Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

no more skiing this year... help !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, planned 2nd holiday has bitten the dust as 'financial prudence' kicks in.
no amount of persuasion from my mates will change my mind...I think.

So as it will be another 50 weeks until I go again, I ask what can i do to occupy my time or stop me thinking about snow.

1. snowheads - great forum...but i may have noticed a skiing theme which makes not thinking about skiing rather difficult Shocked
2. I guess I could put my boots and skis in the loft, but they look good sitting in the kitchen
3. stop watching freeze sports on sky, thinking, I could do that..hmmmm
4. drink Laughing
5. look at web cams - tha bane of my working life. do I really care about snow conditions in Cyprus. sadly yes !!
6. join a self help group. My names Andy, and I like snow.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andy.....snowHeads is a self help group.

I'm Elizabeth and I love snow Very Happy

Just embrace the fact that you've no hope of escaping it, dress up in your gear every day, and talk to us all here.

As they say...once a snowHead, always a snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Impending Fatherhood has curtailed my ski winter to one trip. Worse still I'm looking at baby care facilities when considering next season. Of course I can't wait for the chance to ski with my son or daughter and wife in the years ahead, but I do look back fondly to those drunken, womanising, shag and ski fests in the Alps.

Time for this old alley cat to grow old gracefully.

(surely I'll be allowed the odd lapse for old times sake?)

aaaaarrrrghhh!!! Bring on the self help group.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The SnowHeads forum (in previous guise) was a great help to me to get through those long days after last years Alpine excesses. The days of the multicoloured telletubby postings and such like did wonders for me. Madeye-Smiley

This year, my new Year trip fell through, and it looks like I wont get a second trip in March for many little reasons. Sad

So today I just booked a nice sailing holiday up for September. Laughing And went for the two week option rather than the more normal one week. So thats my 2nd ski week holiday allocated.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ken - trust me, it gets easier!!!

I have a 4yr old and had to miss two seasons, cos I was stupid enough to get pregnant in May and had my son in February..... bad planning. The following yr I was recovering from the expense of a new born and neither me nor him indoors could afford it - had he gone on his own, I would have sulked no end. We managed a week the following yr, sans child (good old grandparents). Last yr my mum was too ill (she has cancer and it came back so she couldnt have the monster child from planet Zog.) This yr we are off with the child in tow, his first holiday. He was 4 on Feb 21st and we have used the excuse of the holiday to get out of buying him loads of toys..bonus. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andy, thats what loans and banks are for. You only live once. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thinking about it, what about a summer holiday at a ski resort. They do exist. I think Kaprun in Austria (glacier) is open for summer skiing.......... well its a thought.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went over New Year and were going to be really cunning and get a cheap, late deal for Easter, not caring if we went or not - but we chickened out...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Me too, couldn't risk it, and booked flights and apartment (from scgb poster) in Serre Chevalier over Easter. Too good a deal to miss (my excuse anwa).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fruity wrote:
thinking about it, what about a summer holiday at a ski resort. They do exist. I think Kaprun in Austria (glacier) is open for summer skiing.......... well its a thought.

Go south! Lots o' skiing down under, whether New Zealand or South America...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The problem is ££££££££££ or $$$$$$$$$ to you Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fruity, 2 Alpes is great in the summer, much better than Tignes imo. Not only have you got the glacier, but there's loads to do for kids. I did an article for a mag a while back on the resort - take a look :

http://www.bonjourmagazine.com/articles/images/no19/48-50Les2Alpes.pdf

That particular visit was in the Autumn, and it's far more 'young people with kids' friendly in the summer. There's some great offers, it's rarely crowded, and it you contact Jeremy of the European Ski School (details in article) he'll help out with planning/skiing/accommodation arrangements.

Looking for a brilliant local English ski instructor? Contact Charlotte

www.easiski.com

- I took a 16 year old (alias Kevin from Harry Enfield & Chums) to 2 Alpes, bribed him to take a lesson with Charlotte, and he came back smiling for the first time in three years Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello Fruity,

You haven't convinced me that it gets easier. Although there is light at the end of the tunnel, just bought a baby monitor. After a test, its range reaches my local pub-fantastic.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ken Lingwood wrote:
Hello Fruity,

You haven't convinced me that it gets easier. Although there is light at the end of the tunnel, just bought a baby monitor. After a test, its range reaches my local pub-fantastic.

Yes but does it reach the top of the mountain?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeh, mine used to reach as far as my neighbours house......and she always had a well stocked drinks cabinet........

tee hee.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy