Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are there any hotels that aren't half-board in Val D'Isere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to Val D'Isere twice last year and both times had to go half board. I prefer to go out at night and find somewhere to eat. Does anyone know of a place that just does the bed and breakfast option?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jumping Jack Flash,

This one does. Great location but I've not been personally mind you. With it being in the centre then all the restaurants won't be too far away either for your evening meal. Restaurant wise I had a lovely meal at the Canyon I think it was called, next to Precision Ski.

http://www.directline-skiing.co.uk/Hotel%20Christiana%20Deal
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh apparently Hotel Le Kern does as well. Just did a search on that directline skiing website. Again that one is in the centre I think.

Also Hotel Kandahar, Hotel Les Sorbiers so that should give you a few to consider.

As I said, I've not been to any of them so I don't know what they're like. I'd check out tripadvisor if I was you to see the reviews.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
VolklAttivaS5, Thanks very much for that!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
I went to Val D'Isere twice last year and both times had to go half board. I prefer to go out at night and find somewhere to eat. Does anyone know of a place that just does the bed and breakfast option?

If you prefer the flexibility to choose where you want to eat perhaps you could look at a self-catering apartment? You can choose whatever restaurant you want, plus have the option to eat in if that's more convenient on some evenings.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jumping Jack Flash, we have a service in Serre Chevalier that will provide you with a breakfast pack at the beginning of the week,so even in an apartment you don't have to worry too much. They also do evening meals, and a gourmet dinner with chef and waiting staff. Perhaps supplement it with fresh baguettes and croissants would be all you would need to do. I am sure Val d'Isere has something similar.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Kandahar is very nice but can be a little stuffy. The Sorbiers is great and Nelly is a lovelly hostess. The hotel is owned by a Japanese chap so watch out for the crazy revolving self cleaning toilet seats. For cjheaper try the Belier or Cretes Blanches or you could pm someone not too far from here wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've stayed at the Hotel Auberge Saint-Hubert before B&B - booked through the ValD tourist office.
It was cheap and cheerful - great location too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy