Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez 13th Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to Alpe D 13th Dec. Got very good deal and trying to make the money go a bit further this year.

Did La Ros last Chrismas and had good snow (Only 1 week later). Know there is going to be a risk of poorer snow the earlier I go, but can anyone quantify the risk? Saving around £600.00 (per couple) by going Dec instead of Jan.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, I would think it is a better bet at L2A for snow sure skiing at that time of year, but ADH is not a bad option except upper slopes are the difficult ones and maybe where most of snow sure sking would be, whereas the lower easier slopes are the areas that might suffer if snow is scarce
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
do you need to book now? surely you'd be able to get a decent last minute deal in Dec or Jan?

you'd be unlucky not to have a decent amount of skiing available in Dec but it's questionable whether the whole domain would be open then - eg could see the sarenne being rocky if there hadn't been enough snowfall. can't remember if steep black runs are your thing but even if not, you can ski the glacier at ADH very happily if you take Marmottes 3 up and down
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As long as it's cold enough at night from early December then you should be ok as they have very extenstive snowmaking at ADH- i was there for xmas last year and the whole area was open with plenty of cover and thats only a week later. I'd think you'd have to be very unlucky not to have a reasonable amount of terrain to go at. Don't forget that you can ski LDA for a day too on your liftpass where a lot of the terrain is above 2700m-you can do a heli tranfer over there for about 25 quid as i remember (thats if its running that early that is) but book it as soon as you hit resort if you can as it books up fast(i'd imagine even more so if the conditions weren't great in ADH) or i think there is a bus or coach but i not sure how much that costs. Hope this helps anyway-how much is this deal gonna cost you if you don't mind me asking?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Atomic_Mick, actually, last season the heli-transfer to L2A was €63 per person. Maybe you did it when there was a better exchange rate!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy,

Or get along to Tignes with the rest of us, albeit a few days earlier and a few days less
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I never actually got round to going over as there was plenty in ADH for me in the end-it was only what i'd been told-as i come to think of it i thinkit was more like 50 euros i was told so about 35 quid at the time.

63 euros sounds a bit steep now to me-and if thats last year's price then i wouldn't be surprised if its more like 75-80 euro for this winter-not quite the bargain it used to be!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
EUR63 for that heli ride is not too bad. would cost more in a taxi and take 45-60mins versus a few minutes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, I guess it depends how many was going in the taxi though-and don't forget you've go to get there and then wait your turn from what i've been told so you could be actually waiting for anything between half an hour to 1-1/2 hours before you get the transfer.

I was just saying it's expensive now in general for a transfer to another resort-this season i'd imagine it will cost around 60 quid-thats a lot of money for a daytrip considering theres plenty to play on at your own resort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT,

Looked into it, but transfers weren't working our for us
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the bus is dirt cheap, and even though it takes a bit of time you just have to get to the bus stop at the right time and off you go. the heli trip maybe quick but it may also be cancelled because of weather, you also have to get to the heli port in good time (i.e. early - imagine missing your flight Shocked ) so it may be a few minutes in the air but the reality is that you have a bit of 'waiting' time i would have thought so it must be 30 mins 'door to door' when everything is considered. Good fun though as a treat !!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Atomic_Mick, that is a fair point. didn't know you had to queue up for the transfer. i've only ever used the heli to get back from some of the off piste runs. you can get delayed there if there are other groups or if the heli is taking someone to hospital in grenoble
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, I'm only going by hearsay-i think rayscoops, just about covers it and if money was no object then i'd deffinitely like to try the heli transfer as i'd imagine you'd get some spectacular views at the same time too.

Sorry johnboy, for hijacking your thread and wittering on about a heli tranfer i am yet to use! Razz
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Personally I would wait to december and book where the snow is. I'm sure you'll still find a good deal!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy