Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d’Isere summer season finishes early due to hot weather

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Warm temperatures in Val d'Isere has led to an early end to the summer ski season. The lift company has closed everything down earlier than scheduled, because of high temperatures. At 2,000m, it reached 20 degrees Celcius and at 3,000m, 13 degrees, which is too warm to maintain quality snow conditions. The other two remaining French summer ski resorts - Les 2 Alpes and Tignes - are are aiming to stay open to the end of August....See: http://www.skiinfo.com/news/detail.jsp?aic=140077
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was a bit surprised to read this. I've been trolling round the Alps for about a week now and, on the whole, it's not been particularly hot for August. Until today, which is warm, I've not been too tempted to walk in shorts and yesterday having lunch overlooking the barrage de la Girotte, I felt the need for my fleece.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I rememebr it being 21 dec Celsius on the Tignes Glacier at the first EOSB - and that was in April!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied Tignes last week, crossing several small rivers on the way down the Grand Motte!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
it's certainly snowing up there today! April was warm but it was pretty cold in May/June. But I guess that as time goes on the summer skiing season is going to become shorter and shorter.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, Me too .. as the last few summers have gone seems to have been 'balmy'. Interesting what Davidof and easiski think ... it was snowing in June ....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
it's certainly snowing up there today! April was warm but it was pretty cold in May/June. But I guess that as time goes on the summer skiing season is going to become shorter and shorter.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Must say having not seen anything on the VdI website thought it wasn't even open this year!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Renry wrote:
pam w wrote:

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

LOL Toofy Grin ....9 out of 10 cats said their owners happily ingested all of the AGW hype tripe too. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I went over the top of the l'Iseran about 3 weeks ago in the morning and it was open. However the numbers of skiiers didn't warrant it to be open. There was hardly anyone there.

However when we went to Tignes there were loads of people on the same day skiing the glacier in the morning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy