Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trains to Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After the last 6 or so years of driving approx 4 times a year to our apartment @ Ste Foy I am interested in trying the train. I have always been put off in the past by the cost for a family of 4. I have tried trial quotes on the SNCF web site for mid week return to Bourg. Leaving from Ebbsfleet to Bourg and back was €1004.00 for 2 adults and 2 teenagers yet leaving from Calais and back was only €574.00. I am almost tempted to park in Dover go as foot passengers to Calais and catch the train from there. Does anyone have any tips for the train?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fogliettaz,

If you can be relatively flexible of times I would have thought you could have gotten there and back for £150 per head.

I don't think any of my train trips have cost me more than that....but I always change in Paris from Ashford

You could try Ebbsfleet-Paris/Lille and then TGV to BSM and I would think £70 +£70 would be achievable ..as it was for me last year
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are a small number of tickets on each train that are about half price but to get them you probably need to book the day that tickets become available. Eurostar tend not to tell you about these unless prompted. The problem is that returns are from the day that the return ticket becomes available and on the most popular dates ( ie particularly saturdays in February) the cheap tickets for the journey out have been booked out by people going for a shorter time. Watch out too that during French holidays the French tickets become available earlier than normal. Both these things caught me out last year, booking for the last week of February. I had been told it would cost £59 for Eurostar and £67 for the French couchette and in fact it cost £99 and £127.50. Ask Rail Europe: 08705848848
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy