Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stepchild Sick Freestyle anyone???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bored the other day so went on ebay to find some mid-summer bargains and picked up a 159cm 2007 version of the above board for £30. Slight bit of damage to the base (nothing serious though, just a few nicks) but otherwise okay - anyone got one or ridden one?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman, no but I wish I'd seen that, I wouldn't mind a cheap board I could thrash down steps etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swirly, the guy said he'd used it for a month or so in New Zealand and had scraped the underside on a rock but had it PTEXed by a repair shop. Will receive it tomorrow so will report back then but I guess, with Stepchild boards getting the thumbs up from many folk, that it'll be okay for a thrash around at MK or even when i go away.

Now, what other bargains are there.... Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I doubt you can go wrong for £30
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone badmouth a Stepchild board, and it's popular in the urban jib/rail scene in Canada (as evidenced by number of stickers at the 2 sites I visited last week).

Let us know how you go with it Little Angel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Received it today. Few scratches on the bottom and the odd mark on the nose but nothing a quick session with the waxing iron and a scalpel won't sort out.

Ther guy's had some seriously big binding on it and there's a bit of stubborn gunk where the baseplate has been - reckon Cillit Bang will get that off, providing it doesn't eat the board away!! Smile

It's a bit like my Elan Paragon in the way it's medium flex but having a quick flex of it, seems poppy and will be good for the park. It's light too, much lighter than my Elan, so will be interesting to see how difference it makes to my park/rail riding.

For £30 it'll be great methinks Smile

Great graphics too: http://www.stepchildsnowboards.com/boards-sick.shtml
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dammit almost grabbed an ebay bargain yesterday, got my eye on a few atm.

Just slap a sticker over any dirt, should do the trick. Like I said you can't go wrong for £30, if it stinks you could probably sell it at a profit.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Despite the crappy conditions at MK (see my thread in the TRIPs section) the board performed great. I'd even go as far to say it's better than my much-loved Elan board. It's poppy off the tail but a bit flexy through the middle and catches the edge nicely for quick turns.

The guy who had it before has obviously de-tuned the edges for rail work, so I'll have to get busy with the edging tool to make it nice and shary for piste work. Good board thouygh and worth £30, even if it's only used indoor to save my other boards from being chipped to hell in the queue for the drag lift!!

Ebay bargains rock!!!! Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman, glad you found a board you like at such a great price, and thanks for the flex profile report Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy