Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar Troublemaker 06/07 to replace my Fischer RX8 ? Help please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Probably a strange swap you may think. Let me explain.

The RX8's are the best thing I have ever skied on in ice but at 165cms I think they are too short for me. I am 6' and weigh 12 st, I find the RX8's a bit twitchy at speed.

As soon as I get on a 170 ski I can go faster, I know this isn't just perception because I can keep up with my son, on the 165's I can't.

So I have tried several other skis and the only thing I have liked was a pair of Rossignol Zenith 7R Carbon, 170. They had a rental binding, would that have made them stiffer ? Can't find them for sale cheap anywhere.

Now, I don't like spending my week's holiday testing different skis, so I am ready to buy without testing. And if I don't like them they will go on Ebay, as will the RX8's.

I ski mostly on piste but have had a few days playing on small kickers in the park - thought I'd ski the pipe just to get a feel for it but - twin-tips only.

I have been seen new 06/07 Dynastar Troublemakers in a 175cms, with PX Team JIB bindings, cheap.

My son has the previous model Troublemakers and he loves them.

What is the opinion of those who have skied them ? OK on piste, Ok at speed ? I think the JIB is an absorber sheet, could I put a riser plate on them and what difference would it make ?

And now I'm thinking maybe I should look a cheap pair of RX8's in 170, as you can see I need some help.

Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
micky, the trouble makers are a good all round twin tip, good for park/pipe and piste. Obviously they are not going ski anything like your RX8's, but will be good at speed and can turn easily in short and long turns. The JIB bindings are a good quality binding, but I wouldn't bother putting a riser plate on it, the skis are wide enough that you can get a good angle without the need for one.

If you want something that is a playful ski the troublemakers are good, if you want a ski that skis like your RX8, go for a piste performance ski. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Better still, have both.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone else tried Troublemakers, either 06/07, or 07/08 which I have just found on ebay.at (Austria).

Thanks,
Mike
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had 06/07. Great park ski, good in the bumps, reasonable compromise everywhere else.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy