Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wrist guards: essential or just stupid?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
bertie bassett, www.alpsgear.co.uk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having started boarding in my 40's with no previous skiing experience, I guess I had a steep learning (falling?) curve. I started out using RED wristguards, but stopped using them as I seemed to fall on everying but the wrists (I still have them, size small, if anyone is interested)

DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
aviator, you gave up ??? Shocked I did 2 ribs in April on day 3 & carried on, there was no way I was wasting the trip I had looked forwards to ... 1000mg of paracetmol and I was flying !

Wow, I too have to question this. Especially if you only needed placebogesic to deal with the pain Shocked

I have always worn the armour plated underpants, which not only offer protection, but also mean that you can sit on icy cold snow in (relative) comfort. Still managed to crack my coccyx returning from off piste onto a very hard piste, in very poor visibilty Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . All my own fault. I survived on codeine phosphate and the now withdrawn Vioxx in industrial doses (rofecoxib - seemed to finish off people with dodgy hearts apparently, but was highly potent).

On the subject of medication, am recovering from shoulder surgery (thanks Mr motorist who was too impatient to wait 3 seconds for me to complete my bicycle manoeuvre, after all, your time is more important than my life..... Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad ). The surgeon put me on tramadol 100mg qds Shocked co-codamol 30/500 x2 qds Shocked and diclofenac 75mg b.d. Shocked Shocked . Feel pain?? I couldn't even feel my limbs! My GP was....impressed....when I went for a repeat Rx!

Just shows how we become more brittle with age - I rock climbed for 5 years in my late 20's (damn, that was tiring) and suffered no real traumatic injuries, because I bounced better!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy