Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

loo stops geneva to bourg st maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sorry to ask such a basic question!

We are picking up my elderly parents from Geneva..
We dont usually use the motorway.... (go through Cruseilles and then Annecy) but I wondered if the motorway might have more "aires" and service stations for loo breaks.
via michelin is giving A401; D1201; A41; A43; A430 to Albertville. Do these motorways have regular loo possibilities??

Do folks think I am better off on the motorway or the other route?

Anyone any ideas on the N90?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayne durham, Good question! French peage motorways have aires with toilets every 20k's and service areas every 20k alternately. The aires generally seem to have the hole in the floor loo's and the service areas 'proper' toilet seats. In addition each Peage barrier has a toilet block but this is often a hole in the ground rather than toilet seats.
As you come up the valley from Albertville the major supermarkets have toilets and each town centre has public toilets.

It may be worth fiddling around with the maps on via michelin to see if they show toilets!
http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/Cartes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jayne durham, There is a service station on the A430 and one on the N90.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are ample opportunities on both the Motorway and alternative routes, even allowing for unforeseen emergencies Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jayne durham, if your mother is anything like my mother she'll not thank you for taking her to a toilet "a la Turque"; the old quads aren't strong enough and it's really hard not to pee on your trousers. If all else fails, stop for a civilised cup of coffee in a nice caff. Though travelling with my mother made me realise just how often in French caffs the toilets are down a steep flight of stairs with no handrail, where the light you push on at the top is timed to go off just as you hobble very slowly down. Warn her to memorise the position of the lightswitch for when it goes off in midstream, too! Even in restaurants some toilets are still holes in the ground; memorably on the Col du Joly we had to get special dispensation to go through the kitchen to the staff loo - my mother talked for years about giggling through the kitchen, on my arm, as the chef got on with frying his hot dogs. "Excusez-moi M'sieur, probleme d'equilibre...."
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
also worth remembering that bars and cafes are obliged to let you have a wee whether or not you are a customer. (Though it would be polite to buy something.)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, I didn't know that. What's the recommended form of words????????
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, 'ou se trouve les toilettes?' usually suffices.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you just march in, then march out, with a cheery wave and a "merci, au revoir"? I think I'd feel duty bound to buy a coffee, at any rate.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard wrote:
also worth remembering that bars and cafes are obliged to let you have a wee whether or not you are a customer. (Though it would be polite to buy something.)
Well don't try your luck in Austria! My mother in law would see you off, and no doubts wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steilhang, I was referring to France - if she finds herself in Austria while on the way from GVA to the Tarentaise, I'd say she has more to worry about than where to go for a wee.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, wasn't sure how good her navigational skills are Toofy Grin Anyway, I do think it's kind of bad manners to go and use a loo without paying your way. You should see the mess that my parents in law have to put up with sometimes Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone....
Trouble with stopping at a caff - is that then they'll want to wee again and we'll never get there!!...and we're picking them up at around 6pm so not sure what will still be open. But it is definitely a possibility.
Even a hole in the ground is welcome if you are desperate!! Sorry to introduce such a grim topic... but at least its not "which resort is snow sure in early December again eh!"
Maybe garages are a good idea?? Do they tend to all have loos even if I dont take the motorway?

Grey and miserable in Bourg today after a really sunny day yesterday... hope it cheers up for les parents
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jayne durham, Using the motorway is quicker, I wouldn't even use the D1201.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks for all the advice. We used the motorway and there were loads of places to stop.

Elderly parents seem to be really enjoying their mountain experience.... managed to drive up to Varet yesterday and get them up to the top of the Aiguille Rouge....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy