but I really need to make it invest able.

Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen_sheba, you can't blame the scepticism.

I am a little confused on this, as putting together your last post and the first post on this thread I get that the chalet owner is in Austria, but the chalet is in La Tania, the accommodation costs £280, but if you add in the free flight, it comes to £530, but flights are not included?

Quote:
the only thing i get out of it is a free place for myself
Yes, you do give me the impression that you have a nice little initiative going, whereby you get together random people to fill a chalet and that covers the costs of your own week away. Was that the same thing for these adverts of yours?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=931466#931466
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=851289#851289
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=866300#866300
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=771923#771923
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=758093#758093
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=742732#742732
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=741760#741760
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=520874#520874
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=735563#735563
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen_sheba, maybe you provide a service which folk appreciate, but you are so not subtle about it!

If you do nothing professionally (and I appreciate that folk do stuff on the side) it's a bit OTT that you have TWO commercial websites in your sig!

Personally, I've got nothing against anyone trying to maximise opportunity, but TBH you only seem to post when you are pimping a trip.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, yes I must admit that I thought that it must take a fair amount of time out of a working week for someone to sort these trips out and all the random people that are "invited" onto them. I know I wouldn't have the time to sort it all out working full time unless I was up half the night. We know ourselves how much time it takes when we are looking for our usual ski holidays unless we book through a TO which takes a few minutes, but then again even with that you've got the research of different hotels, where to go blah blah.

I always thought queen_sheba's operation was an "offer to sort a trip out and get a free place herself and possibly make a bit on it as well" sort of set up to be honest so it's a lot to gain if it's 4-5 trips a season or something like that. I could be wrong though.
Quote:

Personally, I've got nothing against anyone trying to maximise opportunity, but TBH you only seem to post when you are pimping a trip

Yeah I'd agree with that too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't personally see any reason why somebody shouldn't get a group together and try to get themselves a free trip in the process but the discrepancies and confusion already pointed out, and other questions which occur, make it hard to have any confidence in this offer. Looking at the initial post, who are the flights with? Where to? Is catering included? Both the content and the tone of the "upfront" clarification are such as to just deepen any mistrust, rather than put doubts to rest. But they do certainly seem to confirm that there is nothing remotely "professional" about this operation. For myself, if I'm paying (one way or another) for an "expert" to arrange my ski holiday for me then I'd expect them to go about it in a professional manner, not to respond to perfectly reasonable questions and queries only after a long delay and in a petulant post sprinkled with "shouting" capital letters.

Crying or Very sad
latest report
pam w,
Quote:

I don't personally see any reason why somebody shouldn't get a group together and try to get themselves a free trip in the process

Neither do I, so long as they're upfront about that to start with, and not just when ranting (inconsistently) on the back foot. Thanks, Ray Zorro, for bothering to look up queen_sheba's post history, that was very illuminating. Sometimes I think sHs are too quick to condemn someone for spamming, but I usually find that the sceptics are right and I'm simply being naive!
snow report
I am confused with all this! I appreciate the Flights and transfers are extra, this seems normal to most independant chalet operators. But where is it? La Tania or Austria?

I was looking at doing something similar next year (2010). Hire a chalet for a few weeks of the season and giving it a dry run for later. I was hoping to pitch it at a different clientele.

Having a chef from the culinary olymics team looking after the food, decent guides (sorry hosts wink ) to take the customers around the area, possibly on a couple of weeks having a UIAGM guide this will be marketed for those wanting ski touring. All these cost money and will not be at the Panorama/Crystal end of the market.

We will be taking a couple of independant chalet holidays this year to see what customers are looking for etc. I doubt this will make me join the same league as Mark Warner but it will be fun and that is what I will get out of it.
snow conditions
Roy Hockley,
Quote:

But where is it? La Tania or Austria?

I think that's the point - there are various trips being (commercially) marketed simultaneously.
ski holidays
I'm looking for good deal for January right now but the cheapest I can find is around £350 for a B+B in Mayrhofen, I'm holding back for now as I've already been to Mayrhofen and I got a ski in/out half board hotel in Passo Tonale for £235 including insurance last year, no rush for me!
snow report
Roy Hockley, Hurtle, Maybe the chalet is in La Tania, but the owner lives in Austria.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, Ach So! wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy