Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Montalbert La Plagne Villaroger Paradiski Challenge

Poster: A snowHead
redrunmarcus, this bit of news..

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41888
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mouth, Excellent congratulations
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's looking good at least one side of the Vanoise Express appears to be working already Toofy Grin
Picture from RG's website http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/index_ENG.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JimW, That adventure race in the snow sounds fun, are you saying fit enough to run a half marathon was not sufficient! I did a one day adventure race in Mayo two weeks ago (Gael Force West). There were some serious competitors in the race including former Olympians, I didn't come in the prizes but I posted a respectable time considering the limited training I had done. I think the hardest thing is getting up and going again the next day unless you have serious miles of training done and once my legs stopped moving I have serious muscle soreness and fatigue that didn't go away for three or four days.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, What about having some T shirts done...........SNOFOX might sponser them and some prizes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus, Quite happy for you to do that along with any other sponsors that may come out of the woodwork wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, Who says it is wokring it looks a little stuck to me!! Seriously through good to see progress being made as need to apply for season pass next month and need to know whether a paradiski pass will be feasible
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can one ski to the VE in a day from Montalbert? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, No of course not, it's quicker to go via La Ros Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What about a fleece gilet but would need a contribution of about a fiver? Blush
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What interest would there be in a Villaroger Challenge gilet ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
redrunmarcus, Well I would be interested for sure. I would like to try the challenge on all 4 of my trips next season, snow and weather and Vanoise Express permitting. So if this was the case I would get a lot of use out of it!

Boredsurfing, will certainly need one if he is going via La Ros and that cold drag lift. I am sure Cockahoop would be interested and Fr0sty the Sn0wman, if it means he gets a free beer in the bar after NehNeh
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I could be tempted by a snazzy garment, providing it has go faster stripes wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, well that should get us the minimum 5 order Cool snowHead anyone else
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
redrunmarcus wrote:
What about a fleece gilet but would need a contribution of about a fiver? Blush

At that sort of price I'm on for one Very Happy , planning the challenge twice with different friends and they'd probably like one each as well
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, do you need to set up a thread where we can order or maybe use the shop? What colour are we thinking of? (you can tell I am a girl can't you!).
snow report
Mouth, and there are corporate sponsorship oppurtunities, pm Marcus to discuss you company's logo appearance on the fleece Toofy Grin

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 9-09-08 9:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
boredsurfin or Boredsurfing may even want 4!
ski holidays
Mouth, or more, ntfarmer and family will want some I guess Toofy Grin
latest report
boredsurfin, is there a map showing the route anywhere. I can imagine certain members of my group being interested in skiing fast!
latest report
Ray Zorro, several routes and choices. Some fast pistes too. I haven't worked out the best route yet cos my routes tend to be via good watering holes and lunch stops!
snow report
Mouth, ah, so the locals like you and Boredsurfing, will have an advantage over the tourists like me. I think we will need to make this a handicap event then Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Ray Zorro wrote:
boredsurfin, is there a map showing the route anywhere. I can imagine certain members of my group being interested in skiing fast!

Ray Zorro as I said in my opening post this is just for a bit of fun. Speed isn't everything! Part of the fun will be the route and which lifts to use, on the La Plagne side there are several routes/lifts that can be used just to get to the Vanoise express, who knows what may lay on the 'other side' wink
There is no set route to follow, get the Paradiski dvd in the PC and start planning the route on the interactive map Toofy Grin
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Skilifts.htm has details of each lft including running speed of each lift wink

So your group will need 8 fleeces then wink
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, but what about the likely queue length at each lift, bottlenecks to be avoided etc etc where will I find information on that? It all needs to be factored in.

Actually there will be 9 of us, but the 2 mums do not do fast Shocked
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, Now thats the sort of information that isn't written down Toofy Grin But queues can form at anytime should a lift breakdown, someone has an accident getting on or off or a large group are faffing around deciding who is going to sit next to whom Laughing

9 fleeces then wink
ski holidays
Ray Zorro,
Boredsurfing,

who says that sort of info isn't written down?!

http://www.espace-arcadien.fr/index.html - one saaad dude... ( you need to look under remontee)

I'm up for a fleece / gilet thingy if they are a goer.
ski holidays
Hi all having spoken to suppliers it looks like the cost is likely to be £10 per gilet do I still have the same interest?
ski holidays
4 please Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, excellent Cool
snow conditions
Is someone going to design it? Competition time !!
ski holidays
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, How about corporate sponsorship wink
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, 1 really big fecker though wink
snow report
Boredsurfing, I can contribute 3 used packing boxes and some old tyres. Come back to me in 2 year.
snow report
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, Should be enough in that to make an xxxxxxxL for you Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, yup - XL, but not XXL...(tubby, not lardy wink )
snow report
redrunmarcus, yes please - 1 for me too. Size L (I'm trim, neither tubby or lardy Cool )
ski holidays
jmdohanlon, lost weight then? wink Laughing
ski holidays
Cheers guys Cool
ski holidays
Fr0sty the Sn0wman wrote:
jmdohanlon, lost weight then? wink Laughing

I have actually. About a stone down on when you last saw me. Cool
snow conditions
Quote:

Honesty, unless anyone comes up with something better

I think fishslice just has.

Have a look at This GPS link
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy