Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

copper mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
can anyone tell me what copper mountain is like? are the slopes crowded? whats the snowfall usually like end of jan early feb? is there much apres ski? any info at all would be great

thanks
stephen
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just moved to Frisco, CO, about 6 miles from Copper, but haven't skied Copper since 2002. We stayed at the Club Med (now closed), so we didn't sample much of the apre ski in the resort...there is an ok (not great) selection of restaurants, but you can take the free Summit county bus directly to Frisco which gives you a bit more variety.

Overall terrain variety is pretty good and late Jan/Feb is a pretty safe bet for at least decent coverage (although getting powder is always hit or miss with CO getting less snow overall than Utah). Here is what Tony Crocker's site has to say"

Copper Mtn, Colo. 11,000 9,600-12,360 280 Northern exposures can make conditions here better than Breckenridge despite less snow. Not as much competition here as Breckenridge and Keystone. February/March for maximum coverage http://bestsnow.net/

Can be cold that time of year, but mid-week crowds should be less in Jan than x-mas or mid-Feb & March. Copper's terrain is naturally divided by slope difficulty- this makes it good for not accidently getting in over your head, but not as good if you are skiing with someone of a different ability and want to take a harder/easier trail and met up at the lift. Base elevation is much higher in CO than you will find in Europe, so plan on drinking a lot of water (before and after arrival) and taking it easy the first day or two (or even consider spending the first night in Denver). A Copper season pass goes for $349 until Aug 15, but you have to renew online or buy new in person...there are a variety of other deals that can save you some money compared to buying daily tickets at resort in season.

If you are an advanced skier, contact me before you arrive and maybe we can hook up for a few turns...Matt
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy