Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resort advice

Poster: A snowHead
sabraham,

Obertauern is a good call, it has approx the same red & blue runs as Obegurgl, but I'd still rate Obergurgl above it for your needs. Obergurgl is not as busy and its a quaint village as opposed to a roadside resort. I remember Obertauern having quite a few piste junctions (where pistes cross or join) and bottle necks. Remember a lot of Obertauern accomodation being ski in / ski out along the main stretch but there also being a fair few B&B's further down the road that required a bus journey to get to the lifts.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
erica2004 wrote:
Wise up - we're European and I like that.

The rest of the post is fair enough but... "we"? Just to clarify, what exactly am I "wising up" to, that there's a massive European bias on this site?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DaveC, Cool chill, lets keep it friendly now Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just seemed a bit of an odd end to quite a nice pro-european stance is all! Can't argue with what people prefer, just was a bit perplexed by the note it got left on...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DaveC, maybe erica2004 wrote: was feeling a bit uppity - it's the heat you know Laughing My excuse is nearly finished the second bottle of tesco red wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

My excuse is nearly finished the second bottle of tesco red wink

halfhand, your typing's not half bad, considering!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, am taking care and re-reading before I post - Hic! Oh dear best be off to bed nw - nite all Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DaveC, I always get the feeling that everyone makes such a big thing about Europe being 'busy'. I didn't mean to offend - the 'wise up' line doesn't come across as I'd intended. As you say, too much red wine.
So far I've booked 18th -23rd Jan to Lech (and will go before Christmas if the snow is good) and we've booked 22nd Feb for a week in Ischgl. We fly Easyjet from BRS to Innsbruck then get a taxi transfer. The EJ flight lands at 10.25am and we're usually in Lech by lunchtime.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
erica2004, dont post when under the influence!! wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

dont post when under the influence!

that advice, if adopted as a rule for Snowheads, might make a drastic difference to the number of posts. Would there be anything left to read??
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would hope so!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
well my experience of resorts here

Tignes - 1/3 place is ski in out. not bad price either, but val d'sere best for restaurants and shopping - not easy to get back from vds to tignes, we felt stranded waiting for the hourly bus.

St Anton - loads of ski in out, but neighbouring (not linked) resorts are ski in out (Lech, Zurs) St anton has everything but other two not much going for them, other downfall is that u'd have to catch the bus to those neighbouring resorts to benefit from the big place it is shown as on piste map - kinda defeats the object

La Plagne (all the plagne villages) are ski in out - it is very good there

Verbier - not ski in out

Chamonix - not ski in out

Whistler - if you get a good hotel/apartment location - you are laughing, not quite ski in out, but can be close to it

have fun sliding this winter...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
innerspaceservices wrote:

Tignes - 1/3 place is ski in out. not bad price either, but val d'sere best for restaurants and shopping - not easy to get back from vds to tignes, we felt stranded waiting for the hourly bus.

St Anton - loads of ski in out, but neighbouring (not linked) resorts are ski in out (Lech, Zurs) St anton has everything but other two not much going for them, other downfall is that u'd have to catch the bus to those neighbouring resorts to benefit from the big place it is shown as on piste map - kinda defeats the object

Verbier - not ski in out

Whistler - if you get a good hotel/apartment location - you are laughing, not quite ski in out, but can be close to it

Verbier is the only one of those I have been to, and it certainly can be ski in ski out.

My trip there, I stayed in a Skiworld chalet that was impossible to reach even without skis without crossing or walking up a piste. This was my very first ski trip Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

not easy to get back from vds to tignes, we felt stranded waiting for the hourly bus.

but you can ski from Val D'Isere to Tignes - did you miss the lifts?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
innerspaceservices wrote:

Verbier - not ski in out

better get your tin hat whilst the 'i stayed in .... resort and .....blah blah blah' type missiles are chucked your way Laughing
snow conditions
innerspaceservices, That's so not true (what you said about St.Anton/Lech/Zurs). You can ski from St.Anton to Alp Rauz, take a 5 min bus to Zurs and ski to Lech from there. Plus, Lech/Zurs has a whole lot going for it. For starters, Lech/Zurs has better snow. Plus, there's the little gem of Stuben. I can't believe a lot of people on the forum have never skied this whole area and appreciated it.
snow report
erica2004, I don't know that area, but maybe anyone who thinks you have to get a bus from Val D'Isere to Tignes is not too reliable a reporter on resorts in any country? I've long wanted to go to Lech but now that I have an apartment in the French alps that's not too likely!
ski holidays
erica2004, that's most interesting to me as we are heading to St Anton over xmas. I must remember what you say.... Cool
latest report
pam w, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

northantsred, I always find Lech (on it's own) quite a smallish area and you would soon get bored (on piste) but it's the fact that you can set off and make a full day of skiing and not ski the same piste twice. When it snows then Lech has ample off piste opportunities. There are also some wonderful ski routes - look for the diamonds on the piste map. I think there's one off the Trittkopf in Zurs that's nice, plus the route to Zug off the Madloch. You can ski from St.Anton to Stuben. The long blue down to Alp Rauz, alongside the Valfagehr Bahn is great. And the Zusertali through the mountains is beautiful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy