Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Transfers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know if you can get transfers to SC from marseille airport?

I got one to Risoul previously which was pretty good. any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Libertine,there is usually a shuttle on a Saturday afternoon I think. Links are to last seasons info, but it should be similar.

http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Transport
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there is also an early morning snow train from marseille st charles station up to Briancon at weekends
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have got some flights to Marseille for half term but am unsure of which resort accesssile to Marseille. Any recomendations?

Went to Risoul last year and was going to go back again as its the first time I am taking kids skiing. Risoul would be great for kids but I have never been to the same resort twice and am thinking that I may regret going to the same place twice in a row. Want to get something booked up asap at a competitive rate.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Libertine, SC is about 45 minutes longer transfer than Risoul. If you are taking the kids with you ,SC is ideal for families, and the tranfer cost seems reasonable (30€ return I think)

Map of the Haute-Alpes is here http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Ski-Areas/Southern-Alps , Marseille is off the south-western corner of it. Position of some of the ski areas http://www.hautes-alpes.net/ski-neige/stations-alpes.html
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
many thanks helen.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, Arno, I really fancy SC but cannot seem to find any cheap self catering apartments for a family of 4 and close to a lift.... any recommendations?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Libertine, where have you been looking, and which village would you prefer.There;s one on here in Chantemerle http://www.serrechevalier.org/accommodation/ that a snowheads has used, and there are some on www.eurekaski.com/accommodation.htm in Monetier-les-Bains. Try on www.homelidays.com for reasonably priced privately owned apartments. The tourist office will also have some on their website.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Libertine, We booked through http://www.serrechevalier-reservation.com/index.php?lng=uk& last year. Got somewhere in Chantemerle quite cheap, it wasn't especially close to the lifts, but there is a ski depot to leave skis and boots only a few yards from the bottom of the piste and lifts.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Libertine, if you find something, and want to know how far from the lifts it is, just let me know.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, thanks Helen. I decided to go with Risoul as I wanted it booked and out the way and didnt really have the time to research as much as I would have liked. I do like the idea of knowing where everything is for first time skiing with kids as OH not a really confident skiier so think she'll also benefit. Did help that got 15% discount cause went there last year Very Happy .

Pleased with the price of trip working out at £2,200 for everything - accom, lift passes, flights, transfers, ski hire and lessons for 4ppl !

May do SC in March as really want to go there and can research it a bit more - its a lot easier when not worried about the kids and half term prices!!

Thanks all for your help.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Libertine, I can understand you wanting familiarity when you are taking the kdis with you. We were all beginners at the same time, and tended to go back to the same places as we knew what to expect, which is essential when you take ytour small kids out skiing and you aren't very confident yourself.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy