Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What will you do?

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, That's good, but does it mean you now have a £17500 excess when you claim. If you need a house boy for that second family ski Holiday let me know, I could easily and happily answer to the name Jeeves for a couple of weeks, by the way where are we going. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, sounds like a good policy. I think the Beaumonts may be doing the same.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, We have been doing the same thing, latest saving was on e mail we were paying 12.50 a month for one of the addressess now paying 1.99 a month for the lot.
Next big one to tackle is telephone line rental, it's so complicated. Lots of offers on call costs but very few offerering reduction in line rental.
Next month is also fill in the business rates appeal again as competition opened up a year ago 2 miles along the road, that should be worth another reduction in RV Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The dowturn is nothing new. It's been clearly coming for atleast 18 months.

By now, everyone should already have slashed thousands off their home, work, food and travel bills and have more than enough spare cash to take a vacation or two.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
simple just one ski holiday - all season why go home and come back it cost money to travel and after all a season lift pass is much cheaper than a fontnight, think of the savings not heating the house or driving to work!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, good stuff Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dbaskls wrote:
I'm thinking of going to Slovenia Puzzled

There is a lot of possibilities for skiing around Ljubljana. Please check these ski resorts:
KRVAVEC, 30 km from the apartment, http://www.rtc-krvavec.si/en/
STARI VRH, 39 km, http://www.stc-starivrh.si/
CERKNO, 55 km, http://www.ski-cerkno.com/?lng=eng
ZELENICA, 58 km, http://www.zelenica.si/
VOGEL, 75 km, http://www.vogel.si/
GLOTE, 75 km, http://www.golte.si/eng/
KOBLA, 76 km, http://www.bohinj.si/kobla/en/naprave.html
KRANJSKA GORA, 85 km, http://www.kr-gora.si/en/
ROGLA, 105 km, http://www.rogla.si/cgi-bin/cms.cgi?doc=12870&sid=jVeP9UQH1gx1ow8z
POHORJE, 126 km, www.pohorje.org
and if you are looking for the apartment in Ljubljana, email me.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I have always threstened not to take the kids again as they fight continually or want to stay in bed after paying for lift & kit - will save me a fortune as they always want new gear as well..

Spoiled brats! You're right, leave them at home. My kids and their cousins handed down gear - by which time a ski outfit had usually been worn 6 - 7 weeks maximum, before going to a charity shop (thin around the backside when they were little, from tobogganing without toboggans). A ski holiday is the only time that no 2 son, most definitely not a morning person, gets up early. When they got to the drinking age they made an early trip to the supermarket for a few bottles of Old Lady Gin and similar quality vodka, and mixers, and a few boxes of beers and no 2 son - a ladykiller - would then persuade the chalet girls to let him keep some in their fridges. As for buying them all lunches on the mountain we never did - they had pocket money for the week which would buy them chips and a beer/coke and I always took a large bag of mini choc bars and the things known in our family as Squirrel Sh*t Bars.

With this year's higher costs we shall have to think hard about the wisdom of driving back to the UK for the French school holidays. We might just have to stay the whole season and either put up with having to queue or go snowshoeing instead. snowHead Hardships. If I had bought my kids new gear every year, let alone lunches on the mountain, there's no way we would now be able to afford our own apartment. Kids don't have to cost a fortune, if you don't let them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whitegold, what planet are you on? Plenty of people don't earn thousands in the first place let alone have it available to 'slash' off their bills and then go on multiple holidays.

Mind you, it has to be said that almost everyone on here is at least comfortably off, if not actually wealthy, and they all whine far too much. (Cue onslaught of SUV-driving three-ski-trip-a-year label-addicted individuals protesting poverty. Laughing Laughing )
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lizzard,

When you say labels.... what labels..?

And are you always grumpy..?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard wrote:
Whitegold, Mind you, it has to be said that almost everyone on here is at least comfortably off, if not actually wealthy,

I am not wealthy by any means nor am I comfortable. In fact, I have to scrimp and save for any holiday (ski or otherwise) that I have.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd agree with Lizzard. Not having met any of you I can't properly judge but snowHeads screams middle class England at me for the most part.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

what labels..?

Those ones you see on ski gear which cost more than the kit itself.

And I am rarely grumpy these days (see those laughy things there?), I just think people on here have a rather skewed idea of what constitutes hard up.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
Petrol Diesel increasing in price rapidly
Gas going up 35% in some cases
Electric going up 9%
Food inflation hitting 21%
Pay rises 3%

So, will you

A) Trade down to self catering?
B) Hotel/Catered as usual but picnic lunch?
C) Forget this year's winter hols?
D) Drive rather than fly?
E) Self cater but eat out each night
F) Self cater picnic lunch and cook dinner each night drink duty free and supermarket beer?

G) Ski Bulgaria or Andorra?

F with an occasional E, but that's what we pretty much do all the time anyway.

Our 09 trips don't look any dearer than our 08 ones actually, except for the collapse in the exchange rate which will hit our pockets a little when we get there.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I just think people on here have a rather skewed idea of what constitutes hard up.

I agree.
snow report
Swirly wrote:
Quote:

I just think people on here have a rather skewed idea of what constitutes hard up.

I agree.

I also agree to some extent, I have a friend who has had 2-3 ski trips a year (since I introduced her to it about 8 years ago, it's all my fault wink ), but lives on £30 a week (after rent) for the rest of the year so she can afford the skiing. Even though she is extremely hard up, she still chooses to ski and live less comfortably for the rest of the year (gotta give her props).

We all make our own decisions about what may or may not be willing to sacrifice. I think it is just that for Snowheads, a higher than average enthusiasm for the activity equates to a higher likelihood of prioritising skiing over other things. I would think the number of people on snowHead who are truly in the position of my friend or worse, is probably relatively small.

Perhaps we should surmise that those who continue to ski the tougher financial climate, are the true die-hards, those who are willing to sacrifice everything else in pursuit of a trip to the fluffy white stuff snowHead !

D
snow conditions
Quote:

Perhaps we should surmise that those who continue to ski the tougher financial climate, are the true die-hards, those who are willing to sacrifice everything else in pursuit of a trip to the fluffy white stuff

or those sufficiently well off not to have to make any changes or sacrifices or choices at all.
latest report
pam w, " Squirrel Sh*t Bars. " That takes me back!
snow report
arv wrote:
I'd agree with Lizzard. Not having met any of you I can't properly judge but snowHeads screams middle class England at me for the most part.

I think you mean "middle England gaper fest" wink No offence to Scots/Irish/ non gapers
snow report
Deliaskis, l'm in full agreement with you, we all make decisions about what we're willing to sacrifice. l fully understand there are folks who despite radical scrimping and saving may only ski once or every other year, on the horizon due to cutbacks in my job this may be the case for me. Thing is l enjoy a struggle, brought up by my Grandmother who was still living with a ration book. Used to have a horse, and when you have a high maintenance one you eat beans or toast. Folks would not understand why l live the way l do so l can ski 3 times a year, if they'd known the full picture when l had my horse they'd have locked me up, ie washing at work so l didn't use electric on returning home, and beans are fine but l ate mine straight from the tin. With all the sacrifices big or small, l'm happy with the struggle, maybe happier ? One more thing l'm trailer trash, rent £25 a week. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
fatbob, so you want to see my quiver of daft hats? I have a rack and everything wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy