Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA to cancel winter flights

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article4396421.ece

Read the last paragraph.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton, I think BA have already cut these, as some SnowHeads have had their flights reorganised or cancelled already. It was bound to happen, now where are those Eurotunnel vouchers. .................
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

where are those Eurotunnel vouchers

Book quickly, I had a nice Lady from Eurotunnel call me to say that some of the bookings I had made now carry a peak supplement, (on my Frequent Travellers deal,)
But as I had already booked they, of course, would not be charging me the extra, the phone call was to reassure me in case I noticed the Peak/dates had been widened Very Happy

We then chatted about Feb. half term and she said they are already planning now as they are expecting to break their passengers handled record on February 14th 2009. (Very Happy Valentines day if you are a shareholder eh!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Air Berlin is cutting back as well

http://uk.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUKL635374120080727
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How short a notice would cutbacks be? I wonder whether Easyjet's daily flights from Bristol to Barcelona in Feb are safe (for Andorra)- I guess it is a popular city though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont,

I am one of these, flight cancelled 6 weeks ago, if I wanted to accept the alternative from Heathrow instead of Gatwick it would have cost me nearly £1000 extra for my family of 4.

My own scenario has been discussed at length on here already. They have refunded the flights but I am still waiting for a refund on the car, as I cannot seem to get it through to them that it is them who have cancelled the flight not me.

Warning to anyone thinking of taking on BA, don't bother I have never come across such a solid "Brick Wall". Instead go and buy yourself a nice bottle of wine and just accept that they have ruined your plans, I know this sounds defeatist but it is the reality of the situation.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It is tough out there in the world of service industries. I could't blame any business that attempts to cut costs now. If they don't then in 24 months time they may not be here. Please don't underestimate how tough it is going to be for many service industries.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Airlines ( as will ferries etc ) will have the fuel bills INCREASED by 10 of millions of £'s.... no one could have budgeted for that sort of crap..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kel, if you haven't sorted this in a couple of weeks, PM me, and I will ask for some advice from a BA employee I know, he is away on holiday at the moment but works in a department that may be able to give me some advice. Not sure why they won't refund it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

where are those Eurotunnel vouchers

Book quickly, I had a nice Lady from Eurotunnel call me to say that some of the bookings I had made now carry a peak supplement, (on my Frequent Travellers deal,)
But as I had already booked they, of course, would not be charging me the extra, the phone call was to reassure me in case I noticed the Peak/dates had been widened Very Happy

We then chatted about Feb. half term and she said they are already planning now as they are expecting to break their passengers handled record on February 14th 2009. (Very Happy Valentines day if you are a shareholder eh!)

I actually booked my New Year trip a few weeks ago, but am waiting for the next lot of vouchers to book March. If I don't have enough for a free trip, it will probably be P&O and Langhans brasserie for lunch instead of pork pies on the Eurotunnel.

Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Kel, if you haven't sorted this in a couple of weeks, PM me, and I will ask for some advice from a BA employee I know, he is away on holiday at the moment but works in a department that may be able to give me some advice. Not sure why they won't refund it.

They have accepted that I do not want a car hire from Grenoble and have agreed to refund me fully. But 4 phone calls later, the last one "the department that deals with car hire are actually refunding your money as we speak" this was 2 weeks ago and my account has not been credited yet.

This is how much they wear you down, I will leave it till month end before I call them back as I can't be bothered with being passed from pillar to post like only BA know how to.

One person actually told me "if I had accepted the revised (albeit £1000 extra) route the car hire would automatically have been transferred to the different destination", my reply "so it's my fault then". He didn't say yes bit he didn't say No it's entirely the fault of BA either.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Austrian airlines report a 60 million Euro loss in the first quarter .......

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/business/news/article_1401606.php/Austrian_Airlines_reports_60-million-euro_loss_for_first_quarter

http://www.cnbc.com/id/25889312/for/cnbc
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
think il book everything last minute this season.. its shaping up to be a bleak one Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
Air Berlin is cutting back as well

http://uk.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUKL635374120080727

"Air Berlin are looking to raise prices" - hell, they're more expensive than most scheduled carriers as it is!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oil is down to $122 now .. stg is staying solid v an appreciating dollar.. fuel costs are rapidly falling.. expect diesel and air fares to fall some time in 2013 as a result wink oil going from 122 to 140 got on the news every night.. now .. ssshhhhhhh
ski holidays
CANV CANVINGTON, these are short term fluctuations. aviation fuel has risen 93% in price over the last 14 months - this is the worst the airline industry has ever had to deal with in it's history. Aviation fuel involves different and more complexed form of refinement than most other fuels which makes it more expensive. Unless future oil reserves are found the days of cheap air travel are over. It takes around 7/8 years from the time of finding oil reserves to production and in turn an effect on the market price. The long term forecast in fuel is no change until around 2014 as no significant reserves have been found. Most companies hedge their buying for a number of years so rates are set in the aviation industry for a few years yet. The loss leaders that the low cost airlines put out at around £50.00 pp return on short haul and below will eventually thin out. have You heard the BA news today? - This is not good for air passenegers.

The biggest untapped areas of oil production are those that are thawing as a result of global warming - the polar ice caps. So we harm our environment even more and tap in to more oil supplies which in turn leads us to harming our environment even more again. When will we learn? wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy