Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

50% off Oakleys

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.snowandrock.com/wednesdaywindow.aspx

Welcome to our Wednesday Window. This is your weekly chance to pick up a bargain at rock bottom prices. These are genuine discounts on end of line and discontinued items so we don’t have large quantities of them. The Wednesday Window will only be open for 24hrs and orders will be dealt with on a first come - first served basis.

On the 13th August we have 3 styles of Oakley sunglasses reduced. Half Jacket XLJ (top) in Black with a Transitions VR50 lens reduced from £139.99 to £70, Whisker Platinum (middle) also with a Transitions VR50 lens reduced from £169.99 to £85, and Women’s Grapevine (bottom) in Polished Black with a Black Iridium lens reduced from £99.99 to just £50.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What sort of risible spam was that?

Mind you, anyone who thinks £140 is a sensible price for a pair of sunnies deserves to be spammed. Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I choose to receive the Wednesday Window emails from snowandrock, so not spam!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski,

keep me posted for goggles, ta
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT wrote:
kitenski,

keep me posted for goggles, ta

They last did goggles in Sept....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=711900&highlight=wednesday+window#711900

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Can you imagine dropping a pair as you fiddle with them on a chairlift Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard wrote:
What sort of risible spam was that?

Mind you, anyone who thinks £140 is a sensible price for a pair of sunnies deserves to be spammed. Laughing

Do I feel silly with my £200 Juliets! Confused

In my defense, before that, I must have spent just as much on cheap ones I kept loosing or breaking...Since I have got those ones, the price was so steep I have handled them like gold and they have lasted for the last 4 years... And I am not planning on replacing them anytime soon... Great purchase IMV...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Always been happy with my Oakleys. Can be found for much less than those S&R starting prices though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's monday Confused
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yeh generally searching about makes them a bit cheaper. Lizzard shall I just post my email address online for everyone to spam as the owner of 4 pairs Embarassed Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Always been happy with my Oaks, some of the best optics out there. My skiing pair have stood me in good stead, bought in Aspen in'97 and still going strong having had a replacement arm and front frame now all F O C. over the years.

I can say that I ve got in total 5 pairs plus a pair of goggles Embarassed all bought over the years and never at full price Very Happy All still in great condition and hoping to last a number of years Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also if you sit on 'em Oakley will send you a new pair or at least fix the old ones/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
arv, yes.

You lot are all bonkers. rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, no. Oakley are actually cheaper than "designer" sunnies, are very well made, stand up to lots of abuse and have great optics, very little distorsion. Having tried other brands, i sometimes get head ackes if the optics are not really good. I really bought my first pair because a friend that sails a lot couldn't stop blabbing how great they are. I've a pair of Monster dogs, bougt to years ago in the US for 100 $. My previous pair lasted me 5 years. So spending 10-15 quid a year for high quality sunglasses is really much better than buying new crap ones every year/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another vote for Oakleys.
ski holidays
another vote from me, they last ages, have superb clarity and great customer service. My "cheap" pair cracked in the frame after owning them for 3 years , sent them back to Oakley who replaced the frame FOC.

As sugardaddy I have a 3 year old pair of Monster dogs used for skiing, kiting and MTBing and they are still in great shape!

regards,

Greg
latest report
Guys, what's the deal exactly with the FOC repairs?
I dropped my Juliets last may and scratched one of the lenses, in the corner luckily so I don't really notice it....
Would that qualify?
latest report
Oakley's Rock,

i trapped a pair in my car door, (dont ask how) broke the frame i was gutted, took them to the local bike shop who sent them back to oakley, and replaced the frame all free of charge.

imo that is awsome service, and i think they are well worth the money !

i have had the same oakleys for the last 15 years, until i left them in a mates car last year, and some one swiped them !!!!
snow report
Kruisler wrote:
Guys, what's the deal exactly with the FOC repairs?
I dropped my Juliets last may and scratched one of the lenses, in the corner luckily so I don't really notice it....
Would that qualify?

Scratched lenses are not covered, you can get a price for a new lens from customer services. Worth speaking/emailing them....

http://oakley.com/customer_service/worldwide_offices/unitedkingdom

http://oakley.com/customer_service/warranty_policy

Scratched lenses are not covered under Oakley’s warranty policy. Replacement lenses can either be purchased through your local Authorized Oakley Dealer, Oakley.com, or by calling toll free 1.800.403.7449

If your eyewear was purchased within the last three years and is now discontinued, you may be eligible for the Oakley Upgrade Program. Please call Oakley Customer Service at 1.800.431.1439.
ski holidays
Have been a proud owner for over 20 years, when I bought a pair of Iridium 'Frogskins' whilst on an AFCENT base one Christmas, for the grand sum of $15 - they weren't available in the UK at the time except by import, at a cost of over £100. Am now on my 5th pair, due to two pairs being stolen (one from a jacket, one from my car), and two pairs are still in use - some half jackets with 2 different lenses, purchased in Prague for best part of bog-all 5 years ago, and some square wires - can't remember where I bought them, but they weren't UK retail price.The other pair are a little too '80s' to be worn without a fartbag, and as such are saved for special retro occasions! I have had an arm replaced once on the Frogskins for no charge.

I would say that I have certainly had my moneys worth....
snow conditions
Bones, Exactly, the optics are what make the difference.
Someone asked me at the start of a race only on Sunday if my Oakleys were genuine, and someone else commented that you could tell with some bit of the frame or whatever. I said, just look through them, that's the best way to tell.

By the way, this place www.steptoes.co.uk/ have been good for replacement lenses.
latest report
kitenski, Jerry,

Thanks
latest report
Well I was considering a new pair of Oakley's and missed out on the offer but then I saw this in the Sunday Times www.grandprixlegends.com/oakley.

Many reasonably priced glasses but oh my word what an awful lot to choose from Shocked Is there any need for such a stock range?
snow report
halfhand, Most of the styles are functional and designed for different purposes, along with different lenses.

Theres also a lot missing from that list which have now been discontinued Shocked some of them are reasonabley priced though, or at least have a decent saving Smile
snow report
I think Oakleys are fab!!

Also I look after my good glasses and over the years spend less than buying lots of cheap ones.

1995 - Bought a pair of Oakley Razor Blades for ski-ing and cycling which I loved. Bought them in the US where they were cheaper. I retired them in 2001 whne they were beginning to look a bit out of place fashion wise.

2001 - Bought a pair of Smith Sliders which were great glasses. Bought them in the US so were a bit cheaper than here. These replaced the Razor Blades. A client bashed me on the head while I helped him get up after a fall on the slope and the Sliders smashed. This was in 2005. Smith weren't able to do anything to repair them. Wished they had been a pair of Oakleys!!

2005 - Replaced the Smiths Sliders with a pair of Oakley Half Jackets which are still going strong. Got four different lenses for various conditions.

So in 13 years, I've only bought three pairs of glasses for ski-ing and cycling. Lets face it, I was forced to replace the Smiths glasses.

I also have a pair of Oakley Square Wires that I wear for driving, going round and about, sunny holidays etc. Fantastic glasses!

In conclusion, Oakleys are superb! Great quality lenses and frames and amazing customer services (experienced it once!).
snow conditions
Lizzard, has the above convinced you to buy some Oakleys?
snow report
arv, I already have some, have had for the past 5 years (lost the previous pair). However, they cost 60€, not £200.
snow conditions
Bought mine in Namibia in 1999 and still going strong, the way i look at it is if you buy a cheap pair you are not bothered if you break them or loose them but spend a bit of money on them and you will look after them snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got a 10 year old pair of E-Wires still going strong (albeit now for driving). A year after I had them I managed to completely mangle to frames whilst totally smashed during a party, sent them back to Oakley and they re-jigged 'em FOC. Awesome Very Happy
latest report
Fantastic sunnies and goggles. Got five pairs for various things (1 pair of glasses for shooting, 1 for skiing, 1 for general wear and two different pairs of skiing goggles for different light - all five have different, equally fantastic, lenses which are best suited to their job).

Absolutely fantastic customer service, and have myself been lucky enough to be on the end of a FOC replacement after I smashed one of my pairs cartwheeling down an icy run a few years back. Worth every single penny - especially taking into account their service/repairs.
snow report
jase2472 wrote:
Bought mine in Namibia in 1999 and still going strong, the way i look at it is if you buy a cheap pair you are not bothered if you break them or loose them but spend a bit of money on them and you will look after them snowHead

That theory hasn't worked for my iPodTouch. Can't remember where I put that.
snow conditions
achilles, you've lost your iTouch?!
ski holidays
rob@rar, You were online at 4:00am ? Shocked
ski holidays
Guvnor, I think he's still in the USA Cool
latest report
jonm, USA? Can he pick me up some cheap Oakleys then? Cool
snow report
Guvnor wrote:
rob@rar, You were online at 4:00am ? Shocked
I was in LA when I posted that, but now I'm home. I looked in a couple of Oakley shops while I was out there and prices didn't seem brilliant, especially with the dollar climbing against the pound in the last week or so. It's a shame that Oakley do so little discounting on their prices.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy