Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2008/09 season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yo yo, Me my bro and 2 mates are going to do a season this year. My bro has done one last year in mayrhoffen, Austria and i went out for a bit and decided i have to do the same, were thinking of going to France we've looked at Alpe D'huez, Tignes which both look great but were really not sure

we want: snow park(s), med/high altitude, lots of good piste and off piste and a good resort for working as chalet boys and going out in, were all aged 21/22 and have experience

any tips/advice on where to go would be great, any and job hunting tips too! thanks Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ADH snowpark is poor - look at 2Alpes instead if that's what you like. Both are significantly cheaper than Tignes. Jobhunting here: www.natives.co.uk
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I loved my time in Val Thorens (only a week, sadly). Several snow parks in 3 Valleys, although the Val T one is only adequate rather than excellent, but plenty of excellent piste, a good quantity of challenging off-piste (as well as some easier stuff for the likes of me) and some of the best snow in Europe: regular pow dumps when lower altitudes (i.e. everywhere else!) are putting up with second-hand snow.

Not sure about the working scene, although I imagine it can't be all that bad as there's plenty of chalets and bars, as well as a good international mix of people.

Still, you're probably a lot better off listening to people with actual saisonnaire experience, which sadly ain't me (yet).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
coppertallis, 2nd vote for Deux Alpes, judging from your post I would say it would suit you more than Tignes. The park is much better than most I have seen, and the nightlife isnt bad either !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and a third but then I would say that Little Angel wink

also welcome to snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, if you're still looking for accommodation, there's a HUGE house to let in Mont de Lans - four bedrooms and two garages. Big enough for you? Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, think of the parties ! all those chalet girls flocking to see your huge pad wink

Plus plenty of room for snowHead visits
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, got somewhere now, shame as that sounds fantastic. Didn't realise the season starts so early though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers guys the info is great, doing my research i've discovered Avoriaz which has the burton stash which looks mint plus a whole host of other stuff, but deux alpes looks cool to, also the 3 alpes (meribel,val T and courcheval) seems to be a very popular choice for many, is access to each other valley easy by snowboard? or would car/trains be easier?
thanks again
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IIRC when I was there in 2007 it was a boat that you needed to get from ValT to Meribel, you could fly from ValT to Courcheval too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
coppertallis, you mean the three valleys, and yes they are all linked piste. Whether or not access is 'easy' depends on how good a boarder you are.

If you're looking for tour op jobs though, you need to jobhunt first and decide on resorts when you see what you get offered. You might like Avoriaz, but if no-one wants to send you there it might make things difficult. It is also generally a BAD interview strategy to insist on a particular resort.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went to Val Thorens for my second week on a snowboard and had no trouble getting in and out of Meribel and the so-called 'fourth valley' (Orelle), although beware of sudden ice storms and high winds in the Orelle area. Very much worth a full day though as it has breathtaking views, plenty of great off-piste lines (which I wasn't good enough to take advantage of at the time), and very few visitors (except maybe on Saturdays?)

Between the main 3 Valleys isn't too hard really, just be aware that if you do get trapped by closing lifts (either too late in the day or too windy) you might be spending the night in another valley from your accomodation OR spending a couple of hundred Euros on a taxi to get back to base...

3V has treated me and many, many other people very well. I'm sure Lizzard's advice is what you want to be focusing on here, as I'm just adding 3V colour.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers guys thanks for the advice, i'm going to apply for jobs all over and see what turns up book my tickets and enjoy. maybe see some of you guys out there!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey if you go to Tignes and have a espace killy pass you get two parks to ride val and tignes. If you are looking for accomodation for the season try www.theangelsden.com they help people looking for apartments in Tignes. Have a GOOD ONE
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy