Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys over Xmas this year .. maybe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

can someone offer me some advice on question below.

whats the snow fall like over xmas and new year at 3 valleys ?

thanks in advance.

James
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Madmonk, generally very good, last year was real fun with plenty of snow. Most of the runs into mottaret have snowmaking so will will get some skiing in come what may.

i had a cancellation and my place is available..

you still telemarking?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was awesome last year right from resort opening... Very Happy Powder partout..

2 years ago it was absolute cr@p.. Sad

Or it could be somewhere between the 2... Confused

Not very helpful I know...sorry
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
However, on an average over the last 10 years...not bad. You've always got the option to go high...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you go high it doesn't definitely mean good snow though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Madmonk, nobody knows, and anyone who thinks they know, doesn't. However, unless you are unlucky, there'll be a fair bit of skiable piste. if you are extra lucky, might be some skiable off piste. If it's too warm to make snow, you could have a nice time anyway provided you keep an open mind. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arv, Nooo, though if the start of the season is poor you're probably more likely to find some snow up high in Val Thorens than down in Le Praz...
But as pam w, says, it's anybodies guess...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Praz may have pastures as opposed to rock and may be covered easier, but I know what you mean in general!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm pretty sure even in bad years they've managed to get the Folyeres run open down to La Tania at 1300m, so worst case you'll be skiing artificial snow, but should have a fair bit to ski on.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We were in Meribel last Xmas and as the others have said the snow was very good, although it didnt snow for the entire Xmas week so by the end it was getting a bit tired. However if the snow fall is poor then there is a large snow cannon coverage (which is being further improved this summer) so you will be able to ski back to all of the resorts providing it is cold enough to run the cannons, here is the snow report from Xmas 2006 which should give you some indication of how much can be opened even with little snow fall.

Cheers,
Peter
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've skied in Courchevel for about 10 or 12 Christmases and the majority of the piste network has always been open above 1600m, even in relatively poor starts to the season snow-wise. Courchevel has an extensive snow cannon network and seems to be particularly good at snow management.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy