Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

do people buy skis in the summer?

Poster: A snowHead
or do they only start looking again when the new season is upon us?

just asking for my own personal marketing purposes really Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
People should buy their skis in the summer as, for obvious reasons, they are on sale and you are likely to get more attention. If you go for a model that is only half way through its 2 year shelf life then there is no need to accept a non-current model. The vast majority are still sold through autumn and during winter though and, despite those who shop around online, I reckon most still accept the package price on offer. People seem to wait for Snow+Rock and Ellis Brigham catalogues, maybe read reviews in the mags and then buy. Many others don't do any of that and rely on the advice of the shop. There is virtually no research on this.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Summer is the best time to buy, cheap deals!!

I got my pair of Dobermann Spitfires about 2 months ago for £395 instead of £500. Definitely worth waiting the few extra months and picking up some good deals!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly, I bought skis last week. I think you should wait I don't "recon" wink you'll get that much for em especially at this time of year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm hoping to buy some for my wife when we go to Switzerland in 2 weeks time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Best time is near the end of the season when all the skiing equipment are on sale.

You can get the current models, not those several years back displaying in the summer sale, and still have the chance to try them out. For that I am afraid one has to shop in Europe, preferably in France.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes just picked up a pair lastweek at least 60% off Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had the bindings from another sale and bought skis in June for 400 versus 700 US will have them mounted and ready before OCT, now if I can get another freak OCT storm I could go skiing. We had one in '98 or '99, got administrative leave since the power was out, so we loaded up the vehicles and drove to a pass. We had a great day of paid powder skiing.

There is a shop here in Sandpoint ID (The Alpine Shop) with a rack of old/new staight skis for cheap for those preferring skis w/out sidecut.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sure people buy plenty to scratch the itch but if you're such a sad git as to be searching ski websites/retailers in August you generally expect a bargain (speaking as a sad git) wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought my skis for half price in April....lovely skis and very happy with them. It is not always about the latest models!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
People do. But if you're trying to SELL, summer isn't the time for the best price. Is that what you're asking? I can't tell...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abc, i suppose that's what i'm asking.

arv, i'm going to drop the price a bit - see if that works.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yesterday, I just received my Scott Neo with Marker 12.0 bindings from Ellis Brigham for £260. The skis alone were originally priced at £375.
Happy days.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Summer is when the bargain-hunters come out for sure. The only way you'll get top dollar for anything is if you have somehow acquired next-season stuff...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shallimus, i have Very Happy
snow report
Boredsurfin bought some skis for Juniorboredsurfin last summer and got a really good deal. Maybe that was because they were pink? Toofy Grin
latest report
I got a pair of '05 volkl p60s in good nick in July last year for £50 off ebay. A lot of ski for the money. I have them left out at my parents' place in Bulgaria. I picked up a pair of new '07/'08 Atomic SL12s with neox 412 bindings (mounted) from Germany in April. Worked out at £360 inc delivery for what are awesome skis. Germany is the best place for buy skis imo.

I'm not convinced the summer is the best time since all the good deals/common lnegths will have gone by then. Late march/april is better. Bulgaria is hilarious, can can buy brand new skiks from 2002. Manufacturers use it as a dumping ground for old stock.
snow conditions
Quote:
I'm not convinced the summer is the best time since all the good deals/common lnegths will have gone by then. Late march/april is better. Bulgaria is hilarious, can can buy brand new skiks from 2002. Manufacturers use it as a dumping ground for old stock.

I suspect that early autumn may also be feasible. Certainly a lot of old stock will have gone but if you know exactly the model and size you need it could be worth calling the bigger stores. I know that Ellis B and Snow and Rock have computerised inventory systems so even if the store nearest you does not have what you need, they can probably swiftly check online to see if any other stores have what you want and have them shipped to your nearest store for collection.
snow report
Now't wrong with a summer bargain snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Mouth wrote:
Boredsurfin bought some skis for Juniorboredsurfin last summer and got a really good deal. Maybe that was because they were pink? Toofy Grin

Pure Negotiation skills wink

and a quiet resort ski shop Toofy Grin
snow report
EB have now reduced their prices further and there seem to be real bargains. Not quite US prices but close enough to close the gap after the hastle factor is taken into account.
snow report
Best time. Not only for price.

Chance for me to demo something during the season and to get an informed opinion from the shop based on feedback they've received during the season.

A number of skis come out mid-season as has been mentioned. That's you best bet. Normally the only ting that changes is the top sheet.
snow conditions
I think in terms of trying to sell your premium product you may be better placed nearer the ski season
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy