Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere link to La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure this has been asked before but nmy search brought up 31000 answers !! Is the link between La Rosiere an La Thuile still a drag lift? This has always put me off going to either resort as I have heard bad things about it and my other half is a snowboarder (and would hate it). Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jan, yes, it wouldn't be possible to make it a chair lift as far as I remember , as it is too windy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jan, A fairly flat drag, but takes about 10 minutes. I think it is about 1.7km long. There is another similar drag after it, but we always ski down the the 2 high speed quads in that area.

Here is a pic Click to enlarge
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, sends a shiver down my spine - yuch !!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's pretty flat from what I remember, and saw a fair few boarders on it....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, I love that photo and know exactly the week you took that!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mmmmm - love the photo, might have to work on the other half. Thanks everybody
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm a boarder and have done both drags a number of times, had a few dodgy moments on the downward sections!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oh what a nightmare that drag lift is, takes an absolute age and if you fall off you have had it take you all week to get back to la thuile. stay in la thuile thats my advice
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its great fun................................ wink Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As Frosty the Snowman, says, its only 10 mins out of a 7 hours ski day. You only need to use it once a day
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ON a snowboard it is horrendous - seriously crap. ONly drag stars need apply!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I used it as a boarder and just got on with it. It is an essential lift to better things. Love the route down into La Thuile.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Honestly, this is a very easy drag lift, other than being very long. It is never steep, doesn't go very fast and the ping at the start is pretty mild. I've taken groups of boarders over there who had never used a drag lift before (we had a bit of a practise at the base of La Rosiere beforehand).

http://www.whiteroomchalet.com

Drag lifts are great anyway when they lead to good terrain. Natural selection at its purest... Twisted Evil
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Did it and it rates as one of those rather not do again things. I hate drags at the best of times and it truly is not for the nervous as you are in middle of the back of nowhere if you come off. Boarder friends had mantra of 'Boarding is a sideways sport' going through their heads as they went up it. But the trip to La Rosiere was nice and we had a day rather like the one in the pic, so concentrate on the lovely scenery! (Or in my case making damn sure I didn't catch an edge Shock
snow conditions
During half term week in Europes best resort we found that some of the shortest queues, fastest lifts and best short cuts around La Plagne involve draglifts Toofy Grin wink
Drag lifts are great, but T bars, they really are the devils work and there aren't any in La Plagne Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 7-08-08 21:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
(looks up "queue" in dictionary")
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, One day someone will send you via Bellecote at home time Toofy Grin Twisted Evil
Whilst taking a quick short themselves cut to avoid it!
snow conditions
boredsurfin, i would ignore you and use that short, steep drag on the left, half way down from the RdM and skip back into the PC bowl Very Happy wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Yep thats the obvious shortcut the tourists would use Toofy Grin wink
snow report
The drags to La Thuile aren't that bad (did it about nine or ten times). I was more concerned about some of the trips back to La Ros, clattering at high speed on that very long run that is often as hard as concrete. Catch an edge and you would be going home with several bits of you in plaster....
latest report
truffaut, you probably mean Choucas, which is long and usually has a high proportion of tired and not very skilful skiers at the end of the day. It can be avoided, just ski down to the Travasette from the Fort, either piste, they're both red and take the track from Travasette to Les Eucherts, at Les Eucherts take the chair up and ski back down Perdrix or cut across to Tetras to return to La Rosiere or jump on the shuttle bus at Les Eucherts. If you think Choucas is hard in winter try walking it in summer! For those La Rosiere fans out there there's good news about snow-making, there's a big development up at Combe de Moulins to extract water from our source before it goes to the EDF at Lac de Roselend. Apparently there is to be a future moratorium in France on snow-making in the Alps which will restrict resorts to existing capacity. Davidof probably has info on this, so the DSR (lift company) are setting up a significant operation in advance of the cut-off date, they are also ensuring that all water used is recyclable, no chemicals etc, so that will probably restrict snow-making to those times when the temps are low enough. From the view of the works last week it looks as if the pipes are going onto Marmottes, so with any luck Petit Bois will stay open longer. For FTS, no sign of any works on Fontaine Froide, although we did stop for a beer at the Vieux Chalet and were asked by the owner what we doing there in Summer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy