Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family resort that is relatively accessible from Venice Marco Polo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2 skiing adults and 4 kids (8,6,4,2) looking for a family friendly resort within a decent transfer of Venice Marco Polo - 3 kids for ski school and small one for something like a snow creche. Adults will be happy with any sort of skiing a long as kids are happy.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi ado, I guess you should be looking for something in the Dolomites. The main languages spoken there are Italian and German, but in the more visited resorts there is quite a bit of English, but it's not routinely spoken.
The resort with one of the easiest transfers to Venice is Arabba, I read that the local ski school takes kids from 2 years in it's kindergarten. The problem with Arabba maybe for the older kids as there are almost no easy runs to progress to after they master the nursery slope.
More family-oriented resorts can be found in the Alta Badia area: Corvara, Colfosco, La Villa and San Cassiano or in Val Gardena: Selva, Santa Cristina and Ortisei.
I learnt to ski in Selva as an adult, it has nice large, sunny, nursery slopes and I remember seeing tiny tots learning there but I've never visited with kids so can't offer any personal recommendations about the childcare aspect.
The whole area is very scenic and you will have a lovely winter holiday there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Civetta

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/civetta/home.athx?ccode=en-US
http://www.skicivetta.com/modules/news/index.php?lang=english
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would try Nassfeld in Carithia (S Austria) its a 2hr 20 min drive, has a much better snow record than the dolomites and is pretty much motorway all the way. Its a very family friendly resort where there is a lot of English spoken. Plenty of intermediate cruising and the NTC snowpark which is great for kids as they can try snowbikes, mountain boards etc. Scenery good, food good, nightlife good but not in your face, not as expenesive as many of the larger resorts for food and drink although the lift pass is pretty hefy at E180 ish, although there are good childrens discounts for passes. The eng website is nassfeld.at/en , hope this helps. Oh and do like the dolomites, but not with kids!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ado, there's a few suggestions to be going on with. The Civetta area (main resort Alleghe) is probably the closest Dolomite resort to Venice, the website shows Kindergarten facilities.

Nassfeld isn't so obvious as it's just inside Austria and more easily accessed from Klagenfurt or Trieste airports, but as JimSearle says good motorway link to Venice probably means it's easier to get to than most of the Dolomite resorts, which are often tucked up long valleys. Sounds like he's taken kids there too!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JimSearle, is the Nassfeld pass open in winter?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ado, have you found something you like?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I dont think so, usually fly to Klagenfurt or ljubljana so not an issue. We came from venice once and just went to villach on the motorway then hermagor. I think the nassfeld pass is circa 1500m and runs right next to the resort, i dont remember seein loads of traffic streaming through. Its a v nice bike ride in summer thou!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy