Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2 charges?

Poster: A snowHead
I've st booked seats on a Jet2 flight (see previous post).

I've now got to pay an extra £35 for a ski bag.

With Easyjet your boots go free if you book a ski bag in.

Does the same apply with Jet2?

I can't find anything on their website that gives me an answer.

Cheers

Jack
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I see a few have viewed but no one has the answer.

Well, Ive now got it.

The robbing barstewards charge extra for boots!!!!!!!!!!!!

They add them to the weight of your hold luggage.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jumping Jack Flash, do you mean boots are included in your hold allowance? If so then they don't charge extra, but you can only take 1 pair of socks and a toothbrush as your luggage. If they really do regard them as extra weight (even if you are under on your main bag?) then that's very odd.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, They incude them in your weight allowance but this is reduced with Jet2 to 17KG's so there's not much room for anything else!

It looks like my ski bag is going to be full of jeans and t-shirts!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've taken skis in a ski bag and boots in one other bag with my clothing, paid the ski charge and I think that gives you 20kg extra so 17kg + 20kg TOTAL, split over 2 bags..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've never had a problem putting my boots in my luggage. Never been over the weight limit, even when going with Ryanair and having three bags for four of us (three pairs of boots too).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, Pixie clothes are quite small of course wink . actually I could get boots in my main bag and come in at the usual 20kg.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, but I am the only pixie in the family.

wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, but the rest are boys! They don't do clean clothes wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elizabeth B, no but their mother does.............. and I have to share the apartment with them .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am a girl, not a pixie, and I've come in under 15kilos with boots in a hard (heavy Evil or Very Mad ) suitcase. You just have to wear your ski jacket on the plane, decant all toiletries into mini bottles (or nick them when you stay in hotels Little Angel ) and be prepared to wash your undies Shocked .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi wrote:
I am a girl, not a pixie, and I've come in under 15kilos...: .

Oh come on, you are heavier than that!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, even with or without spare undies !! Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm happy to put up with even the craftily reduced weight of 17kgs butnow the cost is as much as BA then they really are taking the urine. However, BA don't fly to Chambery, so Iguess you can't really complain. I remember flying to Portugal in 1993 on a lads holiday after university and that cost £250, so these flights are still very cheap.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jumping Jack Flash, On jet2 you get a 20kg alllowance when you book your skis! fill your ski bag up with clothes, ski boots in your main luggage and you shouldnt go over. I usually fly jet2 Belfast to Barcelona to work the season in Andorra, and the most I have been over by is 5kg and thats with two pairs of skis in one bag!!
ski holidays
To continue the rant a little - how about more transparent pricing polocies from them.

Just booked for a trip in Jan. Logged onto the site and basic return price pings up at £39.98. Result!

Run through rest of booking proceedure, and after declining their insurance (which it auto includes unless you go through two fields to exclude) and deciding not to reserve a particular seat on either flight (which again is extra) the total bill is £151.26.

That makes it damn hard to compare prices online without running throught the entire booking process, and providing credit card and personal details, first.
snow report
I've flown Ryanair quite a few times for skiing. I usually put my ski boots in plastic carrier bags (separately), then I put them into my holdall on top of my clothes - meaning I am only taking one bag. I wear my ski jacket onto the plane. I've never had a problem.
snow report
You could always take them on as hand luggage unless the robbing Ba****ds have limited that to 1kg each.
It really annoys me that we now we have to put all our toiletries into our suitcase which makes it weigh more (used to take it as hand luggage) and then Jet2 reduce the weight allowance. It should be increased!
snow conditions
Similarly, does anyone know how it works with Zoom. Off to Whistler with them next year. They also carry skis for free. Does this include boots?
ski holidays
Drluvski, The website doesn't mention boots. you maybe should contact them to check.

"One item of sporting equipment per passenger will be carried free of charge. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: golf clubs, roller blades, fishing equipment, scuba equipment (providing the tanks are completely empty and the gauge reads zero), bicycles (tires deflated, handlebars turned in line with the frame, and the pedals either removed or turned inward), skateboards, boogie boards, skis, and water skis. There is an additional charge of of $100.00 CAD, $100.00 US, 80.00 Euros or 60.00 GBP each way for windsurfers (must be packed in the standard bags and the mast properly secured), kayaks, canoes, and surfboards. All sporting equipment must be properly packaged in protective bags or wrap. One item of either sporting equipment or musical equipment per passenger will be carried free of charge. "
snow report
holidayloverxx,
Thanks, will give them a call
ski holidays
Drluvski wrote:
Similarly, does anyone know how it works with Zoom. Off to Whistler with them next year. They also carry skis for free. Does this include boots?

Oh dear
snow report
Aaaargh. We booked with Jet2 to Verona in July, added 6 sports equipment. Only options are bike or golf clubs but on fromn t page of site it says skis, boards and golf clubs are £25, 20kg and 6' by 3'.

Now they say we have booked clubs and no more room for skis despite being allowed to take on board a set of golf clubs weighing 20kg and measuring 185cm by 102 cms. Insane. Having being arguing with them for 2 hours so far. Have suggested to them that I will stick a 5 iron in with my skis and write golf clubs on the bag. They are finally considering if they can change the split of golf clubs and skis. I suspect that there are no clubs going to Verona in January, but then again with this weather anything is possible. Anyone else had this prob.

Plan B at mo is since they have room for 2 ski bags, to put 3 sets in each roller bag and rebook 4 sets of golf clubs as normal 22kg bags and share these amongst the 6 of us.

And no, I didn't book this mess.

Anyone else come up against this?

If you book with no luggage then go back in and add it ski option pops up.
snow report
Ghost Dog wrote:
Aaaargh. We booked with Jet2 to Verona in July, added 6 sports equipment. Only options are bike or golf clubs but on fromn t page of site it says skis, boards and golf clubs are £25, 20kg and 6' by 3'.
And no, I didn't book this mess.

Anyone else come up against this?

If you book with no luggage then go back in and add it ski option pops up.

You do realise you've posted in an 8 year old moribund thread?

In my experience with Jet2 on, 3 occasions, it was academic how you booked your "sports equipment" because it didnt' travel with you anyway, particularly coming back when on the Chambery -Edinburgh flight everybody's skis clearly chose to have a few days sight seeing in Geneva and arrived home slightly p**sed via GVA-MAN or Leeds and a white van. Although going out, once, my skis were the only pair (of about 30) to arrive at Chambery.

This is why I now always travel EDI-GVA on easyjet (where the luggage calculator is very simple - you just get 20kg and a ski bag to add to your total and divvy up how you choose.
latest report
Only moribund until revived Smile

I do hope they don't lose our skis (clubs) as that will mean losing my boots/helmet/goggles/smalls/everything else.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy