Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is BA still carrying skis/boards for free?

Poster: A snowHead
Are they?

Just booking flights for December but there's no part of the booking process that asks for the equipment, so take it that BA include carraige in the price?

Three of us are going to Val D'Isere in December. My mate usuyally packs everything into his rolling board bag, whereas me and the missus take a rolling board bag and a large duffel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes they are, you are ok with a ski bag and boot bag as part of your free allowance
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
quality. Just booked - £57 each to Geneva in early december, whcih i thought was pretty good value. It was the cheapest fare I could find and I quite like BA, despite them earning a gazillion quid every second!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Specialman, no they don't.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
surely it's a good thing if your airline of choice is profitable? they won't suddenly go bust while you are on holiday leaving you stranded and they might actually have a bit of spare cash washing around to lay something on in an emergency Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, at this precise moment the do not, but they have in the past and the will do in the future
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno, yes. rayscoops, maybe.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year flying to US they spouted something about having to pre book them in the hold this next year - don't know whether that was only long haul or whatever but expect some impractical policy before they realise that skiers fly with them because its less hassle than other airlines rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yep you are fine to take skis foc and you do not have to preebook them......at the moment.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nickster, Seconded. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specialman, if you want to meet up for a board I will be there in Tignes 29th Nov-6th Dec if that's any good. I'm the one who's broke her wrist though so I might not be much cop, only basic runs for me. I will be there with a load of skiers so it would be nice to meet up with some boarders if you're up for it.

Good price for your flights.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
VolklAttivaS5, we arrive on the 7th. Cheers for the kind offer though. Bet you're looking forward to it? I hope you get some snow then it'll be primed and ready for when I get there!!!! Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Specialman, ok no probs. I'm actually there until the 20th Dec, but am boarding the first week until 6th Dec (well, I suppose it depends on the conditions-if it's hard and icy then I'll ski if it's soft snow then I'll board) then from 6th-20th I'll be on a course so will be skiing and tricky to meet up then anyway, so that's why I suggested the first week earlier on.

I hope it dumps it down the first week like it did last year I was there. We had over a metre of snow in a few days as I recall. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flying both BA and Lufthansa recently after about 10 years of Ryanair and easyjet gave me a bit of a pleasant shock. AND both were cheaper on the routes I was doing than the budget operators.

I had completely forgotten how enjoyable & relaxing flying could be....reserved seats - so no scrum round the desk and speedy boarding shenanigans; free newspapers; free food and drink - so no "shall I or shan't I pay £9 for a sarnie and drink?" dilemma; no heavy selling of scratch cards and gifts; seats that actually reclined with storage space in the seatback; and super-attentive, helpful and almost overly polite cabin staff.

I know that we've got a lot to be thankful for with (some) low prices and a big choice of alpine routes via the budget operators - but it really did feel like a nostalgic return to the golden age of travel.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
VolklAttivaS5, We're in Tignes 30th Nov - 3rd Dec. On skis, not a tray though. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Spyderman, are you doing the Mountain Sun thing then? We can meet up I might not have the board on every day that week, depends on the conditions.
snow report
Hope your wrist is all good, VolklAttivaS5 Little Angel Good on you for not giving up on boarding with such an unlucky start.
latest report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Spyderman, are you doing the Mountain Sun thing then? We can meet up I might not have the board on every day that week, depends on the conditions.

Yes, arrive late Sunday night, leave Wednesday afternoon. Tignes opens fully on the 1st Dec, so hopefully they'll be enough snow.
snow report
Spyderman, I certainly hope so because I get there 29th Nov until 20th Dec. I think Espace Killy opens 29th Nov this year and last year when I got there on 1st Dec they had already had quite a bit of snow and the week I was there until 8th Dec I think a metre of snow fell over that week. Some lifts were closed due to avalanche risk but lack of snow was far from being a problem. Here's hoping for same again this year but perhaps best if it all comes down week before we get there so they can get it all ready Cool
latest report
Shallimus, thank you, that is most kind. Yeah it's alright, just itchy! Got a waterproof cast on now though so I can sit in the bath without having to hold my arm ridiculously in the air for the duration! My shoulder was beginning to ache doing that every day.
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, Fresh tracks it is then. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy