Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rolling the Dice - it's Les Carroz!

Poster: A snowHead
The forecast is looking good, and the webcam's showing nice grey clouds building up, so... Cool

Any good/bad experiences of Hotels and Restaurants (pizza!) in Les Carroz (near Flaine) or maybe Cluses? Not too bothered about number of stars, just cleanliness and comfortable beds!

Anyone been there recently?

Thanks very much...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was over there the weekend before last, not open at that time. And I'll be there this weekend. It's a great place to be if there's some fresh snow, loads of trees and some great slopes, very, very good in bad weather.

Can't help you with the accomodation though, we've a place of our own Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try Gill and Ian Back on snowbeds who are based in Les Carroz and have a very wide selection of appartments available for rent, and an English run hotel that you can fall onto the slopes from that looks OK - Hôtel Belles Pistes - we had a look around a couple of years back - just like a seaside B&B! Hôtel Bois de la Char is further up the mountain and looks good, although I've only been in the bar from the piste. There are a couple of more charming alpine hotels but beware Hôtel Les Airelles as it only serves Savoyarde specialities in its restaurant, and 6 nights of Fondue sounds more nightmare than holiday (literally).

Great resort though - check out their website
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I enjoyed a few days half-board in the Bois de la Char last January. I wouldn't hesitate to go again. It's in a quiet area. Ski in/out and some car parking. There is an expensive looking hotel next door.
The gondola is a good walk up from the town centre, although the ski bus network is ok.
I preferred the Les Carroz local skiing area to the Samoens/Morillon side of the mountain.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the Bois de la Char the one at the botton of a drag lift where the local club sets up gates etc ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes. It faces straight up the piste.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thought so, I have lunch there a lot but couldn't recall the name.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the replies guys - always useful to get a recommendation (or three) - we'll be at the Bois de la Char! Whether we'll actually be able to ski there remains to be seen but the snow is apparently starting to fall (so, back to the snow-dance everyone - nothing to see here, move along now please).

ise, if you're around - we're there from late tomorrow through Monday. Six of us; half dark-siders and half biped (though the proportion may vary).

Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've driven thru Cluses a few times and wouldn't be inclined to stop there unless I had to, albeit it's only half an hour from a number of ski resorts.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ian bloomfield, each to his own. Cluses is a nice little town with some good shops and restaurants. They've the Xmas lights up now and it all looks quite nice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This sitting on the fence is starting to hurt Confused I agreeian bloomfield, and ise, Driving through Cluses is fantastic this time of year when everything is covered in snow and the lights are on, but why go all the way over the the alps and stay in a place like Croyden (no offence Croyden!!!). Why not stay up in a resort especially if you are only there for a few days!!!

Confused possibly but jealous definately, I have to wait until the end of January Sad

Looks like snow is on the way so have fun.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I just booked Les Carroz for a weekend break later in the year, got in at the Hotel Arbaron. Anyone know anything about it?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
J2Dave wrote:

ise, if you're around - we're there from late tomorrow through Monday. Six of us; half dark-siders and half biped (though the proportion may vary).

Should be around, I'll be wearing a black Kjuss jacket with a pair of Zags with Ise written on them for easy id Very Happy I'll have the _Zags because we're going to be at least knee deep in powder.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ise wrote:
we're going to be at least knee deep in powder.

Here's hoping... be interested to see you demo the Zags - if you're knee deep on them I'll probably be up to my chest! snowHead Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
web cams don't look too bad after the snow last night at all, should be a reasonable weekend I think and not too busy hopefully.
latest report
ise wrote:
Should be around, I'll be wearing a black Kjuss jacket with a pair of Zags with Ise written on them for easy id Very Happy I'll have the _Zags because we're going to be at least knee deep in powder.

A skiing borrower? wink A refugee from Gulliver's Travels, perhaps? Very Happy
snow report
PG wrote:
ise wrote:

A skiing borrower? wink A refugee from Gulliver's Travels, perhaps? Very Happy

You've seen me ski, you know I'm a 6 foot tall wall of toned muscle Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy