Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time for the powers that be to shut Ryanair down?

Poster: A snowHead
Sage wrote:
...........Hound, that's a bit strong. ...

Maybe - and on reflection I am sorry if I upset you. However, as someone who frequently accompnaies a wheelchair passenger, I am acutely aware of real-world practicality of access to transport. It's getting better slowly, but there will always be practical difficulties. "The disabled have the same right to travel as the more able bodied" seemed more than a little superficial - and irritated.

Quote:
I quoted an article, with sources, in response to a comment about treating customers fairly, in what way do they not stand up to inspection?

Your 'source' was a Wikipedia article - so authoritative in itself that examination boards refuse to accept it. Even so, I ploughed on to 2 of the further references. It got worse. The first was a Daily Mail article rolling eyes Renowned for its clear objective journalism rolling eyes It stated tht Ryanair had said Servisair had not done their job - rough luck for the airline and passenger, then, and indeed Servisair had apologised. The couple received a voucher for £100 credit from Ryanair. They believed this was tantamount to the budget airline accepting responsibility for the incident. So if the airline did nothing it would have been mean - and if it forked out a sum ex-gratia it had accepted responsibility. rolling eyes MOL may not be a saint - but that episode did have the airline coming out as a rogue.

So let's look at another incident then - the blind people's party. According to The Lawyer the claim was based on the complainants not being mobility impaired simply because they were visually impaired, as all of them had sighted guides. Oh really? It would have been bad enough if an emergency evacuation had been declared. The thought of 9 visually-impaired people and their helpers impeding egress and so making things worse doesn't bare thinking about - for the as well as the other passengers and the flight attendants. Full marks to the crew. The case was settled out of court - so we do not know what the court's verdict would have been. Again, not a credible incident to point a finger at the airline.

As I work, and drop into sH only for a bit of gossip (except for skiing matters) I didn't follow up the rest of the stuff.

Quote:
I don't like the way Ryanair treat customers

Nor do I, actually, which is why I don't fly with them. But having followed up on 2 incidents in your 'source', I didn't think Ryanir had a case to answer this time round.

Think I have had enough of posting in this thread. Peace . Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
achilles, Peace OK, I think enough has been said on the subject. I'll be sticking to skiing threads from now on Very Happy

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ive never had a problem with Ryanair. Flowen to dublin loads of times.
On 7th Jan 2008 my brother and i flew Return to Salzburg for £35.00 each! My bro had to pay an extra £15.00 on the way out cos his bag was a bit heavy. That was it.

No problems. Maybe its when you fly to and from certain airports you have to be carefull.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Ryanair pizza analogy is interesting. Cheese being an extra on a pizza, you may find that that would be included in the price. Baggage, insurance, priority booking could be akin to peperoni, anchovies!!! For me personally i would save on your pizza as I dont eat cheese!!! Laughing

What is wrong is that you have to pay an extra to pay Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward wrote:
I go to my local pizza shop & buy a basic pizza for about £5, then i add on a couple of extra toppings at 65p each, then order a portion of chips at £1.60 and a can of coke at 75p = £8.65 delivery also costs extra.

What is the differance between my pizza shop and Ryan air offering a cheap price and lots of add ons?

Partly true...but I think the general feeling with Ryanair is that they advertise a pizza for £3 so you think "Great!"..You order one and when you finally get to the till, the attendant asks you for £6...
" It's because £3 was the ingredients price, we have now added £1 for the labour, £1 VAT and £1 because you are using a £10 bank note rather then the exact change"...

Ryanair are looking at fleet expansion again and calling Boeing and Airbus for cheaper planes and O'leary stated that he will buy from whoever is cheapest as fleet commonality is not so important now.
I wonder what Ryanair would think of the manufacturers if they sold bargain aircraft then started to charge $10000 a minute when repairs are required and they need to call the manufacturer for its advice/approval .... plus of course a $100000 admin fee and another fee depending on the method of payment.... Of course Boeing and Airbus could aslo suddenly cancel delivery of a plane because it suited them and offer minimal compensation (maybe a discount on the next payable admin fee...) or blame their suppliers when a part goes wrong and ask Mr O'Leary to deal directly with them...Customer service Ryanair's style which many airline are regularly guilty of TBH but which seems to be integral to Ryanair's business model.

No airlines is perfect and all have customer service horror stories, but, despite my untroubled experience with Ryanair, I still feel that even Easyjet gives me (its customers) more consideration... Hence I only fly Ryanair if I have got no other choice or if the price difference justifies it (which happened a lot but is now less and less true..)...

Call my views Ryanair hounding/bashing if you want
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooo. I know I said I would stop posting in this thread but....

Kruisler wrote:
....... I wonder what Ryanair would think of the manufacturers if they sold bargain aircraft then started to charge $10000 a minute when repairs are required and they need to call the manufacturer for its advice/approval .... plus of course a $100000 admin fee and another fee depending on the method of payment.... Of course Boeing and Airbus could aslo suddenly cancel delivery of a plane because it suited them and offer minimal compensation (maybe a discount on the next payable admin fee...) or blame their suppliers when a part goes wrong and ask Mr O'Leary to deal directly with them.........

From my experience of aircraft support contracts (with BAe and McDonnel Douglas - admittedly many years ago) that is pretty much what goes on. Madeye-Smiley

It's not like buying a car. Tight contract negotiation can help - but not entirely get round this.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe his (MO'L) background in GPA helps with this!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles, I didn't want to reply but I laughed as well. Airlines would delighted if it were that easy ( who but an aircraft manufacturer would think that selling an airframe without engines was sensible!) ... although Roy Hockley, is right given GPA's 'ownership' of a very high % of the world's civil aviation assets (over 50% at one stage) I reckon MO'L (as advised by Tony Ryan) knows more about this subject than most in the world, although I dont think he ever worked there or GECAS.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles,

I have to admit to not knowing exactly how support contracts pricing is sutructured so maybe my example was not a good one! Laughing
What I know from direct experience, i.e. family members being "on call" for ATR/Airbus is that when there was a problem they could be called a 3am in the morning and required to go to the office to certfiy repairs... That family member has done that for ATRs, Airbuses and Concorde (I have a few concorde used parts in my possession Cool and airlines do not take kindly to "delays" as you very likely know...

If instead of that the manufacturers had O'Leary's attitude towards his own customers I don't think he'd be best pleased...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
I love him more by the the day and he was right the the head of aer arann is a pompus baboon

While O'Leary is just a Baboon! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timmaah wrote:
I think that the people who have issues with Ryanair are naive.

"Oh noes! A business is being ruthless! Why don't they play nice and lose money!?"
"I'm paying a whole 80 quid for a flight when it said 60 quid, this is an outrage! But I'm going to keep flying with them because they're the cheapest out there."
"Their plane was 30 seconds late, this is a farce!"
"The lady didn't smile at me, I'm sueing them!"

Blaa blaaa blaaa.

Perhaps you should go back and actually read the complaints people are making! It's not naive, unless you believe in utterly unregulated capitalism where screwing people over day in day out is the accepted norm. Ryanair isn't just a ruthless business, it's a business that is out of control and seems to see itself above the law - time it was brought down to earth in terms of it's own self importance if not literally.

A business that cancels all flights to the airport your flying to for 2 days 30mins before departure, when you are flying for a specific purpose with pre-purchased event tickets for a 3 day event. No alternative offered, refunds refused, no alternative transport at short notice. Plane tickets wasted while the scum pocket the money, event tickets wasted. Whole trip ruined. While EU law gives some protection to airlines for cancellations outwith their control, being completely incompetent and unable to run an airline is not one of them!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kruisler, Hopefully not an integral part of a tyre!!!! wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre, Alas he can't count on Tony Ryan's advice any longer!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Winterhighland wrote:
While EU law gives some protection to airlines for cancellations outwith their control, being completely incompetent and unable to run an airline is not one of them!

I suspect EU law is on your side to get 250 Euro compensation. If you have no joy from Ryan air direct, I suggest go via MoneyClaimOnline.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=9367

2. Compensation

(The airline is not obliged to pay compensation if it can prove that the cancellation was caused by "extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken". Such extraordinary circumstances might occur "in cases of political instability, meteorological conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight concerned, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes that affect the operation of an operating air carrier".)

Length of flight Delay to destination Compensation due
Up to 1500km Up to 2 hours €125
Up to 1500km More than 2 hours €250
1500km to 3500km Up to 3 Hours €200
1500km to 3500km More than 3 hours €400
More than 3500km Up to 4 hours €300
More than 3500km More than 4 hours €600

regards,

Greg
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Roy Hockley, Oh .. I dont know. Reading this thread you might think MO'L was the devil himself .. so perhaps he's got a hotline ! wink
snow report
Roy Hockley wrote:
Kruisler, Hopefully not an integral part of a tyre!!!! wink

No but there is a metal strip I have misplaced...let me know if you've seen it ...
snow conditions
I know nothing!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy