Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your Last Ever ski trip..........

Poster: A snowHead
You have done it all..... maybe you havent. Remember that fantastic powder or that awful slush. Was the sun in the right place, was the breeze so bitter..... did every move glide in the chosen path or could you just get nothing right???

You have one weks of skiing left.

Do you want to revisit past resorts to correct?
Do you want to revisit past resorts re-live?
Do you want to go somewhere that has escaped you?

Where would you go AND WHY??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
japan for me, new culture totally different to anything else in the world just looks awesome
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Russia. Same reasons as colors.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Himilayas in India, after watching the Ski Sunday programme earlier this year. Highest gondola in the world, untracked powder, stunning scenery and "taxi rides" surfing off the back of cars. Surely on every skier's/rider's once in a lifetime list.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Rosiere - I hear it is as close to heaven as you can get
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Watched a prog about Mica heli-skiing in Canada last night and that looked pretty impressive.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sorry, not willing to contemplate a last ever week of skiing. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guvnor wrote:
La Rosiere - I hear it is as close to heaven as you can get

Someone had to say it.

I was thinking Alaska but having seen Mike's post maybe heliskiing in the Kamchatka Peninsula would do it, after all if its your last week ever you might not be so concerned about airworthiness of ex soviet helis.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 15-08-08 10:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A week of clear weather flying in Valdez/Haines for true Big Mountain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:

me neither... that's depressing Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arv, I'd have to go with the same............or some time in Japan with unlimited powder runs. Either would be awesome!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alaska Heli ski (but at least 2 weeks so I didn't fret too much about days lost to bad weather. Or yes, Russia Heli sounds great too.
Failing Heli (perhaps I'd be wanting to get environmental Brownie points before the End!) I thought of La Grave - but it is getting a bit crowded so, so perhaps St Anton.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball, against the rules... ONE WEEK ONLY !!! I remember ski sunday when they raced against the slopes, that was pretty awesome
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If its my last week ever - I presume I have a fatal illness and the end of winter is coming - some nice edgy stuff around Cham...

...or if its that I'm on my last legs perhaps Sauze d'Oulx where I first strapped plank to foot, fuelled by huge quantities of unusually coloured cocktails at the Andy Capp!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowshine wrote:
Himilayas in India, after watching the Ski Sunday programme earlier this year. Highest gondola in the world, .

Not any more
World’s highest gondola lift opens in China
Thursday 14 August 2008
The new gondola has eight passenger cabins and reaches 4,843m above sea level, accessing the Aba Great Glacier in Sichuan province.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.asp?intStoryID=5849

I would just like the chance to go Heli sking. Anywhere. wink

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 28-08-08 15:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Libertine wrote:
snowball, against the rules... ONE WEEK ONLY !!!
I thought perhaps I might be allowed 7 days out of 14 (which is about what you get in Alaska, I gather).

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 15-08-08 22:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
too depressing for words...

I don't want to know when my last week of skiing is. Just let me know at the end of the last run Sad
snow report
I find the end of one week rather upsetting and distressing let alone the last week of skiing ever!
latest report
Tamworth. After a week there Hell won't seem so bad.
latest report
I have always thought I'd like to re-visit Crest Voland. It was the first place I ever skied in 1992 and then the place where I started skiing again in 2001.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother wrote:
too depressing for words...

I don't want to know when my last week of skiing is. Just let me know at the end of the last run Sad
ski holidays
I ski defensively all season hoping to survive for the next trip, until on the last day of each season I ski like a maniac and at my age it is is not unlikely it will be my last ski. Given a choice I would have a blue sky powder week in Lech skiing the White Ring. But... seeing I spend much of the time sunbathing at the bar at Petersboden I could still get some enjoyment in the mountains without skiing.
latest report
Quote:

I have always thought I'd like to re-visit Crest Voland. It was the first place I ever skied in 1992 and then the place where I started skiing again in 2001.

johnboy, a remarkably modest ambition compared to heli-skiing on K2 or whatever. You don't have to wait till you're nearly dead to go to Crest Voland, you know!
snow conditions
Specialman wrote:
pam w wrote:

me neither... that's depressing Smile

I'm with you guys. Someday we'll ski our last descent but thinking about it just leaves me very depressed to be honest.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy