Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Montalbert La Plagne Villaroger Paradiski Challenge

Poster: A snowHead
Sooo, with Les Arcs opening this weekend, not sure about anyone else, but I'm waiting with baited breath for the first posted time!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richie_S, Will have to wait until the Vanoise Express (aka the 'Flying Handbag') opens on the 20th Dec...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richie_S, as onaplateau, says the Vanoise Express (flyng handbag or the washing line!) opens next Saturday.
Before then I will start a thread just for people to post their times. (Starting with my own time from Saturday morning Toofy Grin )
Whilst this thread can continue with the routes hints tips and other various stories such as how we skinned up Mont St Jaques from La Roche to avoid La Plagne altogether Toofy Grin wink or alternatively how we skied down the North Face of Bellecote to avoid using the Vanoise Express at all Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, I assume you will be posting a route with the best pancake stops Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Boredsurfing, I assume you will be posting a route with the best pancake stops Toofy Grin Laughing
Dos Rond is on my route Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone fancy accompanying me on this merry jaunt during the week commencing 14th February?

I think I have Les Arcs totally wired for best route in both directions but, only having been to La Plagne once, I'll need a little research or inside knowledge to sort that side.

I'll be staying at Plagne Soleil. Style and ability? Not very aesthetic but I'll not keep you waiting Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, 'alternatively how we skied down the North Face of Bellecote to avoid using the Vanoise Express at all' . Now the cat is out the bag. There is a great off piste route almost the whole way in both directions. Sorry not telling unless you make it worth my while Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
Dos Rond is on my route Very Happy

yes but they only start serving crepes at 12 noon Toofy Grin You will lose vital time waiting.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a few gilets left if anyone is interested

2 smalls
4 med
1 extra large
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
redrunmarcus, has mine arrived now, you are doing a great job with this. Thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, It is an open day for ESF on saturday in Les Arcs, they are saying there will be big crowds at some lifts as they are giving out free food and drink i think. Could slow you down a bit. If I have the time I might come over your side for a trip, but not to fast this early in the season. Are you here yet.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowcrazy, Saturday morning 09:00 Montalbert lift Very Happy I would say meet you by the VE and you can show us the best way to Villaroger but I dont have a clue how long Montalbert to the VE will take Embarassed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowcrazy, yep in the pile to take to montybear
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, 75 mins.....................................
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Interesting. I reckon Villaroger to VE can be done in about 50-55... , but VE to Villaroger to be slightly longer, maybe 10 mins? .............

So redrunmarcus, what about VE to Montalabert? Puzzled
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Boredsurfing, JimW, some interesting times there. not sure myself, the route I have planned depends a lot on how much snow there is. Does it count if you have to walk a bit. The wind we just had has messed things up a bit. Maybe I need a Plan B. as well. redrunmarcus, Thanks for bringing it out. See you all soon.
latest report
JimW, quicker than 75mins probably 45-60 mins it takes 40 mins to get from Montalbert to Plagne cente..........................depends on what lifts out are open wink
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, careful, we dont want the secret lift getting revealed here wink
ski holidays
snowcrazy, If marcus time is right meet you by the VE 10.30 /11.00 Sat morning! Very Happy
latest report
Boredsurfing, What the tow bar to the left of the main chair up from Montalbert? Toofy Grin
snow report
thefatcontroller, Nope!
snow report
Boredsurfing, Toofy Grin Some good ones Les Arcs side to Madeye-Smiley
snow report
thefatcontroller, I know I have had to queue up for 'em, but apparently they have bought some new faster lifts?
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Sounds like a plan see you all about 10.30 - 11 on saturday morning. Hope the queues are not to long with the open day in les arcs on saturday. If you are with the ESF the VE is free, not sure if you are in another group this will apply but you could ask. Save a few pennies for some people, every bit counts these days.
latest report
snowcrazy, Ok meet you LA side?
latest report
Don't forget the GPS's if you have them chaps Smile

Si
snow report
fishslice, I'm relying on snowcrazy to know the way to Villaroger Very Happy
snow report
I'm going to leave all the opening day stoke to you guys. I've got my brother in law and nieces out from tomorrow for a few days..but I'll be trying to put in some times next week..hopefully the queues will still be like this week...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I won't make it on Saturday guys as our first day and will be sorting and shopping and just skiing locally as one of us will need to look after the newly turned 2 year old. I am sure Boredsurfing, will tell me how you got on over a beer on Saturday evening though.
ski holidays
bertie bassett, Not seen you all week, have you been out in this lovely rolling eyes weather. If you want to wait for the queues to go down, first week in jan after all the school kids go back. Till then, it is going to start to get busy from Saturday, but the worst will be over the New Year. Oh for quiet January skiing. This week has been wonderful empty pistes, but what strange weather.
snow conditions
snowcrazy wrote:
bertie bassett, Not seen you all week, have you been out in this lovely rolling eyes weather. If you want to wait for the queues to go down, first week in jan after all the school kids go back. Till then, it is going to start to get busy from Saturday, but the worst will be over the New Year. Oh for quiet January skiing. This week has been wonderful empty pistes, but what strange weather.
Yeah, sorry Snowcrazy, I do owe you a beer for the 'en-route' snow report, but just been a bit 'my side of the hill' and had a few to many errands to run for it to be worth calling. I'm guiding my nieces around for 5 days from tomorrow, but would be good to catchup perhaps early in Jan - I have a couple of ski buddies out that week too..

I seem to have been ok with the weather, but I've been hiding below the tree line for lots of it, apart from that lovely day (tuesday IIRC)
ski holidays
Is it possible to do all of this on just blue runs starting from Villaroger?
Have had a look at the piste map but frankly am no wiser!

Many Thanks
snow report
Mouth wrote:
I won't make it on Saturday guys as our first day and will be sorting and shopping and just skiing locally as one of us will need to look after the newly turned 2 year old. I am sure Boredsurfing, will tell me how you got on over a beer on Saturday evening though.

That may work out just right a you can time the there and back again time so it can be avaraged. Laughing Laughing
snow report
fizz, you can get from Villaroger to the washing line on blues... But I have no idea about what happens the other side!!
snow report
The is deed done Very Happy

and first result posted in the results thread where I hope posters can resist the urge to type at random Very Happy

A big thanks must go to Snowcrazy who acted as our guide on the Les Arcs side and showed where the La Ferme restaurant is Very Happy
Also thanks to slikedges who came along with us on the Les Arcs leg of the trip Very Happy

We wont post our Villaroger Monalbert time as we took that very easily leaving at 1 and geting back to MontB at 3.30! Laughing
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
The is deed done Very Happy

and first result posted in the results thread where I hope posters can resist the urge to type at random Very Happy

A big thanks must go to Snowcrazy who acted as our guide on the Les Arcs side and showed where the La Ferme restaurant is Very Happy
Also thanks to slikedges who came along with us on the Les Arcs leg of the trip Very Happy

We wont post our Villaroger Monalbert time as we took that very easily leaving at 1 and geting back to MontB at 3.30! Laughing

Good work guys.. will give it a go perhpas next saturday as I've a feeling it could be a bit slow lift line wise.. do boarders get an allowance for 'binding time!'
latest report
Boredsurfing, I am impressed with your time: 2 hours.
I reckoned I might take more like 3. But I suppose there were no lift queues today.

Anyway, I am interested in the way you post your time.
It suggests you did not included the time for going over on the Vanoise Express.
Surely this is as much part of the Challenge as any other lift. Confused
latest report
Jonpim, Yes I should have explained that, when we got there we found that as it was open day, there was a crowd of people enjoying the free breakfast, coffee croissant pastries etc, rude to refuse I thought, and then slik phoned to say that the lift he was on had stopped, so I thought best have another coffee pastrie etc whilst we waited for him to arrive, when he did arrive they were only running one cabin over as it was Saturday am (as is normal). On arrival t'other side we met snowcrazy who I haven't met for a year or two so there was catching up and intro's to do Very Happy
Plus into the future it does allow people a lunch or beer or loo stop should they feel the need wink

RESULTS THREAD
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109438#1109438

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 20-12-08 22:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Boredsurfing, Good to hear you made it home in plenty of time for afternoon tea. Laughing It was good to see you guys again and to meet slik. I think next time we can do it a bit quicker if we are still lucky with the lift queues that is. Great morning, thanks for the company today. Very Happy

bertie bassett, depending how the legs feel after a week of guiding, do you fancy joining with me next saturday.
latest report
snowcrazy, Thank you again, keep in touch. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy