Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glasgow parking

Poster: A snowHead
Could conceivably be connected with skiing as the same may apply to people flying from GLasgow on skiing holidays....

Anyway, we're off to Bonnie Scotchland on Holiday. The holiday in question includes transport from Glasgow onwards - so having driven up to Glasgow, what do we do with the car while we're away? We're probalby going to need accomodation on the ngiths either side of the trip as it's an early start and a late finish. I was thinkgin of trying to book some £19 travelodge rooms, if I'm not too late - has anyone left their car in a travelodge car park? Can anyone recommend anywhere in Glasgow to leave a car? Train is not really an option as we'll have bikes as well as luggage, and Sunday trains are not exactly an easy trip

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where does your 'transport from Glasgow onwards' go from?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, assuming that your onward transport will go from somewhere near Central Station, I'd suggest looking into using the brand new multi-storey in Jamaica Street (opposite Jury's Inn - call them, they use it). It is very secure and have left car in there a number of times all night. Otherwise, leave it out at the airport and get the bus into the centre (cheap, very frequent and pretty fast - I prefer it to taxis)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with Swiller.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobMcQ, The onward transport goes to the Northern Trail Centres: We're on a week's MTB holiday with these chaps:

http://www.scottishmountainbikeguides.com/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, I have stayed at the Ramada hotel by the airport the night before a flight. It's next door to the travel lodge and I left the car in there car park while on a 2 week holiday and had no trouble.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt, where do they pick you up from? If they are getting you in the city centre then it probably won't be practical to stay at the airport and vice versa.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 30-07-08 13:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt,

As RobMcQ asked it really depends on where in Glasgow you are departing from.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ah bum, I should really read things properly shouldn;t i? The short answer is, I'm not really sure! I'm guessing that the minibus will pick us up from wherever. Phil @ SMBG did suggest The Erskin Bridge Hotel

www.cosmopolitan-hotels.com.

but that's a bit more epxensive than the Travelodge!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt, if he recommended it then I guess he will pick you up from there as it is about 30 minutes into Ggw city centre from there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt, have you asked these guys who atre picking you up where they recommend you park?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's all a bit complicated - we're the guinea pigs for this trip. He did recommend that hotel due to the parking, but it's some way out - and he'll be going in anyway to pick up one other person I think
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could leave it in a 24 hour supermarket car park!!!!

Seriously, although I am from Glasgow, I can't help you on this one.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If they'll collect you from the Erskine Bridge, then it should be no problem to collect you from the airport. Probably best to drop your car in one of the cheap long stay options there.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd go for Erskine Bridge Hotel, you would probably be able to leave your car free of charge after a nice discussion with the Boss man.
snow conditions
nbt, He possibly suggested the Erskine Bridge Hotel as it's on his way up north, that is if you are going up the A82 to the West of Scotland. Best to see where else he is going on route - Erskine Hotel is not far from Glasgow Airport so any of the Airport suggestions above might suit.

snowHead
snow report
The nice people at travelodge said I can park in their carpark. £19 on the sunday before, £29 on the satrday after. bargin.

Trip wise, we're heading to Fort William first I think
ski holidays
nbt, Good to see you are sorted, hope the weather gets better before your trip - monsoon up here at the moment. Sad

snowHead
snow report
yeah hope it dries up for you-tropical downpour today.
ski holidays
I think the Ramada expects people to use the nearby long term parking lots, as does the TravelLodge. But I'd call ahead and ask before ruling it out.

I've never stayed there myself. But I've heard the Erskine Bridge Hotel described as past due for repairs and 'shabby'. But if you only need a roof and a bed... for two nights.

Edit to add: Forgot to say, I'd be interested to hear how the organized mountain biking trip went.
latest report
Fall Line Fanatic wrote:
I think the Ramada expects people to use the nearby long term parking lots, as does the TravelLodge. But I'd call ahead and ask before ruling it out.

I've never stayed there myself. But I've heard the Erskine Bridge Hotel described as past due for repairs and 'shabby'. But if you only need a roof and a bed... for two nights.

Edit to add: Forgot to say, I'd be interested to hear how the organized mountain biking trip went.

No, I've stayed at the Ramada and as long as you tell them when you book the car stays outside the hotel. Also stayed at the Erskine Bridge and "tired" would be a good description but it's still OK.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy